You lose Brady Quinn!!!

El Karacho1647545492

Ted Ginn will get killed in the NFL.. He might want to learn to take a hit!!

As a Browns fan I wanted A.Peterson instead of J.Thomas but hey we got Quinn and now if we pick a speedy RB we might draw even this year!!!!!!!!! :)

Not if he can't be caught. If someone is looking at his back ... good luck doing anything but wearing yourself out. Plus taking "hits" isn't his job. Why take a chance getting splattered to gain 3 more yards on one play, when you can play a little safe and gain hundreds of yards later.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why the hell would the browns take adrian peterson??? they just picked up Jamal Lewis.

the browns did a great job of filling gaps in their roster and getting guys that'll be an asset to both the run game and passing game. they're not gonna be a 10 win team...hell i'd be surprised if they're a 6 win team...but they're putting th pieces in place for a great future

jamal will have less than 1000(edit 1000 not 100) yards but not by much, and i would not be suprised if the browns are 8-8 this year, or better.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/gameday/schedule.php

looks like brady gets to beat up on JaMarcus in week 3, this schedule isnt that bad split afc division games and this is an easy 8-8 season.

Ginn is just above average in speed in the NFL.This isn't college anymore. The pros are much faster, he will not out run some DBs or Special Teams.

:confused: My dude ran a 4.3 while limping. Average speed in the NFL is actually about 4.4 to 4.5 (for speed positions). Its his burst that sets him apart. People dont take into account "actual field speed". Lets use good ol Deon Sanders as an example. When a ball was in the air he could cover twice as much ground as someone that had a better 40 yard dash time than him. Ginn has field vision, and the speed to get to an open hole before it closes. Yes he may not run by them but it will not be because of a lack of speed. It will be because pros have better techniques and will not allow him to reach full speed. Bump and run FTW

Edit: I still feel he was drafted way too early.... I figured he was a late first round/second round pick at best

Loosing big games is not all Brady's fault... it is a team game. Its more than numbers and wins (even though that tells a lot about a team leader). If your supporting cast is ok, and you make them look better you are definitely a good quarter back. On the flipside think about Troy Smith. I'm a Troy Smith fan, but the recievers bailed him out a lot and the experts saw that.

Brady is a good quarterback. Overrated or not he is still a first round QB. Maybe not good enough to be number 1, but good enough to make a difference in a year or 2.

jamal lewis is on the downside of his career. hell have less than 1000 yards this year, quote me.

no way. he'll be over a grand, easy. he may be on the downside of his career, but the browns have a lot of faith in him and with a fast, versatile guy like Thomas blocking for him he'll be averaging 4 yards a carry easily. not only that, but having a rookie qb will give the browns all the more reason to run a lot of run plays with lewis, even if the qb is quinn

, this schedule isnt that bad split afc division games and this is an easy 8-8 season.

LOL - and splitting the AFC North Division games is apparently a given?? I don't think there is any way Clevelend will be .500 in the AFC North this year. Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Cincy make this a very difficult division to "rebuild" against.

The only thing Ginn needs to be pro bowl potential within a season or two is better route running.

and a decent quarterback throwing to him...thats a big component

still, i doubt ginn's ability as a pure reciever. I think he'll make an excellent replacement for Wes Welker right now as a kick returner and secondary/terciary reciever, but he's also really small. he won't be able to block on run plays, which you always see good recievers doing (case in point, hines ward), he's going to be up against safetys that A) can keep up with him and B) can hit him fucking HARD, and his favorite play (fake post, then take off for the end zone) is not going to work in the NFL.

and a decent quarterback throwing to him...thats a big component

still, i doubt ginn's ability as a pure reciever. I think he'll make an excellent replacement for Wes Welker right now as a kick returner and secondary/terciary reciever, but he's also really small. he won't be able to block on run plays, which you always see good recievers doing (case in point, hines ward), he's going to be up against safetys that A) can keep up with him and B) can hit him fucking HARD, and his favorite play (fake post, then take off for the end zone) is not going to work in the NFL.

I agree to a degree ... but you don't have to kill someone with a block to get in their way. That alone can make a play. That extra second of delay can be a touchdown.

:confused: My dude ran a 4.3 while limping. Average speed in the NFL is actually about 4.4 to 4.5 (for speed positions). Its his burst that sets him apart. People dont take into account "actual field speed". Lets use good ol Deon Sanders as an example. When a ball was in the air he could cover twice as much ground as someone that had a better 40 yard dash time than him. Ginn has field vision, and the speed to get to an open hole before it closes. Yes he may not run by them but it will not be because of a lack of speed. It will be because pros have better techniques and will not allow him to reach full speed. Bump and run FTW

Edit: I still feel he was drafted way too early.... I figured he was a late first round/second round pick at best

4.3 at the combine is like a 3.9 anywhere else, for some reason people always run slow at the combine, or fast at home track with coach running the watch. Jerry rice only ran like 4.4 yet could burn almost any db. He what they called field speed, some said he would 4.4 in full pads in the grass... if joe would lead him enough.

EDIT: to clarify; 3.9 is a exaggeration. I think the fasest combine 40 time is 4.1#, but i would imagine the times by hand that seem to be about 3tenths faster could read real fast.

Lewis will be fine in Cleveland...I hope! I dont think that Billick used him properly in Baltimore. Billick screwed Lewis of breaking Dickersons record! Time will tell! Lewis has the potential still to run 1400+ a season and has a few years left in him. No matter what he is still an upgrade over Droughns! The problem with Cleveland is they always want these huge power backs that are slower than som DLs in the league. We need a speedster to blow by the front 7 and then the DBs. I dont know what are record will be but I would be happy with a 8-8 record! Quinn will probably start after a few bad games by Frye...that is if even is good enough to start... I think Anderson is better than him and Quinn is better than both of them! I personally think Thomas will be the bust for us .. but I hope not!!

GO BROWNS

Ginn is still slower guys like than Vick,Moss and is not much quicker than some LBs in the league and his 40 speed wont mean nothing in the NFL!! Lets see what happens when he gets hit from saftey at full speed! Then we'll see if he could take a hit ..like Chad Johnson did from Brian Russell last year!! Oh yeah I thought Rice ran 4.5-4.6s!!

X2

Ginn is still slower guys like than Vick,Moss and is not much quicker than some LBs in the league and his 40 speed wont mean nothing in the NFL!! Lets see what happens when he gets hit from saftey at full speed! Then we'll see if he could take a hit ..like Chad Johnson did from Brian Russell last year!! Oh yeah I thought Rice ran 4.5-4.6s!!

Your right.

quoted from the most relieble sorce on the net wikipedia.

"Jerry Rice reportedly ran a 4.6 or 4.7 second 40-yard dash (regarded as a mediocre figures for a wide receiver)[citation needed] . He went on to play in 13 Pro Bowls, win 3 Super Bowls, and break a whole pile of NFL receiving records NFL records (at the time of his retirement he had 28 NFL records). Said former teammate Ronnie Lott, "Jerry may have been a 4.6 or a 4.7, but he was a 4.2 on Sundays." Rice was also generally noted for being able to run as fast a 40-yard dash under the weight of heavy NFL padding as he was in track gear. "

Wikipedia - Joey Galloway...

"Considered one of the best players in Ohio State history, Galloway entered the draft in 1995. At the combine, he recorded a record 4.18 second 40 yard dash time. He made an immediate impact in the NFL. Early in his professional career he was considered by many to be one of the most gifted players in the NFL, going over the 1,000 yard mark in three of his first four seasons, while also being a star return"

And now back to Ginn

Please keep in mind Ginn was limping and ran a 4.3.... To run a 4.3 at a combine dealing with the stress, and being hurt is amazing!!!! I think he was drafted so early because he will be able to out run 90% of the DB's in a straight line foot race. The speed he has on the field is very rare. There are only a few "burners" that enter the draft every year. In his highlights he is constantly out running guys that are 20 yards ahead of him... and are taking a persuit angle. In college its a touchdown... In the pros its an extra 20-30 yards and maybe the difference needed to give the team a spark. If he can get his route running together he could be a deep threat for Culpepper the way Randy Moss once was.