First Bike owned/ridden

thorne

My first "BIKE" was a 198x Moped 1 speed. I loved that thing. I was 15 and had my own wheels.

My first street bike was a KZ440. That bike was the shit. I learned how to get that thing up on 1 even when i was told it could not be done. I've yet to try the Katana it well I'm scared of it ha.

All of the bikes I've had

8x moped

81 KZ440

82 Yamaha Cruiser 1100 (I think i never finisshed the project and dumped it)

81 Seca 750

06 Katana 600

Are you just telling us your life story on the bikes you've owned/ridden or are taking a survey/poll?

If the latter, my first bike is the one I've got now, a Honda Superhawk, and it wants a piece of yours. :grin2:

Yeah, but you're more experienced, lol. How's it doing, get the problems worked out or what? You be out this weekend with it or what?

I'll trade you mine for your can-o-tuna. :D

I never got all the Kat haters, they are a decent bike, not a race bike by any standards. But good to learn on. I took the MSF class and learned on a shadow. Luckily I had a GREAT friend who taught me the basics on his bike. Most people couldn't outride the capabilities of the Katana. My kat faired very well against *MOST* street cars...ask killjoy149. It is what it is. If you wanted it to handle like a ducati, you should have bought a ducati. If you wanted it to rotate the earth backwards at the twist of the wrist, get a busa or ZX14

I wanted something I did not HAVE to lay down but i could when i felt like it. Eatherway I know there are way faster bikes.

Back on topic

Your First bike or the bike you learned to ride on.

Im just saying that when I owned a Kat it got dissed rather hard for being "down on power" I knew what I had and knew it wouldn't keep up with the 600 race bikes. I bought it used, so that if (when) I dropped it, it wouldnt be a big deal. Its a good first bike although rather heavy for a noob. The carbs are not noob friendly compared to a fuel injected bike. Not talking about thorne at all, just the bikes utility for new riders in general.

86 Honda VFR750 interceptor (mint shape)

95 Honda CBR 900RR (first fast bike)

98 Kawasaki ZX7R (black, with everything polished possibly)

03 Honda CBR 954RR (stunt bike, broke alot of shit)

99 Honda Superhawk 996 (got to sell)

00 Honda Shadow ACE Deluxe (first cruiser, and current bike)

i love sport bikes, but they dont accomadate me and my wife like id like. they are great to go fast, do some wheelies, and i miss it alot, BUT... the cruiser is great. i can ride anywhere and be comfortable, bring stuff with me for trips, and my wife loves the comfort.

my next bike will either be a Honda VTX 1800C, or a Honda ST1300, or Harley Street Glide.

i like the looks of the VTX better, its a cruiser style bike, more of a power cruiser with 120hp, but the ST1300 is super comfortable, has plenty of power and alot of accomadations. while the street glide is amazing, 96ci, traditional harley sound, great front fairing, CD player, gps, huge hard bags, and all the goodies. i got to ride my buddies home from work the other day and i love it. i need to ride the other to bikes to make a decision first though.

i also looked at the new Honda VFR interceptor, but it is almost to sportbike riding position wise.

will i ever have another sportbike, maybe in my midlife crisis, but not anytime soon. i need comfort right now.

I used to steal my brother's moped when I was 13, and my parent's scooter when I was 15. Looking back, I'm not quite sure how I got away with that without being caught, but who cares.

when I was 16 I got my first bike....a 1974 Honda XL175. It was an enduro dirtbike so it had turn signals, taillight, headlight and such to make it street legal. My parents got it for me as a christmas present from my friend's father that I planned on buying it from him that coming summer. The only kicker...it hadn't run in 12 years, and had sat with the same gas in the tank, and it was my job to get it going. Looking back that was kinda cool. To this day when I smell rotten ass old gas, it reminds me of that bike.

I rode that baby for a little over a year on the street, knobbies and all, which is a good way to learn and keep your 16yr old ego in check since it topped out at 63mph tached out in top gear (even with a bigger sprocket up front). I sold it for $450 and to this day kick myself whenever I think about that, which I would have kept it.

Next, I had saved up all my prescious pennies from my first "real" job that I got (summer after junior year in HS) and my parents gave me the last $100 I needed as a birthday present to buy my pride and joy....a 97 CBR600F3 that had been salvaged (laid down and somehow submerged in water). We went to Kentucky to pick it up from the salvage yard and brought it home. I worked a part time job and every penny went to rebuilding the F3, finally it was ready by the spring. I rocked that baby for a while, probably 3 years. All the while working to put new parts on it (working at a bike shop helped).

After I sold the F3 (once again regretably) I bought my 636 new, been rocking it since, and probably will for a while since it's paid off and the way I want it, great track bike.

Thorne Ill race superhawk on your bike for any amount of money and garauntee a victory for the kat.

First 91 katana,96 gsxr,99 r6, 01 929rr,01 r6

So your saying the katana would be victorious over the superhawk?

If Matt would let me ride the superhawk I would be down for a lil wager! Roll or dig? or both?

EDIT: On topic first bike I had when I was 3 was a Suzuki JR 50 with training wheels!

So your saying the katana would be victorious over the superhawk?

If Matt would let me ride the superhawk I would be down for a lil wager! Roll or dig? or both?

EDIT: On topic first bike I had when I was 3 was a Suzuki JR 50 with training wheels!

Deal!, but I want to take yours around the block, lol.

the first bike i rode on was when i was about 8 or 9 on my uncles 80something suzuki. i cant remember what kind it was... but we rode down into southeast ohio. i remember how cool it felt to just be on the bike riding out through the country... how different it was from a car... the 360 degree view, the wind in your face...

they had a quad too, and i started to learn the basics on that thing... like throttle control, shifting, braking etc. my cousins had dirtbikes, so i would ride those all the time with them. they had a YZ80 and some kind of suzuki 80. i think an RM? good times.

First bike I owned = '97 Honda Shadow 600 VLX Deluxe.

Custom... well....everything! More in the paint job thatn it was worth! But, at least someone could paint it brown :rolleyes:

Huh... a Kat is a good first bike.... wonder where I've heard that before :D

KillJoy

Thorne Ill race superhawk on your bike for any amount of money and garauntee a victory for the kat.

First 91 katana,96 gsxr,99 r6, 01 929rr,01 r6

After the Kats got its 500 done I'll do that if matt wants to go for 20$. The b

inorder

1985 Kawasaki KX 80

1997 Kawasaki KX 80

1997 Kawasaki KX 125

1998 Suzuki RM 125

1999 Suzuki RM 125

2000 KTM SX 125

2000 KTM SX 250

2001 KTM SX 125

2003 R6

2004 R1

2006 KLX 110

2005 KTM SX250F

nothing makes you faster in turns in the dirt like riding a crotch rocket. you learn more about counter weighting the out side food peg and seat postion and you can put it to good use.

After the Kats got its 500 done I'll do that if matt wants to go for 20$. The b

DONE! You're on sucka!! :p

And Zach, It probably is too much, but I just want to see the difference between a twin and 4cylinder since I've never rode one, I don't want to rip on it or anything, just mosey around the block or up and down the street a few times.