Ways to fall asleep.

thorne

Go work out or have sex for longer than 45min, these always work for me.

Wife is at work during my work times. and rubbin one out don't seem to put me to sleep. working out don't eather.

Ambien sucks. I'm trying this walnut idea though. And I think turning off the distractions might help allot.

when i was at school and i REALLY needed to fall asleep (i would stay up all night coughing when i was sick for a while) i would just take a bunch of nyquil and wash it down with some captain...

i can never fall asleep before 3:30, and normally am up till about 4:30, which is a problem when i have to wake up before 7 for work. so pull 1 all nighter, go work, and then you wont have ANY problem falling asleep that night.

If that drug can make me sleep through the night in a nursing home when there are old people crying out for help all night. That drug kept me sane for 3 nights.

That is cool. It doesn't work on me.

Thorne you are a gamer, you gotta get away from the comp, tv, and so on at least 45 min before you lay down.

This is probably very true. It will help to get away from all the 'input'. Computer, xbox, maybe even the tv. If you can put your mind to it, reading used to help me alot. A light you can reach from your sleeping spot, a nice fan for some white noise and a cool breeze (I can't sleep if it's not nice and cool) and a dark ass room. Try to find any non-drug way to help you sleep first. You want your body to relearn on its own. That means no nyquil, alcohol (not true anyway), or ambien, etc.

Another key point is to construct a habit. I've been watching, playing, and doing the same things for the most part at night and then performing the same habits a bit earlier every night. It's helped me fall asleep a bit sooner than normal, but still kinda early to announce 'eureka'. The only fall back is I'm waking earlier, but I have a few other actual sleep problems not relating to yours and most people, which is the issue of actually falling asleep. I'll go into more detail next time I see you. There's a bit more to it.

Or I can personally help you sleep. The key is to hit really hard... with a bat.

That's just plain too much information to have read just now, especially since you and I have shaken hands in the past :p:eek: :burn:

Wife is at work during my work times. and rubbin one out don't seem to put me to sleep.

That's just plain too much information to have read just now, especially since you and I have shaken hands in the past :p:eek:

ROFL ROFL ;)

I only woke up 3 times today. I'm on a record and no alky today. I went to get walnuts and forgot which kinda of nuts they where.

I sleep during the day b/c I work nights. I make my bed room as dark as possible, turn on cnn for back ground noise and pass out. Sometimes I take a Tylenol PM it always knocks me out.

Had an ex-gf get addicted to those and couldn't sleep without popping one or two before bed. Of course, she had a very addictive personality, though.