who got an iphone?

DeathSandwich

A friend of mine got one and is returning it tomorrow. The internet is super slow, the screen is hard to use, download speeds are slow, you don't have direct connection to i-tunes, and he drops half his calls.

P.S he works for Cingular

Cool idea, but I wouldn't want one. Haven't looked at it too closely, but I'm curious how you type and email? If it's a touch screen keyboard, that would really, really suck.

I also can't imagine how mine would look after one week. I had to buy a protective cover for my BlackBerry 8800 day one as even it would take a beating otherwise.

I suppose kids and folks in the Y generation may look at it more, but for me, I'll stick with the most reliable PDA I've ever owned, forgo the music and stick with my built in GPS....Blackberry......

When combined with my Jawbone earpiece, everyone thinks I'm on a land line in a library somewhere.

http://www.pbase.com/pdqgp/image/81363467.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/pdqgp/image/81363466.jpg

On the brighter side, the hype of the iPhone is dropping the price on my vx6700, so I can snatch up a few spares to use as parts when I break mine.

BTW, I shattered my screen in under a week, rest of the phone works fine. This thing is going to have a rough life.

Why whould people spend 500+ for a phone that is (as they say) tied to a shity network (slow) the screen is hard to use. I don't get it

Because the sped the network up today. It has one of the most invative interfaces. It can be typed on without a fucking stylst. I use a PPC6700 when i got it. It was about the same price. I so want one I'm debating cancling my plan and switching.

My ppc is nice I love it for all intensive purposes. but it's getting dated. 64mb of ram ftl.

A friend of mine got one and is returning it tomorrow. The internet is super slow, the screen is hard to use, download speeds are slow, you don't have direct connection to i-tunes, and he drops half his calls.

P.S he works for Cingular

True story?

Every employee of apple Full or Part-time that has been with them for over 1 year gets a free iPhone. This includes retail staff. :mad: I should have got a part-time job there. 6pm tonight is when they go on sale.

uh...that's damn cool.

True story?

Very.. definately not worth the price whoever goes from a pda to a I-Phone will be highly dissappointed.

Not sure if you anyone has seen the replacement for the PPC-6700 its the Audiovox 6800 and so far sprint are the only ones that carry it that phone is SWEEEET! and half the price of the i-phone and does TWICE as much and its thinner then my en-v!!! :eek:

Verizon will get it in a few months the 6800 that is..

I was watching the news earlier. The Mayor of Philly was 2nd in line to get his phone while he was on the clock... WTF?

He set up a portable office and had his assistant running paperwork out to him during the day for him to look over and sign. The people there were pissed. They showed an older woman screaming at him. LOL