Weight update

thorne

I've been working damn hard at this its been a long journey from over 300lbs. I just got weighed tonight when my wife was at the doctors. Fully dressed (wallet everything) 229lbs. Every other time I weighed i took everything off minus shirt and pants.

I'm happy as hell It has taken me longer then i would have liked to get these last 10lbs down so i could hit my 220's goal. But I'm here and feel so much better. I want to think Anthony for the inspiration.

So I started a new goal 180. If anyone is interested in joining me I'm going to be going to Victory's to start toning up some.

I will post pics showing my progress from my heavist points to now as soon as I can get some pics snapped.

Good for you man. Once you hit the plateu its hard to break through. I went from 266 and lost 26lbs then hovered around 240 for a while, only in the past two weeks have i finally 'broken' through, im now at 231. Its just a matter of time and dedication now. My original goal was 220, ive changed it to 210 after seeing the progress i made. Its going to be nice to be down to my old weight again, be able to fit into old clothes too.

Good luck Thorne keep us updated.

i was doing good for a bit...few months ago, started jogging, went from 215 to 201ish (goal was 180)...went on vacation for a week, didnt do shit, came home at like 207, went back to the gym, and started getting shin splints from running wrong...stopped for a couple weeks to heal up, and then just didnt go back...started back a couple weeks ago...been using the eliptical (less impact, seems to burn a fuckload more calories...almost 400 for 1/2 hour on it), but it seems like my weight hasnt moved...maybe im gaining muscle...idk

id join you, but i have my membership at the YMCA due to my location. its a nice facility

i dont like gyms....

free weight.. a heavy bag...and a jump rope.. thats really all you need.

and a no carb high protein diet.. and youll be set to loose alot of fat but gain/retain muscle.

I keep my weight down by eating ice. It makes you feel full. I also drink gallons and gallons of water every day. The more water you drink the fuller you feel the more weight you will get off and keep off.

It can also kill you.... 2 gallons of water is all you need in a day! It will make you feel bloated, hungry every 30 minutes. It works for girls not for guys! The healthy way to loose weight is to eat a balanced diet and exercise.You need to eat good fats ( peanutbutter, flax seed and omega 3 and 6 found in fish) Whole grain carbs are the way to go. Any protein is good chicken and fish are the best meat to eat if you are looking to loose weight but lean red meat should be used to. Wether its protein, carbs or fat if it is not used to will be stored as fat.

I keep my weight down by eating ice. It makes you feel full. I also drink gallons and gallons of water every day. The more water you drink the fuller you feel the more weight you will get off and keep off.

I always drink at least a half a gallon of water a day. Its no diet... its normal :confused:

Guest No-cones
The best way to eat is 5-6 small meals a day, that way your body is always working to burn your food which burns for fat, it raises your metabolism, but most ppl can't do 5-6 SMALL meals a day

I eat allot of small meals honestly. That has been so helpful. DDR of course is still the staple of my exercuse but I've expanded into bike riding . It feels good when non of your pants fit.

before the boys were moblie I lost close to 35-40 lbs with diet and exercise. Since they are now into EVERYTHING I don't have time for that I still eat fairly good but need to exercise agian. Its just hard to get back in the routine. I have only gained about 10 lbs back but right now I have no motivation. :(

I have a 4yr old and a 1.5 yr old....same with two, so I know the feeling. I need to base my PC time on weather I work out ;)

Its just hard to get back in the routine. I have only gained about 10 lbs back but right now I have no motivation. :(

Guest Wunna Dig Race

Great JOB when I graduated high school i weighed 300 lbs and now i am down to my goal which is 220 I have been there since my son was born 2 years ago I am comfortable with it and happy...... I have been thinkin of setting a new goal of 200 though

But congrats Thorne

Great JOB when I graduated high school i weighed 300 lbs and now i am down to my goal which is 220 I have been there since my son was born 2 years ago I am comfortable with it and happy...... I have been thinkin of setting a new goal of 200 though

But congrats Thorne

Ive been there, when i graduated i was close to 230, got a job in a warehouse and dropped down to 185. Everyone i saw that i went to school with didnt even recognize me. I bet you get the same reaction, its probably the BIGGEST benefit to losing weight, when other people notice.

Guest Wunna Dig Race
Ive been there, when i graduated i was close to 230, got a job in a warehouse and dropped down to 185. Everyone i saw that i went to school with didnt even recognize me. I bet you get the same reaction, its probably the BIGGEST benefit to losing weight, when other people notice.

yea I agree everyone noticed and dont recognize me at all..... my half blind 92 year old great grandma noticed