Road rage - ? for Police Officers on here

Crossle

Ok so here is what happens, me driving 35 mph in the right lane on High Street. Lady in Lexus SUV turns left from Stanton into middle turn lane and proceeds to merge into Left Lane.

Coming up to Broad Meadows, she sees that no one is in the right lane and starts to accelerate pass me to cut me off so she can be first in line. I hold my speed and when she realizes she can't make it swerves at me as if she is going to hit me. I stop at the light.

As we leave the light I see her swerving through traffic in a rage to catch back up to me BUT FOR WHAT REASON? To flick me off repeatedly. I made no speed change, no hand signals, NOTHING.

Now she is riding my ass, i make two lane changes to get her off me and i look behind me to see her riding the ass of a RAV 4 as i wait to turn left at Dominion i have the RAV 4 following me around another residential street. He tries to grand theft auto cut me off and i, just like WTF That lady in the Lexus was riding your ass not me. He turns off another road and disappears.

NOW has anyone else had a road rage experience like this? What did you do or what could you suggest? (officers on this board) I'm not a big guy so talking to the pissed is not going to be good. I'm really getting tired of people getting pissed for no reason and then taking the law into their own hands. I admit that i am young and at times make stupid decisions when driving and i can admit to them, but this stupid shit has got to stop. Thanks!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Open my cut out --> Slow down and get right beside them--> Wait until they roll down their window to say something --> Hit the gas pedal hard and completely take out their eardrum.

Prepare to laugh. The guy that posted below me made a funny!

Some states are passing road rage laws... road rage = M1 trip to jail.

I wish I wish I wish Ohio would pass this.

For now... Ignore them unless they start swerving directly at you or throwing things at you. Then call 911 and give plate and direction of travel, and follow them if you can safely do so. It happens sometimes, we like it when the caller stays on the line and gives us direction.

Some states are passing road rage laws... road rage = M1 trip to jail.

I wish I wish I wish Ohio would pass this.

For now... Ignore them unless they start swerving directly at you or throwing things at you. Then call 911 and give plate and direction of travel, and follow them if you can safely do so. It happens sometimes, we like it when the caller stays on the line and gives us direction.

The thing that frustrates me the most is that I got someone else angry that had no part in this but when this shit happens its tough to make a decision as to what to do since you have the adrenaline running.

What you have to say is what my parents suggested i believe them and all, but i just wanted to hear that from an Officer.

On another note if i did cut them off and then called the Police because they are raging can i be charged with anything or does the fact that they were road raging over ride my wrong so to speak?

To be serious, ignoring them is the best way to go. You dont know if they have a gun, or will try and run you into a pole.

PS. Amy dont be suprised when every guy from CR gets road rage while near you just to make you pucker up ;)

ignore them, drive on and pretend like you have your kids in the car. if he follows or continues, just pick up the phone, call the cops and look right at him when you do. it'll take a moment but when they realize you're talking about them, you'll actually see the light bulb go off and they will magically disappear in traffic as they will have finally associated their ignorant behavior with you calling the cops. :cool: I've even motioned to someone that I'm on the phone calling about them. you really can see them begin to sweat.

Open my cut out --> Slow down and get right beside them--> Wait until they roll down their window to say something --> Hit the gas pedal hard and completely take out their eardrum.

Prepare to laugh. The guy that posted below me made a funny!

4 cylinders :( I've got an intake though!

Guest Dat Woman U luv2hate
Yeah unfortunatly I have to agree to jus let it go. I have had guns pulled on me and have had a few court dates for the violence that came from road rage and my big mouth. You never know what gun ho preteen is itching to look cool in front of his peeps. Its really not worth the possiability of loosing your life. Personally I would get the plates and report them for road rage and dui. Then I would smoke em like cheech and chong.

I give them the room to move over even if they dont deserve the courtesy. If she put her blinker on and tried to get over but the distance was too close, just tap your break and let them in. Whats the worst that can happen? Honestly what do you lose by letting someone into your lane? Nothing. People get way too angry about stupid situation's like this that tumble out of control quickly.

Now if their drunk thats a different story.

i keep a good collection of pennies. i was on the freeway the other day, this guy cuts right inbetween me and the car in front of me...he barely had enough room to do it. i lay on my horn, go over one lane, start to pass him, and HE gives ME the finger. i waited until the car that was originally in front of me took the next exit, got infront of him, and tossed a few pennies back.

he never did try to go past me until i got off at my exit

I give them the room to move over even if they dont deserve the courtesy. If she put her blinker on and tried to get over but the distance was too close, just tap your break and let them in. Whats the worst that can happen? Honestly what do you lose by letting someone into your lane? Nothing. People get way too angry about stupid situation's like this that tumble out of control quickly.

Now if their drunk thats a different story.

Believe me if it was a case of she was ahead of me and signaled fine. But it was a come from clear behind me and try to cut me off with NO SIGNAL. I didn't mention that but that was the case.

Yeah unfortunatly I have to agree to jus let it go. I have had guns pulled on me and have had a few court dates for the violence that came from road rage and my big mouth. You never know what gun ho preteen is itching to look cool in front of his peeps. Its really not worth the possiability of loosing your life. Personally I would get the plates and report them for road rage and dui. Then I would smoke em like cheech and chong.

You might be my twin.......... :eek: