Might as well let the cat out of the bag....

Rally Pat

Since we had the whole 4G63 vs Ford 2.3 thread, I should let everyone know what is going on. I am building a 2.3t FC RX-7. I dont have the FC yet, something about FC owners and not responding to PM's and E-mails, but I have a few leads. This whole project is going to be cheap. The most expensive part will be the megasquirt engine management. I am shooting for a car that will do a little bit of freeway fun with some level of autocrossability.

What I have decided on:

Ford 2.3 from the Xr4ti, it had slightly larger injectors (will be a nice starting point)

T5 from a mustang

Granny's Ford 2.3 Kit

Megasquirt N Spark pushing Ford EDIS

Holset HY35

Walboro 255

Havent decided on injectors yet

Maybe Nick's Intercooler if I buy it, otherwise whatever I find in the junkyard

Megasquirt 2 Step Program

Knife Edged lower intake mani, gutted and rotated upper intake

Ranger Cam, or something better if I can afford it

Ported head

Stock Block, Pistons, Rods, Crank

Homemade Intercooler Sprayer

Stuff to come later:

Full Racing Beat Suspension Kit - yeah, its not the best, but its cheap

I am shooting for 400-450 whp. Let the rotary fanboy flamefest begin.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to find a prebuilt megasquirt. I love to solder and all, but my hands a little shaky, and there are too many connections i would probably mess up.

I got the FC lined up for you, I would rather check it out first and make sure you won't be getting a shitty body!

Let me know, homeboy.

why not just buy the 2.3t stang in the corral for $900obo? seems like a good starting point? but anyways, good luck on the project.

Because I would then have a foxbody shell to get rid of. A 2.3 motor can be had from a local junkyard for only $150.

Because I would then have a foxbody shell to get rid of. A 2.3 motor can be had from a local junkyard for only $150.

lol, no i meant screw the rx7 and just build the stang? you'd have 900 or more in the swap kit/megasquirt, or in a fc shell, right? so offer the dude 750 and have a running, already swapped 2.3t car where all you have to do it modify it?

Guest Removed
lol, no i meant screw the rx7 and just build the stang? you'd have 900 or more in the swap kit/megasquirt, or in a fc shell, right? so offer the dude 750 and have a running, already swapped 2.3t car where all you have to do it modify it?

Then it would be just another mustang with a 2.3. I like the 2.3l FC idea myself. I have been pondering a 280ZX TT 302 ideas around!

I am not using an HX35, I am using an HY35. Still kind of a big turbo, I will just have to lean into the throttle sooner.

Edit: Just did a little more research between the two. Apparently, the HX flows better, but the HY spools faster. HY it is.

You've yet to do anything you've ever said you were going to do. What makes you think you're going to do this? First it was a 20V MR2, then a Redtop MR2, then a 20V MR2, then a 2.3T Ranger, many more things. I don't believe a word you say, ever really. I'm not trying to be a dick, but there's no reason for you to post this junk. You're not going to do it. That's like me waking up every morning and posting some random dream I have. I hear the same thing from you ever other week.

Ive been planning this the last 4 months....

I ditched the 20v MR2 because the MR2 isnt worth investing that into.

I ditched the Redtop MR2 because it wasnt worth investing into.

I ditched the 20v MR2 because it wasnt worth investing into.

I ditched the Turbo Ranger because my boss told me he would fire me if I did it (he was right, it needs to stay the reliable daily it is)

When it happens, I will rub your face in it for countless hours. If it doesnt, I will bow down to you and call you master. Deal?

You've yet to do anything you've ever said you were going to do. What makes you think you're going to do this? First it was a 20V MR2, then a Redtop MR2, then a 20V MR2, then a 2.3T Ranger, many more things. I don't believe a word you say, ever really. I'm not trying to be a dick, but there's no reason for you to post this junk. You're not going to do it. That's like me waking up every morning and posting some random dream I have. I hear the same thing from you ever other week.

I was trying to say the samething with my above comment, but I applaud you for just comming out and saying it. Although he is but 18, and well everyone has flights of fancy. Lets just say I'll be very surprise if this machine exists spring of 08.

;)

I left a few things out, I am going to be using a crushed DSM 1g BOV which I am getting from kep91tsi. In addition, I will be using an adjustable cam pulley to retard the cam 4 degrees, maybe a little more.

And for the love of god, someone buy the MR2 in my driveway....

'Put the cat back in the bag, and throw it in a lake.'

Scared?