Might as well let the cat out of the bag....

Rally Pat

Ive got that covered. Remember, I have spent numerous hours laboriously planning all of this out. A car dolly or a trailer is the only thing I haven't got under control yet.

ok, that's good. the question is how long are you willing to wait to save $40? lol

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This made me laugh Mr. Lowball lightweight getting on someone for being cheap.

thanks. :D There's a difference between lowballing and asking shit for free. And c'mon, its $40 effin dollars, you can't eat a decent dinner or fill up a car for that, seriously.

thanks. :D There's a difference between lowballing and asking shit for free. And c'mon, its $40 effin dollars, you can't eat a decent

dinner or fill up a car for that, seriously.

Which is why I usually dont eat "decent dinners" and only fill up my truck when I absolutely have too....

Few motivational videos for everyone:

2.3 FB's 10.88 Pass, using a setup close to what mine will be, but he has a much more aggressive cam.

http://www.eville140.com/video/1088.wmv

John Huber's 9 sec mustang

And the "Ill never attempt this in a million years" video, a TT Volvo DOHC head Ford 2.3

Bill, here is a video of a stock motor in a Merkur.

They all look pretty much the same, except the Thunderbird Turbocoupe had a small intercooler between the turbo outlet and the intake mani, which replaced the hose in the above video.

Also the valve covers differed slightly.

Do you really want to spend countless hours on this swap just to find out it has a spun rod bearing and thats why it was in the junkyard to begin with?

If you knew these 2.3T's like the back of your hand you'd know that rebuilding these engines is SIMPLE!!! and Cheap! Spun bearing...pfffft, that's an easy fix. Tearing it completely down to have it hot tanked takes (me) 45 minutes. But I know the 2.3T's like the back of my hand. ;)

For all you's reference. The 2.3 has been the same block since the Pinto had it. Some minor changes have taken places though for various reasons. The nice fact about this is that you can take a 2.3 out of a Ranger and create a 2.3T with it VERY SIMPLY. Literally all you have to do is find some 2.3T forged pistons and swap them into the block. You now have a 2.3T short block. From here you can either use the Ranger head/intake/accessories, or find a Turbo head/intake and use them.

There are some other things you have to do but that generally gets you what you need.

Megaman, remember you can always PM me with specific questions, sorry I can't help you find a 2.3T as I'm in Utah, but remember if it comes down to it you can use a ranger block.

For the most part, I don't plan on rebuilding whatever I find in the junkyard. However, the head will be removed from the bottom end for work, and a Ford Motorsports head gasket will be installed.

If I had to rebuild the bottom end, It wouldn't take any time at all, and if it comes to me having to build my own 2.3t shortblock, I am willing to pursue that also.

Edit: and Matt, I am sure that when I get my engine, the PM's will start flying :) . I have an engine stand ready to go.

Through U-Haul, a 1 way tow dolly is $98.00, not $40. Dont know where you pulled that amount from...

is that dolly GOLD plated. I can get them all day long at the UHAUL STORE in lancaster for $50.00. Make sure you go to a UHAUL Store not a guy with a UHAUL trailer in his front yard.