Lets poll whats streetable?

wnaplay1647545503

i got pulled over for my car on high street "too loud" he says and apparently nawwws is not street approved lol

streetable and leagle are 2 diff things

my car gets 10 mpg runs xx.xx's and has two seats registerd and insured

and i dont know why it matters what kind of gas your running if you pay 5 bucks a gallon then fine

people put to much stock in the fuel people use its cuz either they dont know or their car requires it

To me "streetable" means pump gas, reasonable fuel economy, you can carry on a conversation while driving without too much problem, and you are not harassed by Johnny Law at every opportunity.

There is a difference, to me, between "streetable" and "can you drive it on the street". I have always viewed "streetable" as would the car function well as a daily driver. If it takes something other than pump gas it would not function well as a daily. Same goes for economy - while it is all relative a car that gets 2 MPG is not going to work well as a dail so, TO ME, it would not be "streetable".

There is a difference between daily driver and weekend crusier.

IMO, a street car should have full/near full interior, all functioning lights, be able to handle stop-and-go traffic and highway travel without overheating, and hold enough fuel to make it a reasonable enough distance somewhere.

Heat: who cares if it isn't cold out. A/C: some stock cars don't even come with it, and they are still street cars. Fuel type: a bit iffy, but it you can afford a full tank of race fuel, more power to you.

Just because a car isn't very daily driver friendly means NOTHING about it being a street car.

Streetability is actually left up the the driver. If they think it feels fine enough to drive around then its streetable.

Now a "street car" is different....

Can you pass an emissions test?

Can you get gas at a gas station (yes 112 can be picked up at the pump but its for "off-road use only"!)

Can you drive it in the rain? Not all places have snow, but everyone has rain from time to time.

Do you have any mods on your car that say not for use within city limits or for off-road use only?

I personally do not have a street car, I have a race car... but it's still streetable.

My car could double as a daily if needed, in any weather condition with the power adder and street tires. I also retain all creature comforts equipped from the factory and use regular pump gas, and driveability is excellent.

That's a full street car.

True, but what out LEGAL car?

The lack of certain emissions devices !

OFF ROAD USE ONLY!

;)

IMO..it can be a pro stock car, if it has working lights, dot slicks and is somewhat quiet (what i consider quiet, is way off from what anybody else calls quiet)...has tags..Its streetable!

I think my car is on the edge of being a true streetable car. I had no problem using it for a month as my daily while my wifes car was in the body shop this summer. I do trailer my car to the track more times than not. The reason for that is its a pain to change tires at the track it is a much calmer experience for me trailering. I decided to buy the trailer after driving 400 miles each way to race in bowling green kentucky. Loading the slicks and skinnies all my tools 4 nitrous bottles and clothes for a weekend. Unloading and changing tires all my shit strung out all over and it was 95 degree's out. Two weeks later i owned a trailer. So i think a car that can drive 400 miles one way nonstop other than gas stops is pretty streetable. Now my personel preference includes air conditioning and the stereo and retaining the overdrive trans to be "streetable". When you see a turbo 400 in my car it will be gutted with a motor plate no heater/ac and weigh about 600# less than it does now with a certified chassis. It would be at that point that it would still qualify as a "street car" but it would not be what "I" call streetable.

DOT tires

seat belts

high/low beams, indicators, at least two functioning brake lights

wind screen

registared and insured

meets bumper hight standards for state

exhaust exits behind the diver

Not much else to it... anyhting else is a compermise by the owner that he/she is wiling to give up.

Streetable to me means I can drive the car on the street and the engine isn't going to blow up. That's pretty much it for me. Meaning, I can drive it up to the local hang outs on Friday/Saturday night and drive it home.

As far as trailering the cars the track. I do it as often as possible and both my cars are perfectly streetable. I choose to do this as to not add unwanted miles on the cars and if something were to break, I'd have a way to get the cars home.

Jason

Guest GotTorque?
IMO, a street car should have full/near full interior, all functioning lights, be able to handle stop-and-go traffic and highway travel without overheating, and hold enough fuel to make it a reasonable enough distance somewhere.

Add registered and insured, and I agree with this definition. My Mustang is streetable.

Nitrousbird--IMO, a street car should have full/near full interior, all functioning lights, be able to handle stop-and-go traffic and highway travel without overheating, and hold enough fuel to make it a reasonable enough distance somewhere.

Add registered and insured, and I agree with this definition. My Mustang is streetable.

Both of these and add be able to reasonably be next to a cop and not get pulled over and I agree.