Would you work Sundays?

RUTAN TA1647545492

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I work at NTB part-time for school. I dont work sundays becuase If I need to go home then I have a day to do it. I would not give up a 8-5 m-f job. Unless the work environment is horrible. Are you planning to be a sales guy or tech. There is money to be made at NTB but you have to sell your ass off if your a sales guy. I see techs making $250-$300 in commison in one day sometimes. If your slow then your pay check is not so nice. Did they offer you a fall back on your weekly pay?

I am a 21% tech there now and make decent money,but a move to management would mean I wouldnt have to buy tools and would stay clean also.

21% thats pretty good. I dont know of anyone more than 18% at my store. I guess working a sunday could be better than a saturday becuase sunday is shorter. Saturday is supposed to be the money day though.

I wont be working on cars anymore

I say do it. Get the money, and work your way into a better schedule later on. Plus a Friday or Wednesday off can be used to make some extra money dyno tuning while the dyno's are open.

good point,I have an chance to take over a garage in Grove City with my cousin John Rutan also. Im thinking of doing both

.... i dont have a choice to or not work sundays... its called fucked weekends.. they lock us into the building friday at 6 until the copy over or update is finnished and tested.. then we can leave...

but for 15k more a year.. id def do it

I heart John Rutans :D

Get a room already ;)

John I heard about the promotion, congrads my friend. I think its an excellent move for you for many reasons. Working Sundays would suck but think about the bigger picture. No more shit dripping in your face, your cutting out a decent amount of your income that goes to the snap-on guy, its a move to management which could lead to bigger career moves if it goes well, its more money.....the list goes on.

If you are in sales like me sundays are usually big money days or big appointment setting days because a lot of people are looking to shop and a lot of people like fixing/driving/talking cars on sundays.

That's in-between football and beer though.