QSL is officially done, i think...

Rally Pat

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mods seriously, you aren't going to be able to keep a spot around anykind of residential or business at all with the type of activity we do. doesn't matter how you try to act its not going to happen. Hooters on main will not work at all, as soon as you start meeting regularly outside the cops will kick you out. I'm just saying put all of your efforts into a place with a little bit of lasting ability, a few months was not worth it, Hell we had the geero's/krogers spots for what 2 almost 3 years. And we aren't going to be able to have a spot forever bottom line

mods seriously, you aren't going to be able to keep a spot around anykind of residential or business at all with the type of activity we do. doesn't matter how you try to act its not going to happen. Hooters on main will not work at all, as soon as you start meeting regularly outside the cops will kick you out. I'm just saying put all of your efforts into a place with a little bit of lasting ability, a few months was not worth it, Hell we had the geero's/krogers spots for what 2 almost 3 years. And we aren't going to be able to have a spot forever bottom line

I agree, this is why we need more than one spot. Our cars are too loud, we attract the wrong type of crowd, and people think about us in a negative light no matter how we act. What pissed me off about QS&L is that the GM said we wouldnt be treated like that, then the very first day I got kicked out (along with Hal) of the very meet we set up. From there I know I've had about 7 conversations with police officers, 20 with management, and the end result is that we were treated like crap. The only way to avoid this is to move constantly... its sad, but very true.

do what we do up here......

by a shop in an industrial area...... meet up there.... cops cant do shit if the owner is there and allows it.. its industrial.. no noise ordinence(at least up hear)...the cool thing is we have a nice, brand new..just a shade short of a mile asphalt road... cops know what we do and dont do shit as long as we keep it towards the dead end by the shop.

...just an idea.

do what we do up here......

by a shop in an industrial area...... meet up there.... cops cant do shit if the owner is there and allows it.. its industrial.. no noise ordinence(at least up hear)...the cool thing is we have a nice, brand new..just a shade short of a mile asphalt road... cops know what we do and dont do shit as long as we keep it towards the dead end by the shop.

...just an idea.

The problem with that is that the owner of the shop has to be there everytime there is a meet. Having a written document with permission helps, but doesn't always seem to work. So if there is a night when everyone wants to meet up and the owner can't be there, you could have potential problems. As I remember, up near Cleveland when we had Kinko's management give us permission to use their lot, we still had cops come in. Some bothered us, others just wanted to check out the cars. It's all about the right combination of attitude towards law enforcement, and keeping the ricers out. Or at least tell them to quit screwing around :rolleyes:

If you guys do end up with some new meeting places soon, I'd love to come out and check out everyone's cars. I won't be partaking in any racing, but I still like to hang out and meet new people.

The problem with that is that the owner of the shop has to be there everytime there is a meet. Having a written document with permission helps, but doesn't always seem to work. So if there is a night when everyone wants to meet up and the owner can't be there, you could have potential problems. As I remember, up near Cleveland when we had Kinko's management give us permission to use their lot, we still had cops come in. Some bothered us, others just wanted to check out the cars. It's all about the right combination of attitude towards law enforcement, and keeping the ricers out. Or at least tell them to quit screwing around :rolleyes:

If you guys do end up with some new meeting places soon, I'd love to come out and check out everyone's cars. I won't be partaking in any racing, but I still like to hang out and meet new people.

dude.. u showed up to kinkos like twice... we moved form kinkos to sheetz.. then to birds shop.... now out to willoughby BK.

but the kinkos thing we never had there permission... we jsut figured they didnt care.. untill some reject in a cavy decides hes sweet and does a made burnout and gets us booted..... and besides kinkos=suby convention ne ways... glad we got booted.

dude.. u showed up to kinkos like twice... we moved form kinkos to sheetz.. then to birds shop.... now out to willoughby BK.

but the kinkos thing we never had there permission... we jsut figured they didnt care.. untill some reject in a cavy decides hes sweet and does a made burnout and gets us booted..... and besides kinkos=suby convention ne ways... glad we got booted.

Well someone lied to me then :confused:

Hey you super rich guys that are on here. Find a spot right in the middle of the city and name it Columbus Racing and Ribs! I'd eat there :p

As long as we got boneless wings I'm down. Shit I will even eat drummies.

We should get a phone net going for invites on fridays I am so sick of ricers.

Go fuck yourself. You didnt lift a damn finger to help with anything, and you have no clue what happened behind the scenes to make it so people could actually stay there for the entire summer. How many hours did you spend on the phone with them. How many afternoons did you wast talking to the general manager. I can say "efff em" because I DID 85% OF THE WORK YOU IDIOT. And a ricer mentality is based on ignorance. So you are now officially an ignorant ricer.

By the way I even made the fucking decals. Hopefully I didnt waste one on you.

Dude and we appreciate it. They have lost a chunk of money for sure, I know I spent a good drop of money there. I will never eat there again unless others in a group want it bad. It is just BS.

I stopped going because I got sick of the asses in the back bumpin there tunes and acting a fool. I know a place that would gladly welcome CR back. When i talked to the owner last year he was willing to keep it opening longer for us to visit.

I'm not saying the place but old skewlers will know where I'm talking about.

Just a lil info, I was kicked out within 2 mins at the first meet. I showed up early to make sure everything was being setup right. When I got there I was not in my car, I was in my girl's car (mine was shredding belts). I was told by the pitcrew guy that I couldn't park there because I didn't have a "hot" car. I was told neither my CR sticker, nor anything we setup with the managers, mattered. It wasn't until I went home, got my fucked up car, and came back that was I allowed to park where we had designated.

Same thing happened with DangerRanger. I didn't have a CR sticker yet, but my car was "hot" so I was allowed to park there. Those people were idiots. At least the next few people there were nicer and a tad more courteous.

Dude and we appreciate it. They have lost a chunk of money for sure, I know I spent a good drop of money there. I will never eat there again unless others in a group want it bad. It is just BS.

I stopped going because I got sick of the asses in the back bumpin there tunes and acting a fool. I know a place that would gladly welcome CR back. When i talked to the owner last year he was willing to keep it opening longer for us to visit.

I'm not saying the place but old skewlers will know where I'm talking about.

Thanks. I talked to wnaplay and we are cool. I thought he was someone else thats why I went off so bad. If I would have realized who it was my response wouldnt have been as evil. He was just trying to say that I needed to be more positive. I am usually the one that preaches being positive, and he's right... but that was the last straw for me. We appreciate them letting us use their lot, but....

Ideas-

I can send the location of the meet via text to everyone the day of the meet.

We all pay a small fee to rent a fenced in parking lot from a business owner after hours (in an industrial area). This is more of a club thing... I thought about it after a pm wnaplay sent me, and reading Farleys post. This would garauntee no ricers, and since the business is being paid for the space we dont have to worry about as much disrespect.

We find a place like white castle on west broad that doesnt care if we hang out there. Then we use it until it gets filled with ricers and move to the next spot.

Randy's idea....

--The text thing is cool, but you want that many people on your personal phone? Or get another phone that is funded by CR people who want in on it?

--Bouncing around all the time will suck and just piss people off like "oh we have to move b/c of the ricers again".

--Or hell do somthing like this

Start a "Active Participation" room on CR for the Fri/Sat evening meets or whatever you want to call it. Have Brian, Hal, and Nick run it. They choose who is allowed into said room almost like the senior members section.

For those who haven't been able to come out regularly, or have had a car down, or live far away etc....we could keep posting evening dinners/bar nights etc and participation w/ those gets you access to the private meet room.

That way it is not 100% exclusive and it encourages people to come to the smaller "hey lets all eat and talk it up" meets, before going to the car meets at night where it is difficult for some to approach people they don't know......

I say Brian, Nick, and Hal because when we were discussing this room like 4 months ago we couldn't decide who would be in charge of deciding. Well, based on this last endeavor i think that it is clear who took charge of these meets.

Just typing my mind.....comments? criticisms?

--The text thing is cool, but you want that many people on your personal phone? Or get another phone that is funded by CR people who want in on it?

Sean, I dont think you get it, you can send text messages THROUGH EMAIL.

This sucks to loose this spot after all the work. Its also good though because the cops are use to people being there acting like idiots. I have always said lets try the west side. The old toyr r us at 270 and west broad is the place of my choice. No one will go over to the west side though. I dont know why but to me it seems like a better place to race. The area up north in polaris is to developed and filled with wealthy people and family's. Which makes it easier to get caught and kicked out of a meet up spot becuase they wont deal with all the loud cars and people be idiots. The west however is the opposite, almost. Its not a dump by any means, but I dont think loud cars will bother people as much on the west side. Theres also a ton of side roads for digs out towards west jeff and 270 is also good for rolls. Its just an idea for brainstorming up some locations to meet.