If you have an Xbox 360..

Draco-REX

You have got to get PGR4.

I figured it'd be like the other three. A fun diversion, but not enough to really hold my interest...

But I was wrong. Not only did they tweak the system so it's more rewarding and fun, but I was amazed by the weather. Yeah, we've seen rain and snow before. And yeah, grip goes down on rainy courses. And the lightning is fun and can startle you out of a good line. But what really blew my mind happened about midway through career mode...

I finally was racing the class c cars so I got to take the BMW M1 out for a spin. It's raining, and I have to do a speed run. Third corner in, I let off the gas to to turn in and the car just goes straight. I'm thinking, "Damn, this M1 understeers like crazy when you lift." So I restart and try it again, same thing. ANother restart and I'm watching the road carefully. Standing Water! I was hydroplaning! There's standing water on the tracks when it rains. You have to remember where they are, because some can upset your car as you etner a turn, or pull you off line when you're hauling down a straight at WOT.

This is awesome. If GT5 or Forza 3 don't have weather effects like this, I'll be very disappointed.

Oh another high point for me: Throwing a 22B sideways through the corners of Shanghai at night in the rain.

Worst game ever, I can't stand it. I can't enjoy the weather and other stuff with such a stupid and annoying career mode....it's a shame as they fixed the soundtrack complaints, lot more cars, the weather effects, and online play, but they ruined the career mode with a rediculous system.

Worst game ever, I can't stand it. I can't enjoy the weather and other stuff with such a stupid and annoying career mode....it's a shame as they fixed the soundtrack complaints, lot more cars, the weather effects, and online play, but they ruined the career mode with a rediculous system.

I thought I read you liked it in another thread?

I just picked this game up at the store the other day and put it back down after I thought "Hmm, it's probably the same game as the last 3."

I'm loving it. Being unable to go back to a race and ace it is a bit annoying, but it's interesting. Just gotta be fast on the start button to restart the race.

btw, BMW M1 is awesome.

So far my favorite cars are Subaru 22B, TVR Sagaris, BMW M1.

The demo is available now. I have always been a fan. I just wish they would make the cars modable. I think if they were to do that they could make the most realistic game ever!

I think Forza 2 is already there. Just needs weather effects like this.

Forza is ok, but I like the feel of gotham a lot more.

I feel you on that...I've only played the demo for Forza 2, but PGR4 is just fun to play without thinking too much, but each car has a different feel to it.

The weather effects are the most photo-realistic I've seen in any game; but that's just my observation. Just download the demo and form your own opinion on the matter, or borrow either for a more thorough feel for each.

Peace

I thought I read you liked it in another thread?

I just picked this game up at the store the other day and put it back down after I thought "Hmm, it's probably the same game as the last 3."

That was my initial impression only about 20 mins in the game before I realized how shitty the career mode is, shame as I like everything else about the game but the career mode is so damn frustrating.

That was my initial impression only about 20 mins in the game before I realized how shitty the career mode is, shame as I like everything else about the game but the career mode is so damn frustrating.

Out of curiosity, what don't you like about the career mode?

So how are the bikes in the game, as far as like realism and all that?

I really have nothing to compare them to. But the cool thing is that you earn kudos differently than in a car. You can stunt on the bikes for kudos and if you're feeling cocky you can taunt the other racers. ;)

PGR has never really been about realism, but more about arcade racing that isn't so far gone as to be undriveable *coughridgeracercough*.

I've tried the other PGRs, but usually after the first day or so, I get bored with them. PGR4 on the other hand will probably see quite a bit of play time on my 360.

Microsoft really needs to sponsor the X-Games and get a real world PGR competition going. :D

Out of curiosity, what don't you like about the career mode?

It's way too narrow, you can only do the 1 event available for that day and if you don't win it you can't try it over for another whole season. I just don't like that at all, in PGR3 you could pick from several events and not have to wait to try it again.

The garage, what's the purpose of it?? You can't do anything with it, there's no point to it with not really "owning" any cars. Also no matter what cars you supposedly "buy" you can't use most of them in most races, PGR3 you could.

It's way too narrow, you can only do the 1 event available for that day and if you don't win it you can't try it over for another whole season. I just don't like that at all, in PGR3 you could pick from several events and not have to wait to try it again.

The garage, what's the purpose of it?? You can't do anything with it, there's no point to it with not really "owning" any cars. Also no matter what cars you supposedly "buy" you can't use most of them in most races, PGR3 you could.

I agree that it sucks that you can't go back and redo a race. That irks me, but it does make me concentrate more. I agree that the garage is just a gimmick. But what I like is that the choice of cars is limited for a particular race. It gives more of a feeling that you're progressing. In PGR3 you could start the game with an Atom! And all the other cars scaled with whatever you had so there wasn't much fun in going for the better cars. Best to stick with the cars that you drove well. I'm not expecting PGR to be another Forza. It's a totally different game.