bikes running rough

wnaplay1647545503

I have a 98 cbr 900rr bike and it recently started running rough about 1/2 way through my 20 min ride to work. It has done this several times now. I replaced the plugs last night hoping to fix the problem, but it did it again this morning and on the way home. It starts out just fine, however around 10mins of riding, it feels short on power, sputtering through the exhaust and just running rough. It definately sounds rough however it does feel like it still has decent power when I hit it. Any suggestions? More history, I bought the bike this year wrecked. Repaired it and rode it without any issue until now.

If the plugs looked to be in reasonable shape, I would suspect a fuel system issue. Does the issue seem isolated to one cylinder or across cylinders? Also, since it starts out fine and then starts to happen after warmup, could the choke system be malfunctioning?

Just thoughts. I am by no means an expert on bikes. However, having an older bike like mine means that these types of things happen and I have to learn by doing!

I would check the ignition system before you mess with the carbs. I have seen also of cars where it runs great until the coil or coils heat up then start to break up. Heat is the second largest killer of electronic behind dirty power.

I would check the ignition system before you mess with the carbs. I have seen also of cars where it runs great until the coil or coils heat up then start to break up. Heat is the second largest killer of electronic behind dirty power.

What exactly are you suggesting I look at?