Rolla's Place

Guest cargirl2007

Guest cargirl2007

look, I didn't mean for you to flip out, I only posted because I know that she doesn't often stand up for herself when she thinks it might hurt someone's feelings. she told me about it weeks ago and about how she was worried something had happened since it didn't seem like you to disappear and go so long without acknowledging messages.

I am sorry you are having a rough time in your personal life, but I know that she had to pick up additional shifts because she had to be able to have someone else take care of some car things for her. (I know she doesn't have a CD player since I was in her car the other day, but she already took care of the fan and is having someone check the starting problem because the fuel pump did not fix anything. after over 4 weeks, she didn't think it made any sense to be driving across the state so she took care of them by someone else. it's why she kept leaving messages asking for her money back and why she talked to a lawyer about it before sending the certified mail once it hit 6 weeks of no response.

I don't know you so I don't know what else to say except that I know she feels horribly even though she's the one who paid for things to be done that weren't and I know she is hoping the money is returned so she does not have to file a case in court over it.

I hope this all gets resolved since I know she is a good person and the people on here say you are too.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cargirl2007
also, whatever you mean about wipers, I don't know, she never mentioned that, but when we were out the other day and it was raining, they were on, so I guess she got that fixed too.

yes, she went up twice but he wasn't there either time (he's the only one who works there). she's a full-time student and works 2 jobs, plus volunteer work so she doesn't have a lot of free time, but she left notes on the door both times she went. she's also left voicemails almost daily now that it's been so long, sent text and myspace messages, and a certified letter.

Not sure what's going on with him but I feel badly for her since she works so hard for her money and really can't afford to buy holiday gifts and stuff without this money back since she's going to have to pay someone else to get her car taken care of. :(

ha i just read this i read the first few posts and then responded. there has never once again never once has there been a note attached to my door or to the door of buckeye auto service( shop next door) texts and phone calls yes but no notes. some people have a real hard time understanding this so i will type it out so it can be understood

I WORK AS A TRUCK DRIVER PRIMARY EMPLOYMENT THEN......................................................................................................... I WORK AT MY SHOP SECONDARY EMPLOYMENT. i am also a one man show..

as for filing charges she can do what ever she feels she needs to do. i have the old pump still and the proof of payment for the new one.( i still have it because i am to lazy to pitch it in the trash.i might be tricky at times but no david copperfield no magic poof and an extra pump. would sure be nice though.

Guest cargirl2007

this comes from me, as a friend (so it's not mistakenly said "client" opinion) but if you are too busy to do the work, why would you take the money?

she's only ever said good things about you until very recently and I know she's sent her friends and family to you, which is why she was okay with paying in advance and giving it an extra week. she said you've talked while you worked so I'm sure you know she is a college student and works 2-3 jobs. in other words, you must have known that she doesn't have money to throw around, yet you kept the money and, busy as you might be, you haven't even responded to a call to explain why you haven't had time to do the work you agreed to do.

for over a month people were urging her to do something but she was so convinced something was horribly wrong, that you were in the hospital or something, because she couldn't believe you would just ignore all of the attempts to contact you. now though, after seeing that you're on the computer, that you've been on the message boards, it's tough to believe you couldn't find half a minute to send a text or a myspace message to her.

Like I said, I am sorry you are having a tough time, but I hope you understand where I come from as a friend and why she is so upset. I'll let her know she should expect to hear from you soon and hopefully that will ease her mind a little until you call.

radio and fan are both at my shop as i said in the above post. do me a favor before you post anything else call germain chevy in the morning and speak to the parts dept, get a price on a fuel pump module ( yes module that is what gm calls them because it has the pump and the fuel level sending unit all in one module) its for a 97 chevy caviler with a 2.2 4cly engine ( 2.2 may be wrong but her car has the base model engine smallest one avalible) once you get the price on that pump then we will talk.

BTW i was no where near flipping out, if i flipped out trust me you would know

what part of i have the old part do you not understand? she sat right there and watched my install the pump. the pump was almost 500.00 i charged her 1.5 hours labor at 58.00 an hour 87 bucks. i have never charged her full price for anything due to the fact she is in school. just go price the pump. i am tired you are both right i am wrong.

hey to all members of cr i ripped every single one of you off. TRUE STORY!!! please do the right thing and band togather and file suit. sorry to you all

Guest cargirl2007

Like I said, I spoke above for myself, not for her (I'm sure she's long asleep by now!). I'm going on what I was told and it's my understanding that you told her she needed the pump to correct a problem when the car starts, but the pump did not stop the problem at all. I'm not sure how it all works with the law, but I know she wrote on her check that the payment was for parts and labor for all 4 things to be done (she's always super specific on checks) and only one got done, and that was either not what needed to be done or there's another reason it didn't fix the problem.

I don't know what you have in your office or whatnot, I will send her your message and let her deal with it. All I know is that I posted here and within hours you responded but she's been sending you messages for over six weeks and got nothing. Even if you're completely in the right about everything else, I hope you realize how rude that is.

Also, as mad at me as you clearly are, I hope you also know that she spent weeks telling her friends that she was just going to keep trying to reach you, that she wasn't taking our advice to deal with court or to even ask for money back for the work you didn't do because she was sure there must have been some life-altering thing going on in your life that you would ignore her for so long. She's given you the benefit of the doubt the whole time.

look you clearly have no reason to be here other than to bad mouth me. become a worty contributing member or leave. the only reason that i even was on here tonight was to send a few pm's out ( something you should have done in the first place) it is also clear that you choose not to read the rules here. oh if you think that i am that MAD why am i still typing? if i was clearly that mad this keyboard would be broke into little pieces. becides i love people like you so i clearly could not be mad at lil ol you.

Guest cargirl2007

the issue is clearly over from my standpoint... I do hope he understands my friend's frustration and why she might wonder if he disappeared on her.

I hope that they get it worked out ASAP and that the lesson is learned not to take someone's money if you don't have the time to do the work.

Everyone enjoy your evening, I'm going to go read previous posts about vehicles like mine and try to learn some things!

the issue is clearly over from my standpoint... I do hope he understands my friend's frustration and why she might wonder if he disappeared on her.

I hope that they get it worked out ASAP and that the lesson is learned not to take someone's money if you don't have the time to do the work.

Everyone enjoy your evening, I'm going to go read previous posts about vehicles like mine and try to learn some things!

Wow I feel like your talking to everyone else again. This is similar to a situation I had. Until you own a business you wont understand. That being said, let your freind deal with it. Not you.

I recommend deleting this whole thread.

hey to all members of cr i ripped every single one of you off. TRUE STORY!!! please do the right thing and band togather and file suit. sorry to you all

You sure did, especially that part where you got me a new windshield, I was totally in love with the old one!

Here are some facts about Rolla and his shop:

-He does side work, therefore his work will always take longer than a regular shop.

-He does high quality work, therefore his shop will take longer than other shops.

This isn't a case of "You get what you pay for", because you're still getting more.

My Car took a solid month and a half longer than I thought it would, but I would not have gotten that quality of work anywhere else unless I paid 4 times the price. I wasn't in the least bit frustrated, and I'm still greatful.

I live about 130mi away now, and I'd still drag my ass up there for his buisness. He's even got a freindly dog.

Here is something I would love to teach you.... dont talk shit about people and their business! I get the whole I'm just trying to help my friend out and stuff how about tell her to be a big girl and do it her self. And even better not broadcast it all over a website when really you dont even have the actual facts about the situation. just my .02.

erok you leave charisma out of this, that is my bitch.

Of all the times I've been over to rolla's and watch him work on my and other people's stuff I'll keep taking my shit there, even with the sketchy "my friend got ripped off" line. All this really has done is make me distrustful of this cargirl person

It kills me to read this.

Rolla has done nothing but great work for me and numerous others on on here for YEARS. You assume something isn't going your way and come onto a board where he is well known and respected, and try and start shit? Guess what Rolla is one guy, an individual and is HUMAN and stuff may be delayed due to the fact that he is not a robot. Resorting to this is just BS, and not a great way to start your trip on CR.

:(

Guest cargirl2007

All I know is this:

1. she paid for work over SIX WEEKS ago that was to be done 2 days after she paid. Not only did he not do it, he couldn't even bother to take a minute to return her calls/texts/emails. She's one of the most patient people I know, I'd bet money that if he'd let her know he hadn't forgotten about her and was just super busy, she'd have been fine with waiting. It's the ignoring part that made it appear he took off with her money.

2. After that long with not one returned message, I posted here and got a response within hours. Maybe it appears I shouldn't have posted here, but it at least got him to respond when he hadn't for so long before.

3. she has always said that he must have had some reason because he didn't at all seem the type to do something awful like it appeared. because she agrees with all of you and respects his work, she has just kept calling and hoping he'd resurface. I just got sick of watching her call and wait and of her having this on her already-full plate.

4. at the end of it all, the point is merely that if someone does not have the time to do the work, they shouldn't accept the money for it and say that it would be done within a few days. Can you imagine that would work anywhere? That's like paying for groceries and being told you can't come get them until the store calls you. It'd never work.

As I said, I'm done with this, I hope he calls her like he said he will and that this gets taken care of because she's always held out hope he'd make good. If he ends up getting 90 days though? I'd hope he'd return her money rather than expecting her to wait almost 5 total months for service.

mod: feel free to freeze this, I won't be responding any more. it seems both sides have said their pieces as have everyone else and now all that's left is to wait and see if there's follow through and the problem resolves.

Rolla... you da man... Every time i go to his shop he is there??? Never had a problem with him or his work... he has helped me a lot... He goes way beyond his way to give you a friendly advise also... By the way... i need to bring you my darn procharger bracket so you can fix it... GREAT GUY...

As I said, I'm done with this

Should have never started. If your freind was really that pissed, she'd be here and not you. "I'm just watchin out for mah guuurl!", well you're not listening to her, and you're not doing her any favors. I don't imagine you have any idea what it's like to have real responcebilities, and issues of grave importance 24/7. He does side work, at a higher quality and cheaper price than anyhere else in town, meaning that it is a favor. To quote Brick Top Pulford: "If I give a dog a bone, I don't wanna hear if it tastes good or not".

Rolla would never say it, nor would he think it, so I'm doing it for him.

Please register any complaints with the Customer service department, or go spend tripple the cash somewhere else.

Rolla is a stand up guy. Working for a small business i know how innocent school girls work. Trying to get something extra when what was done does not fix there problem. From what i read he replaced pump which is what he was supposed to do. End of story stop whining.

Thanks for the tires rolla ill do business with you in a heart beat.

Good luck with your child support.

car girl all of your thoughts, and he said, she said, comments about rolla are going to fall on deaf ears cuz we (if you cant tell) love rolla.

You have done nothing but make yourself look like a bitch and im just saying this as i care about my friend so that makes it ok.

if you have proof you would want to post it and since she did go to a lawyer if it does go to court im sure thease pages of you bashing him will be admisable. Maybe you should have thought about posting until after the court case

well i dont know what to say, except today has been one great thing after another. no jail time i am paid in full and then to come home early ( have not been able to do that in a long while) then read all of these posts. all i can say is wow i am glad tthat i have this kind of support from all of you that posted. i am truly thankfull. back to the issue at hand. as said and also read by a few others, no cash and dash by me. the pump was replaced money was taken early to pay for the pump, i didnt at the time have 400.00 extra cover the cost of the pump ( had to order in, nonstockimg item) so 2 days later pump arrives car arrives and the pump was replaced. end of story. like i said before i will be in contact with kriss the begining of the week since i didnt do any time.

All I know is this:

mod: feel free to freeze this, I won't be responding any more. it seems both sides have said their pieces as have everyone else and now all that's left is to wait and see if there's follow through and the problem resolves.

When did your friend post? You did say both sides. Or did you mean the 3rd party who tends to get stuff confused in translation?