best way to stop smoking

88lx5oh

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a girl that quit cold turkey and whenever she had a craving, she'd eat Lifesaver mints. She also put the money she spent weekly on cigarettes into a big jar because you begin to see the progress of what you're saving and it motivated her more.

If it is really that hard on your pockets, roll your own.

I smoke a pack a day. I went to the gas station, bought a fresh pack, bought a bag of tobacco, and some papers, and I roll my cigarettes too. I'll have the Reds sitting around for 2 days now compared to one. And the bag of tobacco lasts quite a while too.

Guest Drew The Pirate

should've gone to the "Bodies" exhibit at Easton- they had the lungs of an actual smoker sitting out right by a big, clear plastic container. Just seeing the lungs made people throw their cigs into the container.

They probably all regretted it later though.

If it is really that hard on your pockets, roll your own.

I smoke a pack a day. I went to the gas station, bought a fresh pack, bought a bag of tobacco, and some papers, and I roll my cigarettes too. I'll have the Reds sitting around for 2 days now compared to one. And the bag of tobacco lasts quite a while too.

A pack a day at 17 huh? awesome.

Yeah a pack a day at 17. Smoking gets at you young. Now, how many of you waited until you were 18 to start smoking? I doubt many of you did, I only know one person who has.

I'm 32 and still haven't started. :p

You started because you thought you looked cool. Jokes on you.

I didnt start cause I thought I looked cool. I grew up around my mom smoking and I wondered what it was like. I liked it when I tried it and that is that. I was saying, those of you who DO smoke, probably did not start when you were 18. Now I'm not saying my mom smoking made me start, but it was a factor.

Anyway, when I tried and horribly failed at it, I tried replacing cigarettes with suckers and such.

I had a friend who just quit, but he was a major ass for a month until your body is used to not getting the nicotine. It is very hard, you will start shaking, you will be a dick a lot of the time and you will piss people off.

Good luck in your attempt.

I quit. I just stopped but I was a real asshole for about a month.

you have to identify the triggers, do you smoke after you eat? do you smoke right when you jump in the car?

This is exactly hoe i quit. I found out my habbit was based off other triggers, just quit one trigger at a time, like qquit smoking in your car, then after that is gone, quit after you eat, then quit when you wake up, then before bed, quit the reward cig, the on break cig, off work cig, while drinking cig, then your done.

Step 1) buy a bag of tobacco and roll your own

Step 2) start lowering the tobacco content in your cig and replace it with weed

Step 3) use almost no tobacco and almost all weed in your cig

Step 4) use no tobacco and all weed

Step 5) stop smoking weed

It works. A lot easier to stop smoking weed then tobacco.

Step 1) buy a bag of tobacco and roll your own

Step 2) start lowering the tobacco content in your cig and replace it with weed

Step 3) use almost no tobacco and almost all weed in your cig

Step 4) use no tobacco and all weed

Step 5) stop smoking weed

It works. A lot easier to stop smoking weed then tobacco.

I think I just figured out what is wrong with you...

This is exactly hoe i quit. I found out my habbit was based off other triggers, just quit one trigger at a time, like qquit smoking in your car, then after that is gone, quit after you eat, then quit when you wake up, then before bed, quit the reward cig, the on break cig, off work cig, while drinking cig, then your done.

That is pretty genius IMO, for quitters.