Question about fighting speeding ticket

6 Speed S4

It was the old dude with the suv right. I knew him pretty well from bobs evans when i worked there he would come in alot. He also ticketed my buddy for putting his car over a curb but filled the shit out wrong so he got it dismissed. Your best bet to fight the ticket is the following. I do not know the actual time period however i know there is one. Cops have to pay to have the radar guns calibrated regularly, many dont. You ask for documentation saying you do not believe you were going what they said and if he didnt have it calibrated you get off. Reason i know is because florida got something like a 1.5yrs of all speeding violations thrown out because cops didnt calibrate there guns. One cops gun clocked a tree at 90mph!

It was the old dude with the suv right. I knew him pretty well from bobs evans when i worked there he would come in alot. He also ticketed my buddy for putting his car over a curb but filled the shit out wrong so he got it dismissed. Your best bet to fight the ticket is the following. I do not know the actual time period however i know there is one. Cops have to pay to have the radar guns calibrated regularly, many dont. You ask for documentation saying you do not believe you were going what they said and if he didnt have it calibrated you get off. Reason i know is because florida got something like a 1.5yrs of all speeding violations thrown out because cops didnt calibrate there guns. One cops gun clocked a tree at 90mph!

It was a crown vic. But I just paid the ticket. I don't feel like dealing with court again.

..... Your info is invalid.

it will not get thrown out just for improper calibration. There is a good chance it could be but the judge decides.

Also i dont believe they send the gun out to be calibrated. It is calibrated by them. They use a tuning fork to calibrate the gun. Now the thing with this is, that tuning fork is set to vibrate at a certain speed. Sometimes the fork is thrown in the trunk and hit on different things. It will no long vibrate at that speed anymore. The gun will be calibrated incorrectly anyway. It could only be a couple mphs if that but still it is incorrect.

Crusiers today have calibrated speedos. An officer using his speedometer to clock you can be used but will not be as accurate.

Planes are used to catch speeders as well. Only problem with that situation is it is an average speed. not a true speed.

If this was me i would of gone to court talked with the prosecutor and tried to make a deal. If it did not happen than i would of plead not guilty. The prosecutors on the first floor are fresh outta school. They usually do things by the books and do not allow deals a lot of the time. When you plead not guilty you go to a different floor. The prosecutors there are a little more understanding and just want to get this resolved. This however does go back to the judge if this is something he would allow.

Just my 2 cents.

Go to court and talk with the prosecutor. It can't hurt, you're going to pay court costs even if you waive the ticket. The prosecutor doesn't have the time to fight every ticket and a plea to a lesser charge is still a win on his portfolio. Courts are all about the money.

An officer as said before, doesn't have to show anyone the radar. Most departments have companies come to their station and certify their equipment once a year. The officer has to press a self calibration button and tuning forks once a shift to satisfy most courts.

Arguing about the tint ticket is senseless. You can correct the tint problem in thirty seconds. Good luck with what you decide, if you have the time its worth it to speak with the prosecutor.

Can't you get a prescription for tint if your eyes are sensitive to sunlight?

Yes, thats what I'm trying to do now, I really don't want to go through with removing the tint again. I had 15% tint on the celica and got a tint ticket and had to pay 120 to get the fronts re tinted. Anyone know of a cool eye doctor that can get me a prescription for tint? haha

personal experience here speaks better than anything else:

first off, they are NOT obligated to show you shit I don't think, and even if they do it doesn't matter if they clocked someone else and said it was you. I was clocked doing 80 in a situation that was physically impossible for me to be doing 80 (I was pacing the car in front of me doing 70, which I realize was still above the limit but no way I was doing 80) and there was nothing I could do in court. It sucks, yeah, but ya deal with it. As for the tint, if you have it fixed by the time you go to court, they'll toss that fine. Probably.

As for the calibration, thats not even a question. Cops are supposed to and in my experience always do calibrate their detectors at the beginning and end of every shift using precise tuning forks that correspond to specific speeds. They work perfectly and you won't win that argument.

Worst case if you can come up with something at all that is suspect and could lead to taking the case to court, you'll need to argue it with a lawyer or else you won't get anywhere.

If you show up without a lawyer, they have zero reason to take you seriously as you're no threat. If you show up with a respectable lawyer.....one that knows the prosecutors and is on good standing with them they will plea it down. Prosecutors absolutely don't want to go to court for such small things and the appearance of a lawyer means you're serious and paid money to do so and are much more likely to tie up the courts time fighting something.

I did this on a 95 in a 55 reckless op charge that I got caught with. Long story short, I knew it was BS that I was pegged for it but that doesn't mean squat and I knew arguing it with a $40k/year cop running speed enforcement wasn't going to change that. The cop was young and had lots of adrenaline and I'm sure my car and plate didn't help me on the spot.

Brought my wifes good friend who worked with her at the prosecutors office and it took him all of 5 minutes to talk with the cop and the prosecutor. I walked away with a small fine and a 2pt speed violation. In my case that was a great deal vs a 6pt hit and a hefty fine plus insure issues/costs for years to come.

personal experience here speaks better than anything else:

first off, they are NOT obligated to show you shit I don't think, and even if they do it doesn't matter if they clocked someone else and said it was you. I was clocked doing 80 in a situation that was physically impossible for me to be doing 80 (I was pacing the car in front of me doing 70, which I realize was still above the limit but no way I was doing 80) and there was nothing I could do in court. It sucks, yeah, but ya deal with it. As for the tint, if you have it fixed by the time you go to court, they'll toss that fine. Probably.

As for the calibration, thats not even a question. Cops are supposed to and in my experience always do calibrate their detectors at the beginning and end of every shift using precise tuning forks that correspond to specific speeds. They work perfectly and you won't win that argument.