Do you have a safe at home with money in it?

Buck531

I would rethink that! Not that I don't use banks, I just understand how they work and why they are around. Don't ever think you money is safe in a bank. The FDIC is a joke. They only have a few cents per dollar of deposits on hand.

Wow, I am in agreement with Rick. :)

If your money is stored in a safe you probably aren't very smart anyway. I wish more information (or correct information) was available. I also do not trust police or the FBI in cases such as this where they find cash.

Fake Edit: The last time I opened a checking account, I was told that if I made a cash withdrawal of over $5000, then my account would be flagged by the government and I would have to account for it. Awesome.

Wow, I am in agreement with Rick. :)

If your money is stored in a safe you probably aren't very smart anyway. I wish more information (or correct information) was available. I also do not trust police or the FBI in cases such as this where they find cash.

Fake Edit: The last time I opened a checking account, I was told that if I made a cash withdrawal of over $5000, then my account would be flagged by the government and I would have to account for it. Awesome.

That was your bank telling you that so that you would not argue with them. The bank will flag you, not the gov't.

The FBI is using the possession of marijuana(I'd like to think it was a very small amount, but who knows) as an excuse to take his money and they have no right to. They aren't the IRS, they should have no say in something like this saying he has to prove it he earned it, he could of easily been saving that up for 40 years for all we know. We all know there are old timers out there like him sitting on hordes of cash.

This guy is being ripped off, plain and simple.

Look at the big picture. The laws have been created in such a way as to discourage not using banks. The government has a long history of "back door" forcing the public to use banks. Think of it like this, if you don't use the banking system the government has less ability to track you. They also want your money in banks so it can be used for the purpose of fractional reserve money. The bankers can loan out $10 per $1 in deposits. This guy is holding up a huge some of potential "asset" loans out of the bankers hands.

This is mostly about the banking industry (federal reserve) legally mandating that you use the "system", or lose your money.

just like when the country started they got a loan from the bank of england. this country was started on credit

just like when the country started they got a loan from the bank of england. this country was started on credit

Credit is not a bad thing until it is abused and our country has abused this severely since 1913.

We do too, but I don't keep anywhere near $400k. $400k isn't just dumb, but suspicious to just about anyone.

He had dope, therefore they're presuming he made that $$$ pedaling the dope. I agree with the BS part, I keep a small sum of $$ and other various items in my gun safe in case I need to get the fuck out of dodge.

• 1 month later...

I'm not saying the I'm a professional banker or anything, therefore, possibly lacking all the facts, but I've got go with Rick on this one. Rick, you may want to check to be sure that doesn't automatically constitute a visit to hell for you. If it does, I'll go on the record as disagreeing with you for your sake, buddy. ;)

I've always been a bit leary when it come to banks. Something I guess I picked up growing up in the time I did. I still remember the issues we had when I was a child concerning BoA, etc. - government bailing them out, etc. and learning just what the bank does and weighing the options concerning using a bank. Guess I like to keep my money in my own pocket, so to speak.

Again, Rick has a point in that you are almost forced to use the bank. Even in this day and age, I've gone for years without the use of a bank. At all. It is not always easy, but there are quite a few things that make up for it.

I currently am not using a bank, now either. Thanks to Chases fuck up having used my SS# for someone else, I have alot of work now to clear my shit up so I can even be me again and have an account, etc. Long story. :rolleyes:

OMGZ he had pot so he's obviously a drug dealer. Lets take all of his money because of this.

Do you understand how silly this is? A few people in my family sit on money. They don't trust banks because they were alive during the depression. Regardless how the money was obtained if you have NO PROOF it was made illegally then isn't that stealing? Oh yeah the FBI can do whatever they want.

I hope they don't add me to their watch list because of the last sentence. ^_^

If I were a judge, I'd simply ask to see the money, the bills themselves.

If he's been savign for 50 years, then he'll have some 50 year old bills in there. Most bills are taken out of circulation after a decade or two, he should have a bunch of old assed moeny.

Never in a million years would I have thought that there was $400k worth of anything in that neighborhood.