electric razors?

large_x7

Hey does anybody use an electric razor? Mine broke and I need to get a new one. I had about a 10 year old Braun, but I have heard good things about the Norelco razors, too. I usually shave with a Gillette razor and just keep an electric around for emergencies (like when I run out of blades), so I don't want to spend too much money.

Yeah, I was looking for some reviews on the internet and the Brauns are generally higher rated than the rotary types. I usually shave every other day (cause 1. I'm lazy and 2. kinda baby-faced, so I can get away with it) with a blade, but it's nice to have an electric around.

Brian, you're using the wrong shaver.

I have a braun syncro. I love it. It gives me a near-gilette close shave with little or no irritation. i had a rotary norelco and it didn't even compare. It didn't shave as close and it caused me irritation.

This is the shaver i have. The old saying "you get what you pay for" applies to the electric shaver world too. I've tried Braun, Panasonic, and Norelco. Braun wins hands down.

Braun Syncro for me too, and I get so close to the same shave as using a razor without the irritation. Plus I can grab it and shave on the way into work. Razors irritate the shit out of my neck so I dont have much of a choice. I've never used a Fusion but I hear they are kick ass.

Braun Synchro for me as well. The only time it doesn't get me blade-smooth is if I'm in a rush. Norelco cuts the crap out of me and causes in-growns, which I then have to use a blade to expose and pull out (causing yet more bleeding).

I have a Panasonic I bought @ the Best Buy Black Friday sale. I used it for part of my face one time, and that's how I discovered I am not an electric shaver kind of person (I'll stick with my Fusion Power).

$20 and it's yours. Used once and thoroughly cleaned; been sitting on a shelf for almost 2 months.

I have a Panasonic I bought @ the Best Buy Black Friday sale. I used it for part of my face one time, and that's how I discovered I am not an electric shaver kind of person (I'll stick with my Fusion Power).

$20 and it's yours. Used once and thoroughly cleaned; been sitting on a shelf for almost 2 months.

You didn't read what I typed. The panasonic shavers suck. Braun>*

Anybody else find the old Mach 3 to still work better than the Fusion? I had the Fusion for about a year, but after switching back to my M3, I realized it still does much better, atleast for me.

i tried the fusion for a while, but i found i always knicked my face while shaving. my skin was always irritated. i switched back to the m3 and it's much better now.

i got an electric razor for xmas.... hate it.. doesnt cut nearly as close as a razor (esp. fusion) and it hurts like hell. Really the biggest issue is the closeness of shave. I shave with the electric and its just not smooth or close enough to feel like i just shaved. switched back to fusion..