went snowboaridng for the first time

88lx5oh

me and a friend went to visit my cousin in cuyahoga falls last night. We went to the Boston Mills Brandy Wine resort and did some snowboarding.

my firend and cousin have both done this before, although my cousin only went once, my friend a seasoned border.

my cousin sucked.. i mean bad...

its my first time out though, so i expected the same for myself.

i didnt do to shabby out there. fell alot at first, but we started out on a medium difficulty hill, the bunny hill was just to over populated.

by the end of hour 6 hours at the resort, i was going down the black diamond hill, only 2nd to the black diamond 2.

i still cant carv on the tow side of my board very well, but all in do time. i jsut stuck to the heel side and switched up my stace every now and then.

very very fun!!

definately going to be looking into a board for myself.

and my friend who frequents mad river, said the resort we were at last night is leaps above mad river.

check it out here

http://www.bmbw.com/

and my friend who frequents mad river, said the resort we were at last night is leaps above mad river.

Nothing in Ohio is leaps above anything else. All of them are around the 250ft-300ft range for vertical elevation drop and around 100acres. Having said that, I've been to one of the hills up there, can't remember which one (Boston Mills or Brandywine) and I was far from impressed, even compared to MRM. And there are no ski resorts in Ohio either.

A few stats on each of the hills.

Mad River

144 Ski-able/Ride-able acres

300-foot vertical drop

BMBW

240 Foot Vertical Drop

85 Skiable Acres

Regardless of that, glad you had fun and hope to see you out at MRM. :woowoo:

Sounds awesome. I miss snowboarding. I haven't gone in over 5 years. :(

See I never understood why someone would get into a seasonal sport like this in a place like Ohio. Yeah our winter's suck but its only because they're cold, not because we get xx amount of feet of snow per year. Snowboarding looks like a blast and I'd love to try but I doubt I'd spend money for all the equipment just to go a handful of times a year.

See I never understood why someone would get into a seasonal sport like this in a place like Ohio. Yeah our winter's suck but its only because they're cold, not because we get xx amount of feet of snow per year. Snowboarding looks like a blast and I'd love to try but I doubt I'd spend money for all the equipment just to go a handful of times a year.

People don't understand what snow making can do. Generally speaking once they make their own snow it stays. I tell people I'm going out to Mad River and sometimes they don't believe me when I say there is snow out there. If we relied on real snow we would never be open. Most places out East had much shorter seasons before snow making existed and there basically wasn't skiing in Ohio until snow making. I'd guess on average they are open solid for 2.5-3 months. Unfortunately the last two years we've had cold snaps then pretty nasty warm snaps. Places out west are getting big into snow making and even seeding, just to put into perspective what it can do. They wouldn't put money into snow making unless it made them money, and they do get xxx inches per year.

People get addicted because it's so much fun.

I'm just assuming here, but another reason you may not understand is that you may just not be into outdoor sports or activities in general. I hike/backpack/camp, bike, run (mostly during the summer months), then primarily ski in the winter. I'm doing something outside most of the time.

Just because I don't understand why you are into donkey shows doesn't necessarily mean it's wrong.

It does cost a lot of money to get started but I know for myself I have been able to use my stuff for 3-4 seasons. If you take the amount of times I go, I end up saving tons of money since i buy my stuff rather then renting.

This is the first time I have heard anyone say that. It sounds like i might have to check it out sometime. I believe that the pipe cutter mad river just got this year was bought off of them.

I'm just assuming here, but another reason you may not understand is that you may just not be into outdoor sports or activities in general. I hike/backpack/camp, bike, run (mostly during the summer months), then primarily ski in the winter. I'm doing something outside most of the time.

Just because I don't understand why you are into donkey shows doesn't necessarily mean it's wrong.

For the most part thats true, I would much rather play hockey (ie, indoor) than do many other sports. Though I'll try anything at least once.

And dont knock donkey show's until you've seen one, it can really be quite entertaining. "I felt bad the the girl, but honestly I felt even worse for the donkey"

good to hear. im about 16 years into snow sports. i started skiing when i was 4, and then switched over to snowboarding when i was about 8. it really is a matter of confidence. some people can learn very quickly. its hard to find anywhere worthwhile on the east coast. i went out to park city, utah this winter. best snow ive found in the US so far (before this, only places ive been to in the states are colorado and the poconos).

If you have any questions about gear, i would be more than willing to give you some suggestions and guidance.

its hard to find anywhere worthwhile on the east coast.

Hunter Mountain and Bellayre Mountain in NY. Snowboarding on real mountains has ruined anything in Ohio for me. It's awesome when it takes longer to get down the mountain than it did to take the skilift up. There's a mountain in PA right off 80 about 5 hours from here that looks kickass, i just can't remember the name of it.

Hoblick, give me a PM and I can hook you up with brand new equipment. My buddy owns a shop and is looking to liquidate all his snowboard stuff. He has women's boots also.

You can get two completes for less than a brand new complete for one.