ipod is making a "sad face"

Chief8one

ok, i just recently started having problems with my ipod. For example it would just pause in the middle of a song for no reason even with it in the "hold" position.

Now starting the other day I plugged it in and now the apple logo will come up, but then goes to pic of an ipod frowning.

this is a first gen model, and i picked this up off ebay so i dont have any waranty for it.

any suggestions? or do i just have a nice paper weight?

thanks

I suggest you "restore" the ipod. I had one do this shit to me. It was my ipod that was hooked up in my car and always stayed there.

If you do the restore it resets everything back to factory settings. It deletes all your music in the process. It fixed my problem though. Maybe it will for you?

I suggest you "restore" the ipod. I had one do this shit to me. It was my ipod that was hooked up in my car and always stayed there.

If you do the restore it resets everything back to factory settings. It deletes all your music in the process. It fixed my problem though. Maybe it will for you?

how do you do that?

The screen on my Nano exploded. I am now the happy owner of a Zune, and I will never look back.

I just went from a nano to a Zune yesterday. I like it. You would think that Ipod would include a dang radio tuner after several model redesigns. The zune is great, I with it used a USB mini chord though. I also wish it was drag and drop.

oh well. still better.

Ive had 3 generations of iPods, and whenever my 4G (the only one I ever had problems with) would sad face, it wouldn't even be recognized on my computer. thank god for apple's warranty.

Ive had my 5g since it was new (few years now), and have had no problems with it.

I just went from a nano to a Zune yesterday. I like it. You would think that Ipod would include a dang radio tuner after several model redesigns. The zune is great, I with it used a USB mini chord though. I also wish it was drag and drop.

oh well. still better.

Thats one thing I wish the ipod had, a radio tuner. I thought about moving to a Zune but theres no way I'd be able to have a Zune in my pocket at the gym or on the treadmill, the ones i've seen are way too big for that.

They now have flash drive Zune's, which is what I have. They are nearly the exact same same as the original Nano, which is what I replaced. The screen is much larger and very crisp, and the controls are better than the stupid spinning you do with the ipod.

The ONLY reason I bought an iPod was because the head unit in my Avalanche can directly control it = never have to touch the iPod.

I bought it used...helps to make sure I put no money into Apple's pocket. I couldn't even tell you the battery life on the thing, or if the headphone jack even works, as it stays hidden in the truck.

They now have flash drive Zune's, which is what I have. They are nearly the exact same same as the original Nano, which is what I replaced. The screen is much larger and very crisp, and the controls are better than the stupid spinning you do with the ipod.

that is what i am getting when either my ipod dies or i can't stand it anymore

god i hate the stupid spinning thing

I hate Mike's zune. It's massive compared to my 3G nano, and the screen is about the same size. It feels cheap and the controls S-U-C-K.

But to help the original poster, if you fire up itunes and go to the Ipod screen it should have the option to restore the iPod.

+1, I got the flash 8gb Zune. Used it at the gym today its great. Plus I can tune into the TV audio with the radio tuner.

that is what i am getting when either my ipod dies or i can't stand it anymore

god i hate the stupid spinning thing

I need to speak with you fucker

And start saving up now, regardless of how long you've had your ipod, it's probably on the brink of destruction.