best Italian Restaurant in Columbus???

CJINOHIO03

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must be a redneck. Cuz I love me some Olive Gardens. :) Have never eaten at Bravo will have to try it next time we go out for dinner.

I bet you never set foot in an olive garden ever again after eating at Bravo. I would rather eat Ragu/Prego at home then walk in an Olive Garden.

I think the all time best place that is Italian, is Monte Carlo's Kitchen on Shrock Rd. in Westerville, they make so much money at that place they don't even open their doors on a weekend unless you call during the week and make a reservation for 40 or more..... Oh and a huge piece of Lasagna is $7.95 there.

I vote for the Florentine, or the REAL Butch's - the one in Canal Winchester. The Butch's on Main or Livingston or wherever was bought out, and the food has gone way downhill. The original owner opened a place in Canal, and it is GOOD.

That is what I ordered, very good, I couldn't finish it, too much food. :)

First time since my daughter was born (11 months ago) that she was away from both of us at the same time. We have never gone out without her until tonight. :o

don't feel bad We have yet to take the boys out to eat other then something for them at the mall No real sitdown meal and have only gone out 2 or 3 times on our own for a evening.

I vote for the Florentine, or the REAL Butch's - the one in Canal Winchester. The Butch's on Main or Livingston or wherever was bought out, and the food has gone way downhill. The original owner opened a place in Canal, and it is GOOD.

i have heard really good things about Butch's and of course I can always go for some Olive Garden bread sticks and salad YUM -[because its the nicest restaurant i get 360iroc to take me to] but Brio at Easton has my vote!! Nice atmosphere great menu not too expensive good bar!

i went to bucca di beppo a few years ago, and just thought the food was "ok". i wouldnt say it was "BAD", but it wasnt great

also did martinis and it sucked, and the bill was high. i like olive garden for the free salad. sooo good

i cant really think of an italian place ive been to lately that really "wowed" me

Milano's over on East Broad Street... do not get it confused for the shit hole on Hamilton... it's a little hole in the wall where the ambiance is great and if you schedule a reservation.. you can get a table by a fireplace and it's really nice...

make sure to load up on their fried bread... good stuff right there!

I like the small family owned places the best and Westerville does have 2 really good ones but my favorite is the one right downtown, is that Carsoni's that someone mentioned?

Bravo (Brio if at Easton but I think Bravo is better) favorite chain.

Tat... is favorite high end.

There are only two places that never fail to impress me, Figlio and Carrabba's. Bravo and Bucca are decent but overpriced for average food, IMO. And for that matter I would rather go to Fazoli's than Olive Garden, at least I don't have to wait forever at Fazoli's! Of course, I don't get out to the hole in the wall places very much, I will have to take some notes from this thread and start getting off of the chain restaurant circuit.

I can't remember the name of the place (christ I'm old)??? But the BEST I've found is just south of rt 161 on riverside dr. Place sits beside the scioto river. You need reservations & to dress in nice casual. The food is very very good. Lil pricey but definately worth it. Anyone on here know the name? Its on tip of my tongue but I can't remember?

I must be a redneck.

don't feel bad We have yet to take the boys out to eat other then something for them at the mall

uh, yup. lol.

TAT is hella good. ive been eating there since i was a kid. great stuff.

im also a spaghetti warehouse fan.