New Camaro Pics (who has 56k anymore?)

Guest 78novaman

I still like the body, but it definately looked better with the concept's front lighting configuration.

...on a side note, did anyone notice that sweet trailor hitch? Screw putting the C6 vette wheels on my turbo 97, I'm gonna wait for the new 09 trailor hitch. I bet CM will sell a hitch with a machined and polished lip...i'm on that fa sho

Guest 78novaman

Wow you guys. It's still a prototype. As mentioned, the headlights in GM test cars are always different than production, I'm sure it will be the round lenses. The hitch is to pull their test trailer and so they can put a load on the engine/drivetrain for long distances.

With less than a year until production they are trying to work out all the kinks and be sure they don't have a recall in the first couple of years. GM NEEDS THIS CAR TO BE SUCCESSFUL after all the $$$$$ they have dumped into it.

I love the looks of it. Futuristic but retro at the same time. Maybe a bit lower and reduce the wheel size to 17"

Wow you guys. It's still a prototype. As mentioned, the headlights in GM test cars are always different than production, I'm sure it will be the round lenses. The hitch is to pull their test trailer and so they can put a load on the engine/drivetrain for long distances.

With less than a year until production they are trying to work out all the kinks and be sure they don't have a recall in the first couple of years. GM NEEDS THIS CAR TO BE SUCCESSFUL after all the $$$$$ they have dumped into it.

I love the looks of it. Futuristic but retro at the same time. Maybe a bit lower and reduce the wheel size to 17"

Exactly. Like I said, those headlights ARE NOT PRODUCTION. All GM prototypes use the small projector beams you see until later build vehicles.

Secondly, the orange peel is because this is not a production car. It wasn't sprayed perfectly because it doesn't matter. (They usually leave the camo on test vehicles even after they're released because they're afraid of the public seeing them unfinished.)

Thirdly, I'm not sure about a test trailor, but you can bet there would be a fifth wheel attached to that hitch.

If you guys only saw what some vehicles look like during development, you'd never buy anything. Quit bitching, it looks like the Transformers car.

I read somewhere that GM said the reason they are not going really retro looking is because once you have a few years out of the retro car, people will get board with it, and where do you go with it after that(body styling and what not)... It makes since in a business point of view(setting themselves up to be able to come out with more new body styles) but they dont seem to be popular with everyone in the muscle car scene so far!