I need dirt **place sad face here**

V8 Beast

I need a little bit of help with my back yard.

At first I tried to contact Dominion Homes for help since they basically caused the problem. They refused to help (what a surprise :rolleyes: ). Every one around had their homes built after my house and all of them were raised a good 1-4 feet higher. But since Dominion built the last home a few years after my home was built I'm sol. They said I was outside of the timeframe in which they would be able to help me. They basically caused this by making the 2 lots beside me higher after my warranty expired and told me I have to deal with it. When ever it rains I get the run off of all of their yards and my yard turns into a swap. If anyone in construction has some extra dirt you want to get rid of please let me know. I'm going to have to lay the dirt, compact it, then get some sod, and hope for the best.

I will never ever purchase another Dominion Home. Even when something is under warranty you have to jump through hoops to get the issue resolved. All of these companies that do not stand behind their work or the people that do the work for them need to go-efff-themselves.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i89/xxtheonlyxx/effedupyard2.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i89/xxtheonlyxx/effedupyard.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give Bubba at Kurtz bros a call. He will give you the best price ever ! You are going to be surprised how much topsoil you will need.

I have to use 3 sprinklers to water the entire back yard... this is really going to hurt my pockets :(

If the flooding is caused by a drainage problem that they have created, you have legal rights. I'd get a lawyer on there ass HARD! A club I was working at dealt with a flooding problem caused by a construction company re-grading their land improperly to flood the neighboring land (our golf course). We sued, they fixed.

call me at work 491-3055 m-f 6-4. i can take care of you. we have soil overs

that is dirt that did not go thru our machine. my cell is 732-8337. as far as price the best i can do is free!!!!!. i can get you enough to raise the whole yard 100 feet ands then you can get pay back on your neighbors, :D lmk

bubba

call me at work 491-3055 m-f 6-4. i can take care of you. we have soil overs

that is dirt that did not go thru our machine. my cell is 732-8337. as far as price the best i can do is free!!!!!. i can get you enough to raise the whole yard 100 feet ands then you can get pay back on your neighbors, :D lmk

bubba

now thats a deal.

Don't buy anything yet, do what Michael said and talk to the city and a lawyer asap about this as it will take some serious tonage and $$$ to get your yard up.

The owner of a company I used to work for did this and he ended up having to build retention ponds because he raised his property causing his neighbors to get floods in their yards.

Don't buy anything yet, do what Michael said and talk to the city and a lawyer asap about this as it will take some serious tonage and $$$ to get your yard up.

The owner of a company I used to work for did this and he ended up having to build retention ponds because he raised his property causing his neighbors to get floods in their yards.

its hard to beat free.

There is a reason Dominion shares are selling for $0.57 a piece.

The problem with sueing is that it's such a pain in the ass. I paid $40,000 to have my bacement finished by Gates Home Improvement and got completely screwed. I'd sue them, but the hastle of doing it, isn't even worth it.

its hard to beat free.

Yeah, but the work involved in spreading how many tons of dirt? 20 tons? I'd say it could take more than that and you have to make sure you maintain the slope to that drain in the picture, not an easy task at all.

Sweet!!! Thanks Bubba! I'm going to call Dominion and threaten legal action to see if that lights a fire under their ass first. If anything I can use your dirt and have them pay Eric to make it look pretty. If not, I am on vacation from the 3/20 - 3/29. I'll give you a call.

soil is sold in CY not tons. Also like they said get someone out to figure out if its a drainage problem or something else. If the drains they put in your yard are not flowing properly than just throwing dirt on top of it, will only make the problem worse.

There's a simple solution to this. Dig a moat around your yard for the water to drain into. Not only do you now have a sweet medieval river around your house, but you can release all sorts of neat pets in it like piranha, sharks and even cute alligators.

There's a simple solution to this. Dig a moat around your yard for the water to drain into. Not only do you now have a sweet medieval river around your house, but you can release all sorts of neat pets in it like piranha, sharks and even cute alligators.

Brilliant!

soil is sold in CY not tons. Also like they said get someone out to figure out if its a drainage problem or something else. If the drains they put in your yard are not flowing properly than just throwing dirt on top of it, will only make the problem worse.

The drainage is fine. My yard is lower and flatter so the water from the other 5 yards pushes back into my yard rather than down the drain.

FTMFW!

Best post yet. This is your only option.

Plus, it'll keep the Black Knight at bay.

http://archive.salon.com/ent/movies/review/2001/11/21/black_knight/story.jpg