Dream Job

Doug1647545489

Some may know already that I'm moving south to Charlotte, North Carolina. I was offered a position over the weekend and have put in my two weeks at PAC Racing Springs only after a couple of years there. I am now going to be working for Roush-Yates Race Engines as a Valve train/Spring designer. I will be in charge of developing the valvetrain of all the Fords in the Sprint Cup Series, 30 or so Busch/trucks teams, and mod motors in the Daytona Prototypes. I'll be mainly focusing on the Cup engines though.

Believe me I'm not the biggest Nascar fan, but the technology/resources that goes into the power train developement is mind boggling. No it's not F1, but they share a lot of the same test equipment (AVL transient engine dynos for example). They are also one of the most respected Cup Engine shops.

I'm looking forward to my new career path. I'll still be in Columbus once in a while. After I purchase my first house in the next few months (which I would never buy in Detroit) I'll be looking for a new toy. (Probably a "almost new" LS3 Vette or something similar.)

• Confused 1

i must reiterate, congratulations! that is a hell of a job! lucky SOB, lol.

BTW, isn't RYR supplying every ford team with engines except maybe one? then again, there arent all that many ford teams out there considering ~1/3 of the field is chebys.

All the Fords are RYR powered.