What happened to COFBA???

Casper

I haven't owned in f-body in many, many years. I was just referring someone here at work to their site though. They called me up like, "uhm, yeah, that site is selling mp3s". I had no idea it was gone now. They should have a redirect or something.

IMHO, it got too serious. Once the fun left, most of the people did too.

Ding Ding Ding...we have a winner.

Exactly why I stopped going to meets, or participating on the board. Most of the cool people left, and the meetings sucked ass. IMO the last cool thing that happened there was the Poker Run from Jegs (where I pissed off that riced out Mustang guy to the point he did a powerslide next to a cop and got pulled over).

Registrant Name:Maria W. Bergeron

Registrant Organization:COFBA

Registrant Street1:554 College Avenue

Registrant Street2:

Registrant Street3:

Registrant City:Lynchburg

Registrant State/Province:Ohio

Registrant Postal Code:45142

I'm guessing they let the domain go?

Such a shame someone let it go....

Sure some people complained that at times it was too "serious", but looking back, that was when the club was at it's peak (members, bank account, events, hangouts, messageboard postings, etc)

I'm glad I was a part of COFBA, it sure helped pave the way for the way I think about the great F-Body and cars in general.

Once the new Camaro comes out next year, http://www.compgm.com will become VERY popular in Columbus.

My brother.

Oh no, you're not throwing me under the bus...

Just over a year ago, the domain was almost lost because of the cheap offshore domain registrar that the webmaster was using. I rescued it before it could be released to the free pool and since I paid to rescue it, it stayed in my account until last week when my one-year registration period was over. The understanding was, after the one year period, it would be transferred to another account because COFBA isn't my club - I was only doing a favor.

I asked Anthony several weeks ago if I should transfer, renew, or let it go. He instructed me to let it go because COFBA was dead.

I did.

I asked Anthony several weeks ago if I should transfer, renew, or let it go. He instructed me to let it go because COFBA was dead.

I did.

That fucking sucks... Shit, I would have paid the $10.00 to renew it out of my own pocket.

Damage is done now, time to move on....

I didn't mean to throw Chris under the bus. Someone asked who had it registered, he did via me.

It died because I repeatedly asked someone else to take over web duties and all I got was bullshit and maybes. So now that no one else wanted to take responsibility after asking for two years, I let the domain expire and NOW someone wants to do something about it.

To that end, nobody sure noticed when an "outsider" I.E. someone who doesn't and hasn't ever owned an Fbody had the domain for a year. Hindsight is always 20/20, if someone would have stepped in and asked me for it I glady would have given it.

I regret that it's too late. I can't get it back.

I've always been told the original domain owner can recover the domain even if it has been reregistered but I don't know the process. I recovered one of my old domains after over 2 months when another domain reseller got it. I forgot to renew it but all I had to do was show I was the original owner and that I wanted it back, I paid the fee they paid to register it and it was put back into my name.

Lesson learned there, put them on auto-renew.

I've always been told the original domain owner can recover the domain even if it has been reregistered but I don't know the process. I recovered one of my old domains after over 2 months when another domain reseller got it. I forgot to renew it but all I had to do was show I was the original owner and that I wanted it back, I paid the fee they paid to register it and it was put back into my name.

Lesson learned there, put them on auto-renew.

I will call tomorrow, but I'm well beyond the usual recovery time frame.