J&D Towing SUCKS!

1qwk767

I had a lil mishap with the DSM today playing with a camaro, threw a rod outta the motor, well I call up J&D to tow the car, guy shows up about an hr or so after I call backs up to the car puts the wheel chocks (not sure what they are called) around the wheels and we turn around and head back on 161, as soon as we turn onto 161 my car falls off the truck, and my car hits the bar on the back of the wrecker, so the driver pulls the truck off to the side of the road, we push my car into a nearby parking lot and I await another hr for another truck, this time a repo truck rolls up loads the car up and I get it home, J&D is replacing my bumper and after I get the car in the garage I notice my bumper support is pushed back under the headlights so that is all bent in hopefully the guy noticed that before he brings me a new bumper.....

now back to the part where my car is hooked up the 1st time the guy pulls over into the parking lot drops the car double checks everything (noticed he didint use ratchet straps like most drivers do, I figured since it was a 5min drive home figured much wouldnt happen) well as we pull back onto 161 car falls of the truck and bumps into it, the driver helps me push the car into the near by lot, doesnt say he is sorry or nothing else of the matter just helps me push the car and says another truck is on the way and leaves. about an hr later the next truck shows up and gets the car home safely and says he will be back tomorrow or the next day with a new painted bumper for the car.

I wasnt really pissed of that my car fell of the back of the truck its the fact that the guy didnt even say SORRY or nothing to that matter just helped me get the car out of the middle of the road and just leaves, then we get the car back to the house the guy had the nerve to CHARGE me for the damn tow now thats some bullshit right there

well IM done ranting now its time for some beer

That is nuts. You know you should have probably called the police so they can file a report and fine the driver for having an unsafe load. Am I understanding that it fell off the roll back? If so then your likely to have bent "lots O stuff."

Evan

yeah, i'm sure the guy is going to show up at your door step with a do-it-yourself replacement bumper kit, painted to match tomorrow--he's probably ordering overnight parts from japan as we speak.

he's probably forgotten all about it right now, and they will claim they didn't do squat when you challenge them.

sucks though. hope there's a positive outcome--i would have gone nuts

yeah, i'm sure the guy is going to show up at your door step with a do-it-yourself replacement bumper kit, painted to match tomorrow--he's probably ordering overnight parts from japan as we speak.

he's probably forgotten all about it right now, and they will claim they didn't do squat when you challenge them.

sucks though. hope there's a positive outcome--i would have gone nuts

Truth. No contract without writing....Business Law 101 buddy. ;)

didnt have capitals number or I would of called, I have used J&D in the past cheap tows, have always treated me well, I looked up Capital in the sponsor section and I stored the number in my phone for future tows, after I posted this on here, J&D called and is refunding the tow bill tomorrow, along with the new bumper painted to match the car, and he is coming to the house tomorrow around noon to fix it so if anything else happens I will post about it.. till then J&D Towing SUCKS!

#1: I always use AAA...the membership is worth the small yearly fee.

#2: If I was in that situation, I would have called the cops, filed a police report, and had the car towed to a repair shop. Guess who would be doing the repairs to the car? I'd laugh in the dude's face if he said he would "bring me a bumper." God knows what all damage was done to the car.

I always try to request a rollback, so this shouldn't happen. Always a chance with a towing company, though.

Nitrousbird is right, AAA is worth it. I'm lucky I have it through my parents. Always reliable, very courteous drivers, but I may throw in Capitol's Number as well in my phone.

Sucs to hear man. It's hard to trust anyone these days and you have to be a prick when dealing with a situation like this otherwise they will try to get away with as little as possible. Give them a fair shot to rectify this situation, if not, go after them with everything you got.

Scary thing is J&D tows for AAA.

Might want to call AAA and let them know about that

Interesting. I guess since they are taking care of it AAA wouldn't be able to do much else for him except be notified.

Also, how are they going to paint match the car if they are bringing you a freshly painted bumper? Or does it not matter to you? :confused:

till then J&D Towing SUCKS!

Not "till then". They suck, period. The idiot that fucked up your car should be on the street, with a big fucking ticket for an unsecured load. If he's stupid or lazy enough not to do something as basic as strapping the car to the stinger, WTF is gonna happen when we gets a complicated problem?

This is why I ALWAYS watch when someone is hooking up my vehicle on a truck. I've even sent a semi wrecker away because he thought he was gonna tow my truck without chaining the axle to the stinger, and argued when I told him to do it.

You should have called the cops as soon as the car hit the ground.