2004 GTO or 2007 Mustang gt ?

lawnman

I am going to be buying another car soon and have narrowed it down to these 2 cars. What do you guys think 2004 GTO or 2007 Mustang gt ?

What are the pro's and con's of each of them ?

I know this web-site has some car guys that know both these cars inside and out.

Thanks.

GTO will cost significantly less right? Pretty sure you could get a LS2 car (2005-2006) GTO for the price of a 2007 GT.

Either way it depends on what you want, not what we like. I would rather have a LS2 GTO.

go with an '05/'06 GTO. my buddy was dead-set on buying an '08 mustang. he took it home, test drove it, showed the wife, etc. etc. he drove it over, and i let him take my '05 GTO out. needless to say the mustang went directly back to the dealer, and he got an '05 CTS-V, which is comparable to the GTO.

the '04 GTO's had the LS1, with less hp, but they are cheaper

then don't buy a ford! priority #1 ford quality, priority #2 recalling the ford quality because of so many F-up's

i only had 2-3 very minor things go wrong with my cobra while it was under warranty. i've had a few paint issues with my GTO, a rear main leak, faulty seat motor, door lock actuator, and an interior 'issue' as well with the goat. even so, its been a great car in the 8-9 months i've owned it

I dont think there is a whole lot of difference reliability wise between the GTO and the GT. Pick what one you like more. If a warrenty is an issue for you look into an aftermarket warrenty. With a warrenty you will be limited in the mods you can do to it though.

i've got a 04 gto and i'll tell u right now if you are planning on doing mods 04-06 gtos are rather easy to work on. the mustang will be alot hard to do stuff to not as much room. i did the heads and cam in my car in about 3 to 4 hours that pulling it apart and putting it back together and your going to pay less and have more power plus u don't see alot of them.

i've got a 04 gto and i'll tell u right now if you are planning on doing mods 04-06 gtos are rather easy to work on. the mustang will be alot hard to do stuff to not as much room. i did the heads and cam in my car in about 3 to 4 hours that pulling it apart and putting it back together and your going to pay less and have more power plus u don't see alot of them.

i would call it even on that department, the GTO is easier to work on than the f-bodys but the mustangs still are very wrench friendly.

Jeff just get whatever you think you can sell faster after you get bored with it.:D

It is easy to sell cars quickly when you are willing to lose money . I have lost money on the last 2 and this will be the third one in a row . So this next car will have to ba a keeper, atleast that is what the wife told me. :)