Official Times Thread

TurboRust

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol i found myself doing the same lol! your car runs alot better than mine though! i wouldnt known something was up if i went a 12.teen! You should pm me your mods if you wouldnt mind!

No need to PM them, they are widely known.

http://dayton-fbody.com/DFBAbb/viewtopic.php?t=1407&highlight=som+btch

Only because i'm too lazy to retype everything. Car has gone mid 11's before so I was a bit disappointed but I still had fun runnin mid 12's on street tires yesterday.

450rwhp???

Yep....it made 445 on IPS's dyno and 455 on Slomo's dyno. The cam I have was designed with roll racing in mind and gives all power up top. Every car I race (Garrett and CobraMike) it starts out even and then I pull up top like the cam was designed for. Like I said, I prolly wont ever take it to the track again and run it....its not really meant for that IMO.

12.8 at 115.

My GTI aint goin no faster, Today was fuckin awsome!!

there is alot left in your car, you need a tranny with shorter gears and you need to rev higher :)

Yep....it made 445 on IPS's dyno and 455 on Slomo's dyno. The cam I have was designed with roll racing in mind and gives all power up top. Every car I race (Garrett and CobraMike) it starts out even and then I pull up top like the cam was designed for. Like I said, I prolly wont ever take it to the track again and run it....its not really meant for that IMO.

Corvettes arn't drag cars they just make enough horsepower to fake it :)

I will tell you what that thing sounded damn good though.

Corvettes arn't drag cars they just make enough horsepower to fake it :)

I know that now...LOL.

I will tell you what that thing sounded damn good though.

Thanks man....anyone got any vids from the day?

I still can not believe Phills Lt1 broke into the 12's! I was crossing my fingers it would hit high 13's! lol.

best run that car will ever make lol im retiring now, im going golfing lol

I took Robs car 12.40 @ 116

I took Mikes car 13.1@120 Mike was yelling not to break it, so I had a 2.5 60 foot.

I took Andis car 14.0 @ 100 AWD OWNS ME. I felt like I was going to break the car, so I was really easy on it.

I took Robs car 12.40 @ 116

I took Mikes car 13.1@120 Mike was yelling not to break it, so I had a 2.5 60 foot.

I took Andis car 14.0 @ 100 AWD OWNS ME. I felt like I was going to break the car, so I was really easy on it.

when you were driving andis car you were just to busy listening to that girly cd she had in lol

Nice! i noticed that traction was owning you!

Yeah, me and Trails definitely didn't agree. I was hoping to click off a few mid 11 passes then shoot for a high 11 on street tires. After I struggled to run a 12.0 on slicks, I said screw it and gave up trying to run fast. I popped on my street tires and started screwing off a bit to see what I could do.

Traction owned me most of the day too. I had to go down to 9psi in my slicks to get it to hook at (2k). Ended up getting a 1.7 60', 12.0 et, at 113mph. Not my best pass on motor, but not bad considering I'm only at 23 degrees of timing. I definitely have to get one of those boxes put in my car that only pulls timing when I spray

And Phil, I did have nitrous :p

Right before I left my car to wait for tech I turned my bottle and bottle warmer on. By the time I came back to check it and see that I still didnt have any pressure the bottle was empty. Somehow one of my lines was loose. I fixed the leak this morning so next time I'll be good.

And Phil, I did have nitrous :p

Right before I left my car to wait for tech I turned my bottle and bottle warmer on. By the time I came back to check it and see that I still didnt have any pressure the bottle was empty. Somehow one of my lines was loose. I fixed the leak this morning so next time I'll be good.

Maybe that was a sign that you you shouldn't have run any yesterday anyways. Just maybe it saved you from breaking something.;) Just thinking positively.

And yes thanks to those who put any effort into making this happen, and for the food! I only came out to watch but I had a good time. I haven't been around much for the past couple years but hopefully this summer Ill be able to come out to play a little more.

I couldnt run because i didnt have the truck sorted out in time but i still made it down to watch.

Even if it was running it woudlnt run worth anything ha just playing....

For all the people that thought I was gonna splat my pistons threw the block never happened an I'm actually leakin less oil now.... but there is a major issue imparing me by a while second slower....dam I gotta fix it ah well

13.8 with fooooooooked motor wooooo