NEW iPhone 2 Concepts

Rob1647545496

http://gizmodo.com/assets/images/gallery/4/2008/05/medium_2475738697_53666466c5_o.jpg

lots more at

http://gizmodo.com/photogallery/fakeiphone2

oh and Starting May 9th, Sprint will begin a massive, $100 million marketing campaign aimed straight at the iPhone's nether regions.

http://gizmodo.com/388086/sprint-spending-100-million-to-kick-iphone-in-the-nuts-iphone-wearing-cup

:lol: Fail, if you use an iPhone you know this is just another clone. Yep the iPhone sucks, that is why every Carier is trying to copy it. Apple will always be ahead. The 3G iPhone with GPS is out in June/July they all will be behind again. If there is a couple of things apple does well it is hardware and functionality. Oh and the new Firmware for the iPhone is comming in June (2.0) I will get many upgrades and I will be able to buy apps on Itunes, some of the games look bad ass! Apple isn't worried.

:lol: Fail, if you use an iPhone you know this is just another clone. Yep the iPhone sucks, that is why every Carier is trying to copy it. Apple will always be ahead. The 3G iPhone with GPS is out in June/July they all will be behind again. If there is a couple of things apple does well it is hardware and functionality. Oh and the new Firmware for the iPhone is comming in June (2.0) I will get many upgrades and I will be able to buy apps on Itunes, some of the games look bad ass! Apple isn't worried.

...apple is still behind nokia

Oh look another clone that has buttons. :rolleyes: Still behind apple and the phone just out.

not quite...

iphone is still behind my n80 which is nokia's middle grade phone which is also older than the iphone

The 3G iPhone with GPS is out in June/July they all will be behind again. If there is a couple of things apple does well it is hardware and functionality.

So how is javascript and flash support working with Iphone?

The Iphone like all mac products are a gimmic. Dont get me wrong mac has done a hell of a job in marketing and making there products very sellable. But at the end of the day the isn't one mac product you can buy that a competitor sells there verision of that will do more for a better price.

oh Ben how functional can it really be list of stuff it can't do. ( I know some of this have changed but for it being such a great phone when it was first released. no.)

Will there be a non-Cingular version? --Not within the first two years.

Can I put my T-Mobile SIM card in it instead of Cingular? --No.

But what if I keep asking? Then will it be available beyond Cingular? --No.

Can it run Mac OS X programs? --No.

Can I add new programs to it? --No. Apple wants to control the look and feel and behavior of every aspect of the phone.

Does it run programs from Palm, Symbian, Windows? --No.

Does it connect to iChat? --No.

Does it have games? --No.

Is it ambidextrous? --No.

Does it have GPS? --No.

Voice recognition? Voice dialing? Voice memos? --No, although this could change by June when the phone ships.

Does it get onto the HSDPA (3G) high-speed Internet network that Cingular has rolled out in a few cities? --No. But Steve Jobs said a later version of the iPhone will — once there's enough HSDPA coverage in this country to justify it.

Does the Web browser support Flash or Java? --No.

Will it play music over Bluetooth? --Unknown.

Can you change the battery yourself? --No. You’ll have to send the phone in to Apple for battery replacement, just as with the iPods.

Can it open Word and Excel documents? --No. (Steve Jobs says it can open PDF files, though.)

Can you use it one-handed? --Yes, for some functions. But overall, it’s less convenient than on a phone with physical keys.

Can I make a call while driving a car? --Not as easily as on a regular cellphone with programmed speed-dial keys. (Besides--MUST you?)

Does the camera record video? --Not yet. Apple may add this feature by June.

Does it connect to standard iPod accessories like car docks and speaker systems? --Yes!

Does it work overseas? --Yes. It’s a quad-band GSM phone, meaning you can use it in any country (for an added fee, of course).

Is there a Verizon version? --NO!!!!

Will they make a non-cellphone version--a widescreen touch iPod? --Nobody knows. Apple doesn’t leak product info until it’s good and ready.

That scrolling through lists thing is glitzy, but what if I have 3,000 names in my address book? --There’s also an alphabet "index tab" down the right side of the screen, so you can jump to another spot in the list.

Is there a calendar? --Yes.

Will it sync with Outlook? --No.

What about airplane use? --It has a airplane mode (wireless off), just like any cellphone.

Won't the screen get smudgy? --It does, but you don't see it except when the screen is off. The one I played with was pretty streaky, but wiping it on my sleeve cleaned it completely

.........Will they make a non-cellphone version--a widescreen touch iPod? --Nobody knows. Apple doesn’t leak product info until it’s good and ready.

What is the iTOUCH then? isn't that a touch screen Ipod that also has enternet capabilities???

J/W.

What is the iTOUCH then? isn't that a touch screen Ipod that also has enternet capabilities???

J/W.

( I know some of this have changed but for it being such a great phone when it was first released. no.)

yeah but my comments referr to the Iphone when it first came out.

iPhones are cool and all, but I'll stick with my Blackberry 8800.

- Business email - check

- Personal emails - check

- MS outlook integration - check

- Voice Dialing - check

- Awesome GPS - check

- Unlockable - check

- 3rd part apps - check

- photos / video / music - check

- internet - check

- bluetooth - of course

- long battery life - check

- one hand usable - check

- full keyboard - check

- camera - I'm not 16 anymore

I'm old school and more business oriented so BB for me.

http://www.slipperybrick.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/rim-blackberry-8800.jpg