had my sinus surgery today

Buck531

Ummm....

Oxycontin = Trade name for oxycodone

Percocet = Trade naem for oxycodone + acetaminophen

Granted, Oxycontin is usually given in larger doses than Percocet.

Oxycontin is a 12 hr pill. I hated it, Made me fell sick.

um.... i don't need schooled on pills kid.

i know what it means, and i don't want the liver killing acetaminophen.

They go up to 160 by the way.

Sure was a dumb fucking comment from someone who doesn't need schooled on pills. :rolleyes:

Also, if you're taking enough Percs to kill your liver, you're taking too much. They put it in there for a reason.

Do us all a favor though, and pop one of those 160's.

Guest mrhobbz
so it's ok to be mentally challenged on the interweb? i think it's ok to be handicapped in teh real world too. i was just pointing it out, no worries. It will all be ok. *pats head*

You're a jerry's kid aren't you?

Wasn't too bad. In some pain right now and bleeding like a mofo. I just woke up from a 6 hour nap after I got home. I guess the doc said it went very well.

Well I'm going to be home for the next few weeks so if you know here I live feel free to stop by but call me before coming over to make sure I'm up.

Don't be bleeding on that new carpet!

I had 1 in each nostril. Man when he pulled them out I thought my brain came with them.

The packing and the splints I guess are coming out Tuesday. I can't wait for that feeling. I'm definatley going to pop two percocets before I go to see him.

I'm not so much in any pain right now. Mainly the shit that's in my nose is dried up and it hurts cause it's sticking to the inside of my nostrils. That and making the slighest touch to my nose almost makes me cry. Eyes are watering pretty bad and the ride side of my face is swollen .

Sounds about right, be thankful that you didn't have your Tonsils, and Uvula Removed at the same time. :o The fun thing after the packing comes out is getting used to the Saline nose flush you will have to do. At first it really sucks to squirt liquid up your nose, but you get used to it. I actually still do it if my allergies get too bad, I rinse my nose out and get the pollen and snot out of my nasal cavity before bed. I sleep better. Oh I am very allergic to pine pollen, so April and May suck.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to bump this back up.

They removed the plastic splints last Tuesday. Instant relief. Still a little clogged up, but over the course of the past week I've done 3 sinus flushes a day. Nose still hurts a little. I definatley feel better afterwards.

btw, the splints I had in my nose were probably the size of the end of a plastic knife. They were held in by one stitch on each side.

I could have gone back to work this week, but the doctor didn't clear me to work until the 25th. So i'm taking it easy (relaxing) and doing whatever around the house.

On a side note, if anyone here has allergies or sinus problems, I would HIGHLY recommend doing the sinus flush. That stuff rocks and doesn't burn or anything.

Glad you're doing well. The sinus flush thing is funny. I never knew I could pump that much water into my head :D The first time had me concerned that it would all come back out :eek:

On a side note, if anyone here has allergies or sinus problems, I would HIGHLY recommend doing the sinus flush. That stuff rocks and doesn't burn or anything.

i did the sinus flushes after mine. its probably been 7 years since the surgery, and im probably only 20% better than i was before. i keep a bottle of afrin at work and usually need to use it 4 days a week. i know i shouldnt use it that often.

i need to get back to the dr and see what can be done to recorrect it