My Truck is Famous

dakotart

it was on NBC4 news tonight. Some lady was freaking out because the picture of her house like that has her and her 3 daughters (that are incredibly blury by the way) was in the picture.

What I want to know (and nbc didn't answer) was how google got that picture? Is there someone driving around the US taking pictures of houses standing in the middle of the street? The picture of my house has a car about 20 feet from where the picture was taken driving down the street.

Yeh they actually are taking pictures. Car mounted camera, and the car just drives around all day. I had the same question today so I had to turn to wikipedia for the answer. Just crazyness.

Ofcoarse I am sure I never have to worry about them doing a street view of my house. Cambridge doesn't even have close ups on the normal view yet....

i think its cool and a great idea.....what are people so afraid of its just a picture and now they are using a face blurring software algorithm so you wont even be able to see faces...they must be doing something wrong if they need to hide

Ha, my still has a broken tail light lol

And my previous sex toys car is there too.... i was probably in there railin her :cool:

On a side note, this is actully a great tool for me to look at the new apartment i want to move into out in Colorado Springs.

That's insane how the fuck do they do that? Do they really pay some guy to drive around taking pictures of the world ten feet at a time?

Yes. I've seen a green Kia or something with Google on the side and a camera ontop stopped at PF Changs by Tuttle Mall.

Guest 78novaman

Yes the google guys drive around burning all this gas to take pictures for whatever reason then offer employees perks if they buy hybrids. Hypocrites.

I'm disliking google more and more as they get bigger. They are censorship kings taking down any bad pictures aka there was on one the south end of Chicago of a drug deal going down and they pulled it once it spread the internet forums. Don't even get me started on their Chinese deal.

That's pretty cool. It's been awhile since I've looked at all the places I've lived, but I've yet to see my car in one. However, if you search Toyota Supra MKII, or Toyota Supra MKIII in Images, my car comes up on the first page. :D

it was on NBC4 news tonight. Some lady was freaking out because the picture of her house like that has her and her 3 daughters (that are incredibly blury by the way) was in the picture.

who gives a fuck? its not anything you cant see from driving down a public street.

What I want to know (and nbc didn't answer) was how google got that picture? Is there someone driving around the US taking pictures of houses standing in the middle of the street? The picture of my house has a car about 20 feet from where the picture was taken driving down the street.

yup. here is a pic of it

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/06/01/take-a-look-at-the-vehicle-thats-taking-a-look-at-you/

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=38.187091,-85.612807&spn=0.006148,0.013561&z=17&layer=c&cbll=38.18401,-85.61329&panoid=JUXJqKxfGApOhUvdtkyYCg&cbp=2,174.91455844302516,,0,7.340283983132648

Theres the link to my car sleeping while I am at work slaving away to buy her nice things.

Oh and clbsinvaders thats your moms Intrepid. If you look at it from the side angles that are available you can see it. Atleat I am pretty sure it is