Got a WOW cable question.

Buck531

Does anyone else have problems watching Discovery in HD (225). I'm watching Deadliest Catch right now (after the catch actually) and it keeps crapping out. The sound is ok, but the video is just f'n horrible like there's an antenna hooked up to it.

It only seems to do it on this channel too.. Mainly watching THIS show. Kinda sucks it's one of the shows I actually like to watch on TV and it looks like ass.

Not sure if it's a signal issue.

I'm running an HDMI cable from the DVR to the TV too.

I'd hate to just call up WOW and bitch about ONE channel. All the other HD channels seem ok.

And it's not just tonight. It's been doing it for weeks.

my wow cable sucks too right now ghost pictures and will sometime pixelate(sp?)

I had that problem when I was using cable from the box to the TV. I switched it to S-video and some RCA jacks for the audio and it looked a hell of a lot better.

#1: There is no "fuzzy" HD, or not as clear HD. It's a digital source.

#2: Ghosting is called ingress, comes from over the air signals getting in, and can come from a number of sources (bad connections, junk cable, loose fittings, damaged lines, junk TV if using the TV tuner to tune, etc.).

#3: The 225 problem can be an ingress issue as well (can also impact a couple other digital channels as well); make sure your fittings are tight. Certain digital channels, if ingress is bad enough, can cause issues with data, causing freezing and digital breakup. I know it isn't a provider issue, as I watched Deadliest Catch in HD and there wasn't a bit of breakup.

#4: Fuzz and digital breakup sounds like a signal level issue. With the pile of storms we had, it is quite possible something could be damaged. Call in for a service call to have it repaired.

#1: There is no "fuzzy" HD, or not as clear HD. It's a digital source.

#3: The 225 problem can be an ingress issue as well (can also impact a couple other digital channels as well); make sure your fittings are tight. Certain digital channels, if ingress is bad enough, can cause issues with data, causing freezing and digital breakup. I know it isn't a provider issue, as I watched Deadliest Catch in HD and there wasn't a bit of breakup.

#4: Fuzz and digital breakup sounds like a signal level issue. With the pile of storms we had, it is quite possible something could be damaged. Call in for a service call to have it repaired.

I was hoping you'd chime in. I figured it was a signal issue. Now that I think about it, I had to ghetto rig the one end of the cable that goes into the box. I could call in WOW to have them re-crimp a cable, but that just sounds retarded in my mind (to waste their time to come to my house and I'd have to take some hours off of work). If you're ever in Gahanna doing a call do you think you could swing by for like 30 seconds and throw and end on the cable ?

Whatever you want to call it, my shit isn't as clear as it was a few weeks ago.

I'll be calling them shortly.

http://www.80stees.com/images/products/Ghost_Busters_Who_You_Gonna_Call-T-link.jpg

I ain't afraid of no fuzzy HD signal!

**Shakes Head**

I ain't afraid of no fuzzy 1's and 0's.

If you go to an HD channel and have gray bars on the top and bottom, trying putting your TV on the correct input (either component or DVI/HDMI).

what i want to know is why they send me a letter saying they want to "offer better viewing options" but that they are taking away hbo from my non-digital box? thats not a "better viewing option". and now today i see they are taking away the columbus sports channel that shows CMS races. WTF? how is this better? this is worse viewing options...

what i want to know is why they send me a letter saying they want to "offer better viewing options" but that they are taking away hbo from my non-digital box? thats not a "better viewing option"

Yes it is, because that bandwidth that is being used up will be able to be used for other things...such as more channels. Besides, even with the max channels WOW used to offer Analog, it was 3 HBO's, vs. the 10 HBO channels on Digital.

Never had that problem.

In fact, I've never had a problem with WOW.

+10

Although I am hoping they have a new upgraded internet tier soon. My friend(s) at work with RR are absolutely tearing up the newsgroup scene at 13mb vs my 6mb. I didn't believe it until he let me RDP into his house and holy shit. :eek:

You people are rough.

This isn't a bash thread. I just had a simple question about the HD channels. It was answered.

I'm happy with WOW. Never really had any outages or problems with them (other than Tuesday night it went out after that storm blew over around 6 pm).

If you don't like wow, go to another cable company and quit bitching.

I like wow but my phone has not worked right from day one, I call them from it and they have said yes your voice sounds horrible on our end. They came out and said we have a bad box in the yard, yea, thanks, are they ever going to fix it? They sure as hell collect their money every month from us......

Yes it is, because that bandwidth that is being used up will be able to be used for other things...such as more channels. Besides, even with the max channels WOW used to offer Analog, it was 3 HBO's, vs. the 10 HBO channels on Digital.

whats the price difference in an analog vs digital box?

I like wow but my phone has not worked right from day one, I call them from it and they have said yes your voice sounds horrible on our end. They came out and said we have a bad box in the yard, yea, thanks, are they ever going to fix it? They sure as hell collect their money every month from us......

I already PM'ed you once offering to have ME come out and look at it. If there is anyone that is going to get it fixed right, it is me. I just have to set up a time, as I've been crazy busy at work for the past who knows how long now.