Pics of New Ride

TTQ B4U

Well, the time came with the GXP lease coming due for a new ride and Saturday I pulled the trigger. I'll have both for about three months unless the GXP Sells before that.

It's taking a little getting used to, but the handling and power are great for such a small car. Corners like an ice skater and IMO would pull my GXP from a roll. Won't likely take her to the track until next spring, but from what I've seen, most track go-ers are running high 13's to very low 14's with simply an intake.

Here are some quick pics after her first bath:

2008.5 Mazda Speed 3 GT in Crystal White Pearl

http://www.pbase.com/pdqgp/image/100833442.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/pdqgp/image/100833441.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/pdqgp/image/100833440.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/pdqgp/image/100833439.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

your a pretty unbiased car buyer, i like to tough it out with one brand........american for the most part.

You're missing out on roughly 96% of the cool cars in this world than.

Beautiful car Tim! I think you have a thing for white. :p

I grew up in the car biz with my parents being GM Loyalists. However, I drove just about every make there was. Yeah....I'm pretty unbiased. I have to do what's best for me and the family.

This time it was about keeping in line with better mpg's, keeping the price lower and still getting some kick ass performance in a car that will accomodate the wife and two kids. We have a MiniVan so I didn't need a huge car. Just something that makes me happy to drive and puts a grin on my face when I start it up.

No interior pics yet. However, here are some from Mazda that show the details. Like most things, pics don't do it justice.

http://images.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/images/vehicles/gallery/MS3/pho_gallery_MS3_int4.jpg

http://images.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/images/vehicles/gallery/MS3/pho_gallery_MS3_int1.jpg

http://images.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/images/vehicles/gallery/MS3/pho_gallery_MS3_int9.jpg

interior pics? your a pretty unbiased car buyer, i like to tough it out with one brand........american for the most part.

Thanks Man! The ride in the Mini is what inspired me. The Cooper cornered and handled so nice I became a convert to the sport-compact group. Add in the MS3's HP, Torque and handling for what I paid and the deal was done :D

Crystal White Pearl is a hell of a color. Classy, clean and pretty unique on a car of this price and type I think.

Beautiful car Tim! I think you have a thing for white. :p

agreed.....luckily im fortunate enough to have never owned a car newer than 90, hell the probe was my first fi car. so i guess you could say i dont know what im missing.

BOT

i like the interior surprisingly, looks overall to be a nice ride.....congrats

Sticker was $25,500, Paid just over $24,000. Keep an eye on inventory as this is likely the last year for the Speed 3. They do two year runs and next year comes the RX8-Speed. At least that's the rumor.

can i ask what you paid for it? g/f has a base 3i and its decent...ive been thinking of getting a MS3 if the price was right.

Thanks. I like the interior a lot. Nice than I thought and quality is very tight. Isn't as dolled up with all the goodies as my GXP but then it's also $7k less than it was.

i like the interior surprisingly, looks overall to be a nice ride.....congrats

interior pics? your a pretty unbiased car buyer, i like to tough it out with one brand........american for the most part. Oh yeah I'm a dick.

See what I did there? ^^^^^

I've had Ford, Honda, Acura and GM. I am very diverse in life lol. But Nice ride man... I like it. What kind of engine is in that thing?

those are awesome cars...and are always at the top each year for best sport compact. and has actually won a few times if i remember correctly? i was thinking about buying one in white as well when i worked at ricart.....

congrats on the purchase!

2.3l Direct Injection Turbo. 263hp at 5500rpm and 280ft.lbs at a nice relatively low 3000rpm.

From what I've read and the shops I've talked to, they respond pretty good to mods. Turbo Back, Intake and a Front Mount IC are common. There are computer flashes too.

I'm going to just do an intake and short-throw shifter for now. I've seen some guys blow the seals on the turbo and want to learn more about the limits of the KO4 before I do anything too much. Besides, it has a 5yr/60k warranty on the power-train so I don't want to blow that too early.

She's a shit load of fun stock. Time slips I've seen are from 13.7's to low 14's with pretty much an intake and some who stiffen the rear motor mount, for whatever good that's really going to do except increase feel and vibration.

What kind of engine is in that thing?

I really like the new STi. They have a black one at Byers that is damn nice :eek:

My nieghbor came over and asked me how I like the new Vibe :o

I likes the white, I think Subaru stole the STI design from this car. They look like sisters. :)

Cool.....I need to learn more about how they will respond. I've seen slips from several folks on the speed boards that are in the low 13's with the below mods. Not sure what stock Evo's or STi's run? I have no doubt this little bugger is high 13's. I think the low 14 runs I've seen are launch and driver issues.

I just had a nice run around MAG area roads with a blue Lotus Elise with LSRBLUE as his plate. It was a service tech driving it as my buddy and I followed him back into the dealership, but he drove right into service. They sound so, so nice wide open.

Let's just say I'm sticking to my believe that she's part ice skater :D Damn near every bit as tight if not better than my S2000. The difference is in the way she hits the curves being FWD. Tail will wag out just a tad if you lift....similar to my GXP, but only here I have gears to work and better power delivery.

If that driver is on here, I'd like to hear his thoughts on the run. I for one was surprise that how in the straights I was right on him. I did let him go on post road as he must have been at 90mph in the 35mph zone right past the police station :eek: No thanks....not worth it on a number of levels.

My friend Chris is getting one of these in black in September. Very cool cars. He has also heard that turboback, intercooler, and bc make a sti/evo competitor out of these cars.

Congrats!

I think they are rated at 27/28mpg :confused: not sure......but overall with me playing on both the freeway and back roads for the past 120miles, I'm averaging 23mpg on the computer...and that's with a lot of boost time, albeit conservative boost.

At 72mph in 6th she's as quiet as my GXP (5th has some growl still) I'm at about 2500rpm and computer shows 31mpg on the flats.

I'll know more about city driving averages in a couple weeks. Even if I get 23mpg, That's about double what my GXP was getting me in the burbs.

If you have an Envoy, this will be a true SPORT-Utility Vehicle. Not big mind you, but lots of fun :D

Are you actually seeing 37mpg highway (this is what Edmunds.com claimed)? If so I'm getting rid of my wifes Envoy in favor of one of these. Thats a cool little car.