Test your Logic

troyec001

I missed #15, but I'm arguing this one.

Question 15.

a) Water is a molecule composed of two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom.

b) Every observation or examination by microscope has confirmed this.

Conclusion

Therefore we can predict that every future examination of water will reveal the same chemical composition.

I picked valid. Why? Because it says we can "predict" that future examinations of water will show it to be H2O. It did not say all water will be H2O.

#15 is legit, physics and chemistry are based on theories. Even though 99.99% of the time H2O will continue to form H2O, scientists aren't pompous enough to declare something 100% unless they know it is. Like claim there was a God, for instance.

:devil:

<Yea, I lit the fuse, turn and run away!> :D

I missed #15, but I'm arguing this one.

I picked valid. Why? Because it says we can "predict" that future examinations of water will show it to be H2O. It did not say all water will be H2O.

+1

+2 I only missed that one as well due to the "predict" statement....stupid UK bastards!

Heavy water is water that contains a higher proportion than normal of the isotope deuterium, as deuterium oxide, D2O or ²H2O, or as deuterium protium oxide, HDO or ¹H²HO.[1] Its physical and chemical properties are somewhat similar to those of water, H2O.

Deuterium, also called heavy hydrogen, is a stable isotope of hydrogen with a natural abundance in the oceans of Earth

Besides, b) doesn't say examining water, nor can you examine molecular properties of water with a microscope. Unless it's an electron scanning microscope.

Therefore insufficient information given, no valid answer possible.

Heavy water is water that contains a higher proportion than normal of the isotope deuterium, as deuterium oxide, D2O or ²H2O, or as deuterium protium oxide, HDO or ¹H²HO.[1] Its physical and chemical properties are somewhat similar to those of water, H2O.

Deuterium, also called heavy hydrogen, is a stable isotope of hydrogen with a natural abundance in the oceans of Earth

Besides, b) doesn't say examining water, nor can you examine molecular properties of water with a microscope. Unless it's an electron scanning microscope.

Therefore insufficient information given, no valid answer possible.

Wikipedia much? :D

Wikipedia much? :D

Heh, it's an invalid source of information, IMO. [citation needed] But everyone seems to consider it gospel. [citation needed] Use with caution. [citation needed] Besides, it seems to rise to the top of the Google. [citation needed] Something that Encyclopedias will eventually realize that they are missing out on. [citation needed]

(bonus for 6 syllable word)