well..my build begins

Guest tbutera2112

Guest tbutera2112
my insurance company ran my license today....needless to say i wont be driving the stang on the street anymore....so im gonna pass on the drag radials i was going to buy and put that money towards parts for my build...im kinda bummed that i wont be able to drive my car anymore, but im also kinda excited to get the process movin...i have a solid income right now that more than surpasses my bills so it shouldnt be too long before i gather everything i need...motor/trans will come last because i dont have room to store a motor...i dont expect the car will be done anytime soon...but ide say within the next 2 years i should have the swap all the way finished...anyone else ever done a BBF swap with a car my body style?

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tbutera2112

yea i plan to get an old 460 and get it freshened up... mild mods to begin with, it wont be a 600hp motor, i just want to get the swap done and get the motor into the car...ill do minor work on the motor and get some more power out of it...once its all said and done i can start working on the engine more, but i cant build one on a stand, i can only work on it once its in the car due to having no room... once i get everything i need im going to find someone to help me get it into the car, seeing as i dont have a hoist or anything, gonna ask rob but if not then im sure my dads friend will help me since he does this stuff all the time...so far my plans are

460 - freshened up

c6 trans - freshened up

then i need a k-member to make it work, i found a site that sells one with motor mounts

headers to fit, also found a site that sells them for this swap

i need to find a way to stiffen up my suspension so the car doesnt drag on the ground

so far thats all i got...i registered for 460ford.com and im just waiting on approval, then ill get more details...ive never really done much work on a car myself, so this will be a good learning experience... the only thing ill be doing myself is getting all the suspension in order and get the k member put in...idk what to do with my 4.6/t45...ill probably see if my dad has room in his shed or something, or i might try to sell the combo for a few hundred bucks since i dont have room to let it sit around...once its yanked out im going to get the suspension, k member, and anything else done that needs to be done before dropping the motor/trans in...the car is the same platform as a foxbody, and this swap is common in them...so hopefully it doesnt turn into too much of a headache

Guest tbutera2112

im going to most likely call this company and get one of these kits

http://www.ddautospec.com/products_engineswap.html

i just need to talk to them and get everything in spec with what i need...says the kits fit 79-95 mustangs, and at the bottom of the page it says to call for additional apps for the headers...i should be able to call and order this kit with the proper headers for my car, then swap in the other k member to make it work for my car instead of just the early sn95s

Guest tbutera2112
4.6 is a bad platform...ford failed big time when they developed it...the only mod motor i would put into this car is a 4v out of a cobra or a 4v out of a lincoln navigator...i cant even find a motor from a navigator, and people think cobra motors are made of gold and want 4-5grand for a 80k miles 4v cobra motor (not a termie motor)

4.6 is a bad platform...ford failed big time when they developed it...the only mod motor i would put into this car is a 4v out of a cobra or a 4v out of a lincoln navigator...i cant even find a motor from a navigator, and people think cobra motors are made of gold and want 4-5grand for a 80k miles 4v cobra motor (not a termie motor)

Then get THIS one?

:confused:

KillJoy

Guest tbutera2112
You heard it here first folks!

lol i have no problem admitting that this car is a pig because ford failed hard on these motors....hell i wish i woulda just got an fbody, i just dont have the funds to swing an ls1 since im so far in the hole on what i have now

Guest tbutera2112
Wait, what?

i am way in the hole on the actual car payment because i made a dumb decision buying it and then refinancing to fix it after it broke...with the money ive spent fixing this engine, i could already have this swap done just about

i am way in the hole on the actual car payment because i made a dumb decision buying it and then refinancing to fix it after it broke...with the money ive spent fixing this engine, i could already have this swap done just about

in ryans words....

word! :p

11's with a junk yard bottom end(n/a) FTW :D

Guest tbutera2112
tyler. there are a few of these on my other forum.

and i would say a efi one is not out of the question here. we will work out the details as we throw it together..

sounds good..and thanks for offering to help out with space to work in and helpin me pick out all the parts im going to need...ill keep in mind what we talked about on the phone and ill give you a head up if i find a decent motor/trans and/or anything we need for the swap... my login on the 460 site is tbutera2112 is you wanna PM the mod and have my account re-activated for me, if not i registered a new one today 99blackponygt if you can get it approved...then ill post up on there and see what they have to say

Guest tbutera2112
in ryans words....

word! :p

11's with a junk yard bottom end(n/a) FTW :D

lol...yea ive dropped 3grand into this motor and its still almost stock...bad decisions, live and learn...i just owe 8 grand on a car thats barely worth 4