well..my build begins

Guest tbutera2112

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was 18 I had the same idea for my high-mileage '92 Camaro. Slightly wrecked with a salvage title, shitty paint, slow and worn out 305. I wanted to swap in a 383 and T56. Fast forward to today. The car is still exactly the same as it was four years ago, except it's got even more miles on it now and is even more worn out, and looks even shittier than it did.

Basically, what I'm saying is it's nice to dream, but at some point you might realize that it's just not possible financially. Don't be surprised if shit doesn't go as you plan. I still don't have a clue when the hell my Camaro project will take off

damn can you even buy auto zone shocks for 200 for all 4? you could always save up and buy a 03-04 cobra?

hey tool bag. lakewood drag struts are cheap!

coilover kit is cheap http://www.jegs.com/i/Granatelli/467/GMCO7998DR/10002/-1

and he has camber caster plates. on a drag car you dont need much more then this!

i had a freshened up stock 460 in my car with to small of a cam, and the wrongs heads, and still ran 12's all day with power steering, and all the power ass's.!

the ifrst engine i had in my car was cheap, even buyying used swap parts, i didnt have $2000 in it!motor, trans and the swap parts!

he wants a bb in his car then im the guy to help him. aluminum head bbf vs the same headed sb, the bb is 100 pounds heavyer! the c-6 is way more bullet proof then any c-4 out there!

and to be honest with about 3-5 k in this(if spent right) it would be a decent driver, and knock down high 11's at the track!

now if he is buyying parts used(swap parts and so on) and starts setting stuff to the side, while the car sits and he is making payments, then what does he have. a pile of parts to do what he wants , and still have a complete car! then if he needs he can sell the parts for extra funds if needed!

4.6 is a bad platform...ford failed big time when they developed it...the only mod motor i would put into this car is a 4v out of a cobra or a 4v out of a lincoln navigator...i cant even find a motor from a navigator, and people think cobra motors are made of gold and want 4-5grand for a 80k miles 4v cobra motor (not a termie motor)

Wrong and it's not a "termie". Ever. You can pick up a brand new Cobra '03-'04 longblock from Tousley Ford for $3700.

Wrong and it's not a "termie". Ever. You can pick up a brand new Cobra '03-'04 longblock from Tousley Ford for $3700.

and still need a ton of other money and parts to make that swap happen aswell!

and still need a ton of other money and parts to make that swap happen aswell!

Not that many really. The biggest thing would just be wiring harnesses. The rest he can pick up for a good price depending on how he wants to go with the setup. No fab is required and, no screwing around with the K and suspension.

Not that many really. The biggest thing would just be wiring harnesses. The rest he can pick up for a good price depending on how he wants to go with the setup. No fab is required and, no screwing around with the K and suspension.

really! all the stuff from his 2v will just bolt right on? how complete is this "longblock"? intake to pan?

hey tool bag. lakewood drag struts are cheap!

coilover kit is cheap http://www.jegs.com/i/Granatelli/467/GMCO7998DR/10002/-1

and he has camber caster plates. on a drag car you dont need much more then this!

i had a freshened up stock 460 in my car with to small of a cam, and the wrongs heads, and still ran 12's all day with power steering, and all the power ass's.!

the ifrst engine i had in my car was cheap, even buyying used swap parts, i didnt have $2000 in it!motor, trans and the swap parts!

he wants a bb in his car then im the guy to help him. aluminum head bbf vs the same headed sb, the bb is 100 pounds heavyer! the c-6 is way more bullet proof then any c-4 out there!

and to be honest with about 3-5 k in this(if spent right) it would be a decent driver, and knock down high 11's at the track!

now if he is buyying parts used(swap parts and so on) and starts setting stuff to the side, while the car sits and he is making payments, then what does he have. a pile of parts to do what he wants , and still have a complete car! then if he needs he can sell the parts for extra funds if needed!

All I asked was they sold stuff that cheap, most average coilovers cost more then 350$ to replace for 1. I did not realize they were just some sleved perch and spring.

All I asked was they sold stuff that cheap, most average coilovers cost more then 350$ to replace for 1. I did not realize they were just some sleved perch and spring.

infact, that was just a kit i found on the quick. they are cheaper then that!

well here is my advise to you, if you dont know what your talking about, keep your fucking trap shut!

kthanksbye

yea i know stuff could happen, but if it does then it does...if the car gets stolen then either way im going to take a hit... i could walk outside my door and get shot randomly, but thats not gonna keep me inside....theres people on this site with stuff thats actually worth stealing, if they want my car i feel sorry for them

and if something does happen, then you have a pile of bb parts, and a drivetrain to drop into another mustang. the great part is, the swap parts fit everything from 79-04! other then the k member!, which we would not need if i just make some mounts ;)

and if something does happen, then you have a pile of bb parts, and a drivetrain to drop into another mustang. the great part is, the swap parts fit everything from 79-04! other then the k member!, which we would not need if i just make some mounts ;)

That swap should fit most Fords from the late 60s up, I would like to cram a BBF into my Dad's 68 stang.

pull the block, put forged rods and pistons in, PI head swap and then turbo it.

it will cost less than the engine swap and will be very dependable and be fast as shit.

if you think the 4.6 is the worst motor from ford ever you are one stupid dipshit and should probly sell your car.

pull the block, put forged rods and pistons in, PI head swap and then turbo it.

it will cost less than the engine swap and will be very dependable and be fast as shit.

if you think the 4.6 is the worst motor from ford ever you are one stupid dipshit and should probly sell your car.

look whos calling who a stupid dipshit!

hey you stupid dipshit! its a 99! it has the PI heads.

forged rods and pistons with a stock cast crank and a turbo is a real smart thinking there too

if you think it dont, you should proably just sell your fucking car!

and dependable 4.6 with 160k on it that has been ragged to shit dont even go in the same sentance!

That swap should fit most Fords from the late 60s up, I would like to cram a BBF into my Dad's 68 stang.

way wrong there! anything before 78 had front sump pans, not rear. and the headers may fit in the back seat! btu crites makes headers for that swap, and i think the strut tower need notched so you can change plugs without pulling the motor ;)

really! all the stuff from his 2v will just bolt right on? how complete is this "longblock"? intake to pan?

Pan to covers, I addressed the intake when I mentioned his "setup". He would need to determine if he wanted to go roots blower, or turbo/centri blower. The two would require different intakes.

I'm more than aware that the 2v and 4v parts are not interchangeable.

cobra crank was supposed to find its way in there, excuse the fuck outve me, and didnt know about the PI heads, wasnt 100% sure what years had them.

dependable 4.6 with 160k on it comes after you replace the rotating assembly and bore and hone the block. the blocks are plenty strong and will hold up to what he will throw at it.

switching out to a bbf would just be a waste of time unless this thing is going to be built into a full out drag car meant for sub 10's

infact, that was just a kit i found on the quick. they are cheaper then that!

well here is my advise to you, if you dont know what your talking about, keep your fucking trap shut!

kthanksbye

They are they same crap ebay sells as "coilovers" for cars with a perch and spring big deal, when you think of coilovers you think of being able to adjust the dampining and having aleast a 16 way adj gas shock. im sure you could find a cheaper spring rate and collar on ebay from china.

cobra crank was supposed to find its way in there, excuse the fuck outve me, and didnt know about the PI heads, wasnt 100% sure what years had them.

dependable 4.6 with 160k on it comes after you replace the rotating assembly and bore and hone the block. the blocks are plenty strong and will hold up to what he will throw at it.

switching out to a bbf would just be a waste of time unless this thing is going to be built into a full out drag car meant for sub 10's

Stop digging yourself into a deeper hole. If he wants to make a ton of power in the future, it would be wise to upgrade from a Cobra crank. They have been showing a weak spot lately.

Blocks also can become a big problem depending on multiple variables.