well..my build begins

Guest tbutera2112

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your car is sexy. Dont make it as gay as this -
( wait untill the end). Trade me your car for my camaro then. I can tell the project "appeals" to you but its really not worht it. Are you keeping the car forever? When you sell it who wants to buy a 99gt with an old school carb motor? IF you made this a car to run on pinks or something, then yeah but to do what you do now, please dont. A rebuild of your motor will most likely be less than a 460 project. Yeah a carb motor is cheaper than a modular motor, but in the end you will have more money into build a new motor and getting it to work right then just building what you have.

Guest tbutera2112
Your car is sexy. Dont make it as gay as this -
( wait untill the end). Trade me your car for my camaro then. I can tell the project "appeals" to you but its really not worht it. Are you keeping the car forever? When you sell it who wants to buy a 99gt with an old school carb motor? IF you made this a car to run on pinks or something, then yeah but to do what you do now, please dont. A rebuild of your motor will most likely be less than a 460 project. Yeah a carb motor is cheaper than a modular motor, but in the end you will have more money into build a new motor and getting it to work right then just building what you have.

lol i like that cobra...but if i had a termie i wouldnt need a stronger motor...i dont see why its not worth it? ill be making the car faster for cheaper than building a mod motor...and ill never sell this car, its not worth anything... its salvage, high mile, tweaked in the front slightly, paint is less than perfect, interior isnt really the greatest....plus, i can get this car where i want it way cheaper than another car...im going to build it to be a track only car, its not going to be a daily driver...ill bring it out every now and then maybe, but im not building it to street race or drive to work in, its just going to be a track car...which was the original plan, i just didnt plan to start so soon

Guest tbutera2112
why did you decide on a 460/c6 ?

because of how easily robs car made power with and how well it feel within my budget...plus he is going to be helping me with the conversion, and our cars are on the same platform so it should be a cake walk for him...plus, ive always liked the idea of having a big block mustang, but a classic is out of the question...this way i have the best of both worlds...old technology in a new body...i wanted to put a 347 stroker motor in, but i figured after all that hassle i might as well go bigger, then i saw robs car and decided i wanted to do something similar

Guest tbutera2112
i have comprehensive as of this morning, i cancelled the full coverage today...if my car gets stolen i am screwed either way, its not worth nearly what i owe...plus if i put 3grand into the engine i can list it onto our policy and get extra insurance on it...i know that because we've already talked to the insurance company so if my car is wrecked, they cover all my aftermarket stuff...as in, if i run over a curb real hard and decide to claim it (bad example, since i have a 500 deductible) they will replace the cobra wheel, not pay out for a stocker...that and i never leave my car outside, so if someone wants it then they gotta peel my garage door off

because of how easily robs car made power with and how well it feel within my budget...plus he is going to be helping me with the conversion, and our cars are on the same platform so it should be a cake walk for him...plus, ive always liked the idea of having a big block mustang, but a classic is out of the question...this way i have the best of both worlds...old technology in a new body...i wanted to put a 347 stroker motor in, but i figured after all that hassle i might as well go bigger, then i saw robs car and decided i wanted to do something similar

he gots a mountain motor in dat hoe! lol but id look more into small block if i were you. bigger isn't always better, do you know the weight difference between a bbf/c6 and a sbf/c4? i know for mopars a bb is around 300lbs heavier than a sb, and the trans is about 40 IIRC.

Guest tbutera2112
I wont be one to knock what your doing. But what is your planned budget for this project?

im not sure, it depends what i can get parts for... i plan to keep it under 4grand which is plenty for a mild motor...eventually i will have way more into it, but i have no plans of building a high hp motor anytime soon...my goal with this is mid-low 12s for now..its an improvement over what i have and it gets me on the road to building a nice motor and just dropping it in...once the car is already setup for a 460 it will be easier to build a nice one...the motor i put it in for this build will most likely be a $400 craigslist motor, possibly freshened up

Guest tbutera2112
he gots a mountain motor in dat hoe! lol but id look more into small block if i were you. bigger isn't always better, do you know the weight difference between a bbf/c6 and a sbf/c4? i know for mopars a bb is around 300lbs heavier than a sb, and the trans is about 40 IIRC.

ill be doing coilovers to compensate, and i know theres better directions to go with the car, but im pretty much set in my plans, and have been for awhile...kinda like when people build fullsize vans to run 10s, and the whole time youre watching it you just imagine how fast it would be if that drivetrain was in a smaller car...not the most practical, but its what i want and plan to build off of

Guest tbutera2112
Im betting his planned budget is less then what it will actually cost.

i based my budget off of how much its costs others to do the same swap, and the fact ive been looking at parts for awhile now and know pretty much what i need and how much those items cost

ill be doing coilovers to compensate, and i know theres better directions to go with the car, but im pretty much set in my plans, and have been for awhile...kinda like when people build fullsize vans to run 10s, and the whole time youre watching it you just imagine how fast it would be if that drivetrain was in a smaller car...not the most practical, but its what i want and plan to build off of

damn good coilovers for my car cost 1400 bucks if you only have 4k to spend on a whole engine swap ect you better keep working. I doubt rob works for free either. Good luck with the build I did the same backwards stuff when I was 18 , bought a new car and modded the fuck out out of it, had an 11 second car that was worth more then the car brand new, wish I could take time back lol.

Guest tbutera2112
damn good coilovers for my car cost 1400 bucks if you only have 4k to spend on a whole engine swap ect you better keep working. I doubt rob works for free either.

rob knows ill compensate him, and i already talked to him about the suspension in my car and we have it figured out for about $200

lol i like that cobra...but if i had a termie i wouldnt need a stronger motor...i dont see why its not worth it? ill be making the car faster for cheaper than building a mod motor...and ill never sell this car, its not worth anything... its salvage, high mile, tweaked in the front slightly, paint is less than perfect, interior isnt really the greatest....plus, i can get this car where i want it way cheaper than another car...im going to build it to be a track only car, its not going to be a daily driver...ill bring it out every now and then maybe, but im not building it to street race or drive to work in, its just going to be a track car...which was the original plan, i just didnt plan to start so soon

Do whatever you want with your car. It's your car. But don't expect to post something on here without people giving their opinions. Also, it's not a fucking termie. God damn it I hate that. Call it an 03/04 Cobra or a terminator, but not a termie. Sounds so damn stupid when people use that word. By the way, a 408 would be so much cooler. Good luck with the build.

Guest tbutera2112
^ thanks, and yea i already expected people to bash me, partly because this is the internet, and your level of coolness seems to be about the same as the level of shit you talk...thats why im taking nothing in this thread seriously, because i really dont care what people think i should do with my car

Guest tbutera2112
damn can you even buy auto zone shocks for 200 for all 4? you could always save up and buy a 03-04 cobra?

im just going off what rob told me he did for his, he says once the motor is in we can get the correct weight of the front end and get to proper setup for about 200 for it...hes done this before, so im just going on what hes telling me

Guest tbutera2112
I kinda got tired of reading so if this is there i apologize but if i could do it all over again i would build a 5.4 engine.

yea i mentioned this earlier, i wouldnt mind building a 4v 5.4 out of a navigator, but its more costly and so far its been hard to find one...theres one on ebay for 2grand with 120kmiles, but i like the current project better

i have comprehensive as of this morning, i cancelled the full coverage today

BAD IDEA

...if my car gets stolen i am screwed either way, its not worth nearly what i owe...

So why wouldn't you pay it off quicker so incase something happens you won't be out a lot of $$$ ???

plus if i put 3grand into the engine i can list it onto our policy and get extra insurance on it...i know that because we've already talked to the insurance company so if my car is wrecked, they cover all my aftermarket stuff...as in, if i run over a curb real hard and decide to claim it (bad example, since i have a 500 deductible) they will replace the cobra wheel, not pay out for a stocker...

What are you going to do when the damage is a dollar amount higher then what they will pay out and they "total" out your vehicle?

that and i never leave my car outside, so if someone wants it then they gotta peel my garage door off

It is easier then you think to break into a house... not that I would know anything about larceny and breaking and entering :o . Don't think only a garage door will deter everyone. Even more so since you are telling people on a local board what you are going to be doing to your car in the future.

I am just saying you should think a big money decision over more. You don't need to upgrade your car right now. But you can do whatever you want I don't really care. I am done

Guest tbutera2112
BAD IDEA

So why wouldn't you pay it off quicker so incase something happens you won't be out a lot of $$$ ???

What are you going to do when the damage is a dollar amount higher then what they will pay out and they "total" out your vehicle?

It is easier then you think to break into a house... not that I would know anything about larceny and breaking and entering :o . Don't think only a garage door will deter everyone. Even more so since you are telling people on a local board what you are going to be doing to your car in the future.

I am just saying you should think a big money decision over more. You don't need to upgrade your car right now. But you can do whatever you want I don't really care. I am done

yea i know stuff could happen, but if it does then it does...if the car gets stolen then either way im going to take a hit... i could walk outside my door and get shot randomly, but thats not gonna keep me inside....theres people on this site with stuff thats actually worth stealing, if they want my car i feel sorry for them

Guest tbutera2112
well I am done preching. Good luck with your build and if you want an f-body I will trade ya!

thanks and i dont think i could do it...im not a fan of camaros even though im sure youre car is faster than mine and it would be fun to drive