well..my build begins

Guest tbutera2112

Guest tbutera2112
ill be building the motor out of money i get from a second job / tution reimbursement from ups...i pay my car payment out of my main income job, im in no rush to pay the car off, ide rather have a car payment for 4 years and build the car than pay the car off in 3 years and then still have nothing to show for it except a salvaged, 160k, 13-14 second car

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tbutera2112

http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/resources/2006/12/flame_suit.jpg

my flame suits on, keep it comin! ill be happy when its done, it will be something different, and something i like and really want to do...and im sure ill learn a lot while doing it

sounds good..and thanks for offering to help out with space to work in and helpin me pick out all the parts im going to need...ill keep in mind what we talked about on the phone and ill give you a head up if i find a decent motor/trans and/or anything we need for the swap... my login on the 460 site is tbutera2112 is you wanna PM the mod and have my account re-activated for me, if not i registered a new one today 99blackponygt if you can get it approved...then ill post up on there and see what they have to say

just remember what i said about the money end!

make the payments and so on and bank it ;)

Guest tbutera2112
just remember what i said about the money end!

make the payments and so on and bank it ;)

will do...im horrible with saving in a bank account, but ill start cashing checks and holding onto it...if my gf doesnt make me go on vacation with her next month, ill have a thousand dollars ready to go which should be a decent start, if i still have to go with her ill have atleast 600, idk how much yet though...but im not too worried about the money end of thing, i dont expect to have this swap done over night

Okay, so I'm 4 years older and been driving since the day I turned 16 years and I've never had a ticket. I think what you need to do is learn how to drive correctly and a car to learn to drive correctly. If you can't keep yourself from getting tickets/wrecks now, how are you going to if you build your motor?

Guest tbutera2112
Okay, so I'm 4 years older and been driving since the day I turned 16 years and I've never had a ticket. I think what you need to do is learn how to drive correctly and a car to learn to drive correctly. If you can't keep yourself from getting tickets/wrecks now, how are you going to if you build your motor?

hey man thanks for the parent-son talk!! im going to go change my driving habits now because you have inspired me

Look at who you are trying to talk sense into. He will realize the error of his ways when he is giving handy's for crack in a few years.

:D

Guest tbutera2112
This is the correct step to take before modding your car. Don't be an idiot.

Edit: Oh wait you already are... darn. :(

i would agree to paying it off before building a motor for it if it was a daily car...but while i have extra money coming in, theres no way im going to put all of it into a car payment and have nothing to show for it, because it will cost more to pay it off than to build the motor....atleast im not like a bunch of people on here modding their cars and breaking them before their paid off then charging more shit onto credit cards to mod even more....i owe 8grand on my car, i plan to put 3ish into this build maybe a little more maybe a little less idk yet...i really couldnt give 2 shits if people want me to put a 4.6 in it or pay it off or whatever, its my car and i plan to do whatever i want with it...i make my car payments and it will be paid off with my normal payments...i came into a situation where i have 500 or so a month extra coming in and i am building a motor so i can actually enjoy the car while im making payments on it instead of letting it collect dust in my garage for 4 years

Guest tbutera2112
lol we need to get a mod in here to change the title of this thread to parenting 101 so you guys can fail at lecturing me without going off topic...because im definately the only person on this site who has modded a car before paying it off

lol we need to get a mod in here to change the title of this thread to parenting 101 so you guys can fail at lecturing me without going off topic...because im definately the only person on this site who has modded a car before paying it off

so, by definition then, you're saying that parents are "individuals that don't just tell you what you want to hear"......sure.

Guest tbutera2112
so, by definition then, you're saying that parents are "individuals that don't just tell you what you want to hear"......sure.

:rolleyes: i posted a thread about an engine build, and you feel the need to come tell me to pay my car off before i mod it...thanks mom

:rolleyes: i posted a thread about an engine build, and you feel the need to come tell me to pay my car off before i mod it...thanks mom

Nobody is calling you an idiot based solely on the fact that you are modding a car that is not paid off. Alot of us are guilty of that. I think we are looking at the "BIG PICTURE" which you have been so kind to share with us.

:rolleyes:

Much older and wiser people are just trying to give you advice b/c someday you'll be like, "Oh wait, everyone was right." A lot of people regret not listening to older and wiser people later in their life. I guess you'll just keep learning from your own mistakes then you'll realize once it's too late.

Nobody is calling you an idiot based solely on the fact that you are modding a car that is not paid off. Alot of us are guilty of that. I think we are looking at the "BIG PICTURE" which you have been so kind to share with us.

:rolleyes:

http://filmic.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/pulp_fiction-bible.jpg

Correctemundo!!!

Why cant you drive your car becuase of a ticket? The 4.6 is not as bad as you think. Yeah its way underpowered but there is alot you can do to it then put in a 460 with a carb. That is just a bad idea. Why ruin your car by putting old technology in it? I understand its your car and you can do what you want but this truly is a plan that is not a good idea. Why not buy a 79-85 foxbody and do it or a v6 sn95? The 4.6 has potential, you just have to know how to get there.

Guest tbutera2112
Much older and wiser people are just trying to give you advice b/c someday you'll be like, "Oh wait, everyone was right." A lot of people regret not listening to older and wiser people later in their life. I guess you'll just keep learning from your own mistakes then you'll realize once it's too late.

i have no problem listening to advice, i make tons of mistakes...but when people give advice and call you an idiot in the same breath, they loose all credibility to me...which is why i dont give a shit what people in this thread think...started a thread to talk about an engine build and it turned into a lecture

Guest tbutera2112
Why cant you drive your car becuase of a ticket? The 4.6 is not as bad as you think. Yeah its way underpowered but there is alot you can do to it then put in a 460 with a carb. That is just a bad idea. Why ruin your car by putting old technology in it? I understand its your car and you can do what you want but this truly is a plan that is not a good idea. Why not buy a 79-85 foxbody and do it or a v6 sn95? The 4.6 has potential, you just have to know how to get there.

i know the 4.6 has potential, but im doing something that appeals to me... my car is ragged out, its not like theres much to ruin...its a rebuilt salvage with 160k miles...theres no resale, the engine has a slight tick, its a pig, and its been broke down more than its ran...the cost to get a 4.6 where i would be happy with it is rediculous... 400-450hp and the motors break, so theres 3 grand for a solid bottom end, heads and cams is another couple grand, then im at like 350rwhp, then forced induction for a few more grand...im not a baller

oh and i cant drive the car because i refuse to pay the ungodly amount they want to insure it lol so im going to build the motor and make it a track only car, its not my daily anyways