New to CR

nickleyw

Hey all, name's Will.

I've been in c-bus for a couple of years now... student at osu.

Just found out about this site... nice.

EDIT: took pics of my ride down so Unicorn Ninja could have some time to wipe the drool from his face

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am looking to learn more about racing and tuning... most of what you see wasn't done by me, but by the previous owner. Track day sounds good.

Oh, so you guys know, I'm more than willing to help design stickers and posters, etc for any events that want them. I can't print them out, but have some background in that type of stuff.

I am looking to learn more about racing and tuning... most of what you see wasn't done by me, but by the previous owner.

Bearing this statement in mind, if you tell us that you are going to remove the body kit, repaint the car in a single solid color, and either remove that decklid or make it functional, then I am all for letting you stay in this section until you can show progress pics, then allow you into the forum at large.

If you intend to leave the car as it sits cosmetically, then just go away. That thing is gayer than Richard Simmons deep-kissing Clay Aiken.:gay2:

No rep either way until you answer.

That intro started out well enough than ... :( ...

Burn all of that hideous crap, and the car may not be in bad shape.

Hopefully that's the last guys doing.

(remember that face you make when someone bites it real hard on a skateboard, or when someone falls face first onto a table saw, you know the one. Teeth gritted, mouth semi-cocked open [ha ... mouthcock], cheek scrunched on one side. Yup that's the one)

ok yes it has a crazy body kit... yes it may be flashy. pull the vinyal and stickers off and put back on a normal deck lip and it may look ok. oh and please do not color match your interior to ur outside... painted plastic is kinda tacky. At least the fitment and paint is nice. Gl lasting on this forum and i am being serious your gonna need it, but i give you credit for wanting to learn. Learning is always good.

oh and please do not color match your interior to ur outside... painted plastic is kinda tacky. At least the fitment and paint is nice.

Actually, in this one case, I can honestly say the interior is OK. There aren't any funny color breaks, and the paint looks well done, and even the seats look functional, supportive, and comfortable. Frankly, the MR2 was a fucking CAVE. All-black interiors give me headaches from the contrast between black dash and bright sunlight.

ok yes it has a crazy body kit... yes it may be flashy. pull the vinyal and stickers off and put back on a normal deck lip and it may look ok. oh and please do not color match your interior to ur outside... painted plastic is kinda tacky. At least the fitment and paint is nice. Gl lasting on this forum and i am being serious your gonna need it, but i give you credit for wanting to learn. Learning is always good.
QFT And remember, he said that most of this was done by a previous owner of the car. He's willing to learn about tuning and racing. I'd say give the guy a chance.....

QFT And remember, he said that most of this was done by a previous owner of the car. He's willing to learn about tuning and racing. I'd say give the guy a chance.....

Thus my first post. But I think we can get some glimmer of his attitude by the fact that he BOUGHT that thing, and his first post only says that the previous owner did the work, not that he intends to UNDO it.

If anyone saw my Fiero when I first bought it, (ND2RACE can speak) it was horribly riced out. I painted my interior to match because it was already pained and was shitty. I took over thirty stickers and vinyl graphics off. With that being said, What are you plans with the car and welcome?

Hmm, nice and simple (like your mind)...

...Drive into Alum Creek with all your windows open and your hand glued to the wheel. Even you shouldn't be able to screw that up.

Well well, quite the reception!

I gotta give it to you guys, I actually hoped to get a little roughed up... I didn't know much about these forums, but it is clear to me that stupid sh*t isn't tolerated.

Let me start with this: I'm not out to please anyone but me when it comes to my car.

Right now, I'm in school, and have no money to spend on my car, other than on stuff it needs to keep it in good mechanical shape.

I'm not a huge fan of the vinyls, and do plan to strip them and get the car painted a solid color... probably a deep blue or pearl white. But, like I said, I don't have the cash for that right now, so it's going to wait.

Fart-cannon exhausts are retarded. Mine is neither fart-cannon nor retarded.

Actually, I've decided to leave the car as is until I can do what I want with it. Partially as a tribute to its previous owner who did all of the work, and then had to sell it before going to war.

And although it's ricey, I really like it. I don't mind fast'n furious for a couple of years... I know you all watched those movies... it appeals to my inner-kid.

Also, I have ALL of the parts to convert this back to stock... seats, front and back ends, exhaust, wheels, even the rotors and calipers.

I'm sure there's a lot I can learn from you guys, but I don't need to be a part of some good ol'boys club to be happy with my car.

How about some respect? Or didn't your daddies teach you about that...

• Upvote 1