get offf the damn road

83 chevy

My .02 on this is that bikes should be registered and held fully accountable to following the laws of the road. For example, the next bike rider that feels the need to lane ride at the stop lights is getting a door swung open in front of them. We just took forever getting around you and now you are going to make us do it again after we are pissed? Not a smart move. Or the, ride down the street until you get to a traffic light then hop on the sidewalk to pass everyone then go back onto the street.....bullshit.

The next biker that tries to weave through the intersection while their light is red and mine is green is getting fucking hit.....it needs to happen since apparently the rules of the road do not apply to cyclists...

I cycle, not as much now, but I used too. I stayed the fuck out of the way, obeyed the laws when i had to ride on the street and basically had a respect for what is bigger and faster than me. That is why I can bitch and say what I am saying. It's like this gas thing hits and now every mindless weenie gets on a bike and has no idea what the FUCK is going on when people get pissed at them. You can tell who has ridden the streets a long time and who just started to save gas.

Ninja edit..../my rant

I don't mind sharing the road where it's needed....ie no bike paths...but they need to obey the rules of the road.

I got hit by a bicyclist in my car several years back when I turned right and some asshole was flying down the berm on my right instead of waiting in traffic like everyone else.

I totally didn't see him coming and according to the police, he was at fault. Not sure how all the insurance money got paid out, but State Farm took care of going after him for my new fender and repaint of the hood.

I think all riders should be forced to read and carry this:

http://www.ohiobike.org/bicycle-law-digest.html

What pisses me off is the freakin' old people with their hover-rounds driving down the middle of the f'n street. I can see a retirement village from my house and that's fine and all, but jesus. On a 25 MPH road, you shouldn't be putting 2 MPH on your motorized wheelchair.

I was kind of crazy when I had my bike. If the sidewalks were light, I'd ride on them, no prob. When foot traffic got heavy, I'd hit the street. Usually, the University side of the sidewalk on High Street is fairly empty, so I'd just ride on that side. Off of campus, I was pretty much always on sidewalks unless they were fucked up or non-existent. And even the fucked up sidewalks were fun.