Street racing today vs 15 years ago.

nurkvinny

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with your original post. My first cars were all slow as fuck and it made have to actually learn to drive a car properly just so I could keep up with people. lol. There was no just mash the pedal and go for me, I had to wait for like 5 minutes to get to 70 -80 and dammit once I got there I learned how to avoid things so that I could keep it there. Plus Im tired of seeing 16 year olds in brand new cars that smoke the shit out of mine.

Or in your case 17 second cars... 35 second drivers

To me its all about your skill as a driver and who u learned from. It totally doesnt help with the addition of movies. But u cant say roll racing is uncotrollable if thats the cause so is dig racing. Its all about if you can controll your driving and most of the people i kno that rolled raced did it on parts of the highway that where dead and very late at the night its not like there goin out at 4pm on 70 east roll racing! Its just all about instinct in racing perod its somethibng u learn over time.

"Street Racing" is no longer low key. You've got shit like for example QS&L or Sonic. 2 cars go to run each other, and a pack of 15+ cars comes to follow. Back when I was 16-17 range, we'd go to the west side and spectate on Charter. Or say at 1 or 2 go out to the concrete factory.

I'll say the younger crowd seems to be chalked full of retards. They'll help end all hopes of doing any sort of "Street" racing anytime soon.

There needs to be more no-time events around here. If the racers could go to the track without showing everyone how their car runs, it would cut down on a lot of the REAL racing that goes down on the street.

Even with that street racing will never die. A lot of the fun for people into it is that it IS illegal.

Even with that street racing will never die. A lot of the fun for people into it is that it IS illegal.

True the street will never die......

I'm just tired of seeing the same 20 cars out west. If trails would do something like this, there would be cars coming from everywhere. Im on quite a few racing forums across the country, no-time events are huge everywhere but here.

Your car can't even hit high speeds, and you shouldn't be attempting it in an econobox. Ask Coltboostin how that turns out.

First off I didnt say my car now did I. My shit has only seen 130. And it took a little while. Plus, my suspension/ tires have been upgraded so its actually pretty stable at those speeds.

There needs to be more no-time events around here. If the racers could go to the track without showing everyone how their car runs, it would cut down on a lot of the REAL racing that goes down on the street.

I agree everyone would love to have no-time events it would be alot of fun run and not have evryone kno your time! Maybe someone should get ahold of someone at trails and shoot the idea to them!

First off I didnt say my car now did I. My shit has only seen 130. And it took a little while. Plus, my suspension/ tires have been upgraded so its actually pretty stable at those speeds.

I dont think your car does 130 im sure it says 130 but my buddy had one i drove it alot and ive never hit 130 jus cause at 120 it gets reeeaaal scary!!!

I dont think your car does 130 im sure it says 130 but my buddy had one i drove it alot and ive never hit 130 jus cause at 120 it gets reeeaaal scary!!!

Well your buddys car is not my car now is it. My car sits lower and stiffer than stock and my tires are much better than the factory garbage. And it doesnt matter if you think that it did it or not because my G/F was right behind me the whole time and her speedo said 130 also.

Plus this whole "Your sentra is slow" conversation is a little off the topic of this thread I do believe. :)

Well your buddys car is not my car now is it. My car sits lower and stiffer than stock and my tires are much better than the factory garbage. And it doesnt matter if you think that it did it or not because my G/F was right behind me the whole time and her speedo said 130 also.

Well i must say his wasnt at stock height either and had nice tires but its a senseless arguement so u win ur right im wrong when i see u doin 130 ill pass u doin 140 ha i win!!!! lol

Well i must say his wasnt at stock height either and had nice tires but its a senseless arguement so u win ur right im wrong when i see u doin 130 ill pass u doin 140 ha i win!!!! lol

Thats fine because I have never said that my car is fast.