Street racing today vs 15 years ago.

nurkvinny

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't get street racing I guess not my thing. To me it is better to put somebody's bitch ass on the trailer at the track than risk it on the street.

My personal favorite is to wear out a trailer car at the track, then see them on the way home.

One of the best nights I've had at the track started out following a 69 Camaro on a trailer to Larue. I passed them on 33, stopped to grab something to drink and ended up behind them on 47 pulling into the track. I'm pretty positive they noticed the car because the driver of the truck was looking at it as I went by on 33 (not at a high rate of speed or anything, probably because it was on skinnies and ET Drags).

By the time they had the car unloaded and in the staging lanes I had mine ready to go and either on my first or second pass we get lined up next to each other. I ended up going an 11.20 to his 11.50 or so. Later on in the night as I was leaving to drive home I saw them loading it up on the trailer and I laughed to myself a bit.

That's always been my thing, have the most slept looking full interior, a/c car and roll in there and bust off some ETs, then drive home. :D

A little more on topic, someone brought up the internet as being part of the problem. I 100% agree. Before youtube, streetfire and all these other easy to post video sites, forums, etc the hype just wasn't there, it was still kind of an underground thing that only gear heads got. Today it's less underground and more people get into it.

When the OGs of this site first started posting F&F wasn't even out, it was the weekend after that movie came out that Charter St. as we knew it back in the day was no more. Huge bust, Pikey on NBC4, etc. etc.

Now you've got people putting Girls Gone Wild style street racing DVDs and all the other bullshit, so it's no wonder the media is all over it.

The OG guys still keep it legit and do their thing on quiet industrial parkways, but you get all the young asshats trying to get attention giving everyone else a bad name.

I say make the cars for these kids (doesn't matter what it is) speed limited. AND make it so you cannot go 100% throttle. Limit the ECU/PCM on the car to ONLY allow like 60% throttle. :).

then you will feel bad when that kid is about to get T-Boned and can not move fast enough to get out of the way...

then you will feel bad when that kid is about to get T-Boned and can not move fast enough to get out of the way...

True, but if you were at a dead stop and had to floor it, you're probably going to start spinning the tires and not go anywhere anyways.

The new American way, instead of fixing the problem, limit it.

Raise the kid not to be a dipshit and you don't have to worry about it.

How would you go about fixing the problem? I mean. No matter how you raise your kids I don't think it's going to change the way they drive. If a kid is into cars, he's going to want to go fast/faster.

My son could give two shits about fast cars. He's into other things. I don't think he's going to be doing burnouts in his 100 HP car anytime soon or driving like a jackass. That's just not him.

How would you go about fixing the problem? I mean. No matter how you raise your kids I don't think it's going to change the way they drive. If a kid is into cars, he's going to want to go fast/faster.

My son could give two shits about fast cars. He's into other things. I don't think he's going to be doing burnouts in his 100 HP car anytime soon or driving like a jackass. That's just not him.

I didn't mean your kid. I'm just saying limiting a car isn't the solution.

Dumbass parents raise dumbass kids. Dumbass kids kill people like last night on Morse Rd.

If you raise your kid to not be a dumbass, they live to have kids of their own.

Simply because there are some seriously retarded people raising some even more retarded children that happen to take out a normal kid (or adult) doesn't warrant limiting the rights of the normal kids.

Maybe the driving test should be a bit more involved than parking a car between some cones... I can think of about 5 billion people that could stand a real driving class, like say, a weekend of school at Mid Ohio.

All that said, I go back to my original point, you can't limit stupid. Darwin will find a way to win.

Maybe the driving test should be a bit more involved than parking a car between some cones...

It's amazing how some people can even do that. I watch retards try to parallel park at Easton all the time, you wouldn't believe some of the methods I've seen people use.

It's amazing how some people can even do that. I watch retards try to parallel park at Easton all the time, you wouldn't believe some of the methods I've seen people use.

I work by Easton, I know the drill. Parking there makes me want to get out and go on a murderess rampage.

I used to just get a phone call if something was going on, now I have to figure out what forum its posted on

the internet is a great place to share ideas, but its got the shady stuff a little fucked up...

all the drving education in the world won't keep people from speeding I got dinged points on my exam for driving too slow and later the same day got my first speeding ticket in a 4wd subaru wagon that maybe had 60whp on a good day

Guest tbutera2112
i did the weekend mid ohio driving school...it was actually a huge help and it was nice because they put you in cars and actually let you drive and they altered the environment you were driving in..i learned more in that class than i did in all of my drivers ed combined

The new American way, instead of fixing the problem, limit it.

Raise the kid not to be a dipshit and you don't have to worry about it.

Amen!! A lot of people in this country today are just too lazy, uninterested, or just don't care or think about teaching their kids right from wrong when it comes to driving, they probably simply rely on the "Ultimate Test of Skill" in the state drivers test to get their kids ready for the road.

For me the drivers test was easy, passed easily. My CDL training was an eye opener, I failed my first attempt and it was an much tougher training. The apsect of the truck is irrelevant but the skills they teach you in assessing the road and your entire surroundings is invaluable and should be part of the regular drivers test imo.

In your sig it says BFG drag radials most people dont put those on cars they think are slow.......

i think my cars slow... an ive got drag radials... whats that make me?

im from California an honestly we never had any problems with cars crashing ect (even know you read it alot) we but we did nothing but dig races in an industial park. here in Columbus we roll all over the highways an rarely get digs going on an when we did they arent in the safest placed (cough cough 270) alot does have to deal with the lame movies. I think the new is hypin it up due to its danger an whats happen but im sure itll die down again in time.

I say take it to the track but if ur gonan be on the street make sure NO other cars are on the road, so if you wreck u kill ur self an not an innocent by standard..

I agree with kenny, the drivers test should be a little more involved and difficult. It wont make people drive slower but, maybe they can involve something that could help prepare people for bad situations and how to avoid them. I know that if I was the instructor during my in-cars and driving test, I would have failed myself. I fucked up a pretty decent bit but, because I was driving a stick shift they took it easy on me, and thats exactly what they said. I didnt learn about controlling a car until I lost control of one and ended up in a ditch. Then I learned not to do that shit anymore.

I know that everyone blames the movies for all the problems but, I dont think that its the biggest contributor. Most of the people that love those movies are people with early 90's rusted out imports who dont know shit about racing anyways. Most of the wrecks and BIG busts that I here about actually seem to involve high horsepower cars like built mustangs and camaros, not busted ass econo boxes. I think that alot of the hype and popularity comes from all the kids that grew up watching thier parents do it have now grown up and got license's. Most of the other car guys that I talk to always say stuff about building cars with their dads not, vin diesel did it so now I want to too. I dunno Im probably wrong, I have been on a losing streak today.

How difficult is it when you have 6 seconds between each shift??? Hell, I bet bet when you miss shifts you run faster times :gtfo:

Well its still trickier than just pressing the Go pedal. And in my particular case, having fucked up synchros doesnt make it any easier. And this is still off topic. :p

Most of the wrecks and BIG busts that I here about actually seem to involve high horsepower cars like built mustangs and camaros, not busted ass econo boxes.

There have been a handful of accidents and busts with the actual fast cars. 98% of the bad name associated with street racing around here, are those "busted ass econo boxes". They make poor decisions and combined with a lack of driving skill, they are a big reason street racers have a bad name. How many accidents and or deaths have occured out west because of a dig race? Not one that i've ever heard.....