Would you go to jail

Sam1647545489

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't it sad that the going rate for someone that is wrongfully convicted of a crime and serves time only gets about $40,000 for each year served from the state. I would rather take $150,000 and it be my choice to go to jail, than be forced to go for something I didn't do for $40,000 a year.

no need....he changed his plea.....sentence will be handed down on 12/29. Merry Christmas eh?

IMO it's a shame the whole thread / issue has been locked out...his whole case is a classic example of really paying the price for being stupid on the street. He should have just stopped and taken his 6pts and fine. Even that is crazy....made me pass up on that Nissan Altima who wanted to fuck around tonight. Ain't worth it.

Back OT....$150k.....no way. If that's a lot of money to anyone, then perhaps they would take the deal, but honestly, there's some pretty easy/legal ways to make $150k. Anyone here who makes that and has a couple kids and decent house will tell you, it ain't that much money any more.

$200k is the new $100k. I might do it for $2M but wouldn't consider it for less.

who got 6 points? was anyone found guilty of street racing? did anyone get more than a speeding ticket?

who got 6 points? was anyone found guilty of street racing? did anyone get more than a speeding ticket?

6pts/etc... is likely what he would have gotten if he simply pulled over and didn't run from the cops. The long term costs/impact would have certainly been way less. What the others go doesn't really matter. I doubt the prosecution was interested in going after them vs leveraging their involvement against the greater charge at hand. If that's all they were charged with then that's a pretty clear indication as to what happened.

Given he plead out and is being sentenced it's clear he didn't have enough to win the case and likely due in part to the above. He's not likely getting off with just a slap. Issues like this rarely go to trial, but they hardly ever settle remotely in favor of the defendant getting a "deal."

6pts/etc... is likely what he would have gotten if he simply pulled over and didn't run from the cops. The long term costs/impact would have certainly been way less. What the others go doesn't really matter. I doubt the prosecution was interested in going after them vs leveraging their involvement against the greater charge at hand. If that's all they were charged with then that's a pretty clear indication as to what happened.

Given he plead out and is being sentenced it's clear he didn't have enough to win the case and likely due in part to the above. He's not likely getting off with just a slap. Issues like this rarely go to trial, but they hardly ever settle remotely in favor of the defendant getting a "deal."

You dont know anything about his case or the others.

This issue was not locked out, it was beat to death by people that assumed they knew what they were talking about. Which is also why we asked for people that are on the outside looking in to give it a rest. Unless you are close to them and have actual facts i see no reason to bring it up. We've been through this exact guessing game plenty of times already in multiple page threads.

I'd do it if you could go in increments. I'd do one week in, one week out for 2 years to equal $75K a year. I'd probably do it my whole life if I could go about it that way. It'd be almost just like working a real job b/c you probably spend close to half your time at work and it'd be all tax free.

Unless you are close to them and have actual facts i see no reason to bring it up. We've been through this exact guessing game plenty of times already in multiple page threads.

The facts of his case and everyone involved that night are all public record. You don't' even need names to find them. It's not like there were more than one of these instances in either county that night. You can go down an watch his case unfold in person if you want; it's an open court room. Or request copies of the paperwork filed to read at your leisure. There's no need for anyone to guess. Hell, you get the details online if you want. The paperwork is scanned and online the next day. There was a question asked, I answered and then I brought things back OT. Your point is understood though.

...opinion wise, it's the nature of the internet, regardless of the board. hell, it's all public record anyway, so learning about the details is just a matter of logging in or going to the City of Delaware...

What you posted on July 30th. Sounds familiar doesnt it... Turn off the repeat button please.

no need....he changed his plea.....sentence will be handed down on 12/29. Merry Christmas eh?

IMO it's a shame the whole thread / issue has been locked out...his whole case is a classic example of really paying the price for being stupid on the street. He should have just stopped and taken his 6pts and fine. Even that is crazy....made me pass up on that Nissan Altima who wanted to fuck around tonight. Ain't worth it.

Back OT....$150k.....no way. If that's a lot of money to anyone, then perhaps they would take the deal, but honestly, there's some pretty easy/legal ways to make $150k. Anyone here who makes that and has a couple kids and decent house will tell you, it ain't that much money any more.

$200k is the new $100k. I might do it for $2M but wouldn't consider it for less.

He kept is car though.

What you posted on July 30th. Sounds familiar doesnt it... Turn off the repeat button please.

You said not to bring it up if unless there were facts and to avoid a guessing game so I outlined where the facts could be found. Repeated per your implied request/statement.

He kept is car though.

less the go-fast goodies and related/misc. items that they agreed upon to be removed....but given what he'll end up with in the end, I suppose that could be considered the upside.

I dunno, man. Alot can happen in jail. Apparently, some of you who think this is a good thing haven't spent a few months in a jail like The Farm or OCC in OC or LA County jail. It's not fun. It's not even 150k fun. Not when you don't know if you'll actually ever get out when you're supposed to. Not when you don't know if shit is gonna hit the fan any minute from day to day. And if this was really was just a challenge, ie; you're not in jail for a crime, just to earn money, and inmates, hell, even guards found out. lol Kiss your freedom goodbye for good.

Now, if I could stay in a local town jail cell, "town" being the opertaive word, maybe.

I dunno, man. Alot can happen in jail. Apparently, some of you who think this is a good thing haven't spent a few months in a jail like The Farm or OCC in OC or LA County jail. It's not fun. It's not even 150k fun. Not when you don't know if you'll actually ever get out when you're supposed to. Not when you don't know if shit is gonna hit the fan any minute from day to day. And if this was really was just a challenge, ie; you're not in jail for a crime, just to earn money, and inmates, hell, even guards found out. lol Kiss your freedom goodbye for good.

Now, if I could stay in a local town jail cell, "town" being the opertaive word, maybe.

yeah I mean like ohio small jails , id shit my pants if I had to go to twin towers or central booking.