CCW guys i have questions

88lx5oh

ok here are my questions..

1. how much are the CCW classes

2. Where is the best place to take the class (also best price range)

3. What all are you learning in the course

4. how often do you actually carry

5. what would you consider a good carry weapon/ also method (ie holster and what not)

my wife and i are considering taking the course and getting our CCW, and i just wanted some input, thanks ahead of time!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1: Around $200

2: New Albany or Blackwing (Blackwing is cheaper I think)

3: Shooting techniques, gun control, legal aspects of carrying a gun

4: At first you'll love it, couple months later who gives a fuck about carrying

5: SW MP40, in pants holster

My buddy was telling me the answers for ya :)

1: Around $200

2: New Albany or Blackwing (Blackwing is cheaper I think)

3: Shooting techniques, gun control, legal aspects of carrying a gun

4: At first you'll love it, couple months later who gives a fuck about carrying

5: SW MP40, in pants holster

My buddy was telling me the answers for ya :)

this is exactly the answers and form i wanted to recieve back.. keep them coming.. id like to get alot of answer and take a general consensus

1. how much are the CCW classes------fuck it

2. Where is the best place to take the class (also best price range)------backyard

3. What all are you learning in the course------how to shoot motherfuckers!!!

4. how often do you actually carry-----whenever I need to cap someone in the ass

5. what would you consider a good carry weapon/ also method (ie holster and what not)---------a hand gun turned sideways........tell the person...."lay down or get layed down"

1. how much are the CCW classes------fuck it

2. Where is the best place to take the class (also best price range)------backyard

3. What all are you learning in the course------how to shoot motherfuckers!!!

4. how often do you actually carry-----whenever I need to cap someone in the ass

5. what would you consider a good carry weapon/ also method (ie holster and what not)---------a hand gun turned sideways........tell the person...."lay down or get layed down"

your retarded.. when you and your girl coming to visit again fuckwad

PS stop gaying up my thread

I can email you the email address of the people I took mine from. Not only do you get a certificate of completion for your CCW permit, but it is also a level 1 tactical defense class.

It's $150, one day, all firearms, ammo and lunch and dinner provided. Small classes too, about 10 people at a time

I can email you the email address of the people I took mine from. Not only do you get a certificate of completion for your CCW permit, but it is also a level 1 tactical defense class.

It's $150, one day, all firearms, ammo and lunch and dinner provided. Small classes too, about 10 people at a time

that sounds perfect!

just pm it to me if you will thanks

keep the replies coming

5. what would you consider a good carry weapon/ also method (ie holster and what not)

my wife and i are considering taking the course and getting our CCW, and i just wanted some input, thanks ahead of time!

1. I paid $75. a group including my uncle and several friends took the class at the same time.

Also, the license is $55 unless a fbi background check is required. that check is an additional $24.

I believe that typical class prices are in the $100-150 range

2. One of the people in our group went to the ohio attorney general's website and found someone who was recommended to teach the course.

The instructor came out to a house of one of the groups and taught the class.

3. we reviewed the CCW handbook from the Attorney general and the instructor answered any questions that we had. Everyone in our group was very farmilar with a firearm. i.e. hunters, etc.

4. I carry everywhere and everyday (within legal limits). I didn't go through all of requirements to carry to not carry.

5. I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II 45 cal. with a Don Hume IWB leather holster. I intend to purchase a DeSantis Tuck This II holster to try out.

Our instructor recommended to not carry a 9mm due to the high velocity and long range of the round. He suggested a larger slower round.

http://www.desantisholster.com/

1. 150.00

2. Its were you feel comfortable. Mine was in lancaster because I live down here and it was easier for me to schedule it down here.

3. You will learn a lot about everythign just pay attention. Best part is the guy that tough it was a lawyer so he knew both ends of it. Also he is a very good teacher.

4. I have carried 2 dozen times. My XP is almost always with me in the truck though.

5. I have carried 1911 TRP (not as comfy), Sig 226 (nice), USP Tact. (big) and now my XD9 with hydrashocks. The XD9 is the best so far and I enjoy it the most. Thats why I sold the my other handguns. Also I use the IWB holester. I use a right and left hand for cross draw. I just bought a lot of holsters till I found the one most comfortable.

1/2 - Tim Bostic, found online. he's the police cheif for Mechanicsburg. one day class, he uses the $ he makes to go on an annual hunt. it was $65 for the class.

3 - you will learn basic carry laws, gun safety, etc.

4 - i have my keltec in my car 24/7. i probably carry on my person a few times a week.

5 - i've got a keltec PF-9 which is great for summer time with shorts and t-shirt. for this time of year, when i wear pants and heavier shirts and a jacket, ive got a M&P 9c with a comptac m-tac IWB holster

1/2 - Tim Bostic, found online. he's the police cheif for Mechanicsburg. one day class, he uses the $ he makes to go on an annual hunt. it was $65 for the class.

3 - you will learn basic carry laws, gun safety, etc.

4 - i have my keltec in my car 24/7. i probably carry on my person a few times a week.

5 - i've got a keltec PF-9 which is great for summer time with shorts and t-shirt. for this time of year, when i wear pants and heavier shirts and a jacket, ive got a M&P 9c with a comptac m-tac IWB holster

contact info for tim bostic??

1. I paid $40 total, my employer at the time covered it ($40 was what I paid Madison County)

2. See 1, sorry, no help.

3. Mostly laws, some short pull stuff.

4. Normally when I have a large sum of money on me.

5. Anything small enough to be 100% hidden. I carry a sub compact XD and I feel it's too wide. I need to buy something better, maybe a Kimber Ultra Carry 2 or something.

$150ish, ask Cinergi

Blackwing. Just took mine there two weeks ago.

They teach you everything about the gun itself, how to clean it, how it works, etc. They also have a lawyer come in for a few hours to discuss the laws, plus two hours of structured (fun) shooting.

Don't have my license yet. You have to schedule an appointment with whatever county (mine is wednesday) and hand them $55

Anything compact/subcompact, along with an IWB (inside waistband) holster. I've got an XD subcompact 9mm I plan on using once I get a holster, until then I'm going to try out the fullsize 1911, but that probably won't last real long. As for what kind of gun - go with what you shoot well with, that goes for the gun itself and the caliber, just so long as you can properly conceal it. I shoot better with my 1911 than my XD, but it's far more practical to carry a gun that's half the size of the 1911.

Didn't take classes DD-214 did the work

Glock 23 w/ 180gr Federal Hydrashocks, with 2 mag back up. I have a Bianchi IWB holster and a desantis paddle for days I have a large coat on. Just picked up a 36 not too long ago. Single Stack .45ACP is nice and tight. I carry every so often, not 24/7, since I tend to frequent bars.

1) Think it was $165 for the 3day course at New Albany. They have 3day, 4hours each day, or 2day 6hours each, or single 12hour day. I had to do 3day cause of work.

2) only done New Albany, so I can't say for anyplace else. But my class was easy and went well.

3) Pretty much everything, they tend to emphasize the legal stuff more than actual carrying and shooting.

4) Anywhere legal to do so.

5) Springfield XD .45 Tactical in a Comp-Tac M-TAC IWB holster. I'm a big fat guy, so I can hide a double stack long-barrel .45 easily enough.

1)don't know... i went through opota so i didnt have to take the BS 12 hour course.

2)again, don't know since i didnt have to take the class.

3)i've heard good things about OVO and NASR

4)everything

5)i hardly carry. mostly because i'm either at work, or in class... either of which i cant carry. i used to carry a uspc 40 caliber in a IWB comp-tac holster, however, i have since sold the gun. the only other handgun i have right now is a usp tactical and there is no way in hell i'm carrying that thing.

hey im taking my class on Jan 4th at the powder room. Its $150 from 8am to 8pm breakfast, lunch , and maybe dinner included. 10 hrs class time and 2 hrs range time. Id rather get it all done in one day, 10 hrs seem like alot but again id rather get it all done at once.

5. Anything small enough to be 100% hidden. I carry a sub compact XD and I feel it's too wide. I need to buy something better, maybe a Kimber Ultra Carry 2 or something.

I looked at this exact gun today. I was impressed they sold two different sized mags. i could keep the bigger mag when at home and the small when i carry. Why didnt you like to carry this? I actually liked that it was a bit thicker, it felt like it filled out my hand better while still being pretty small.

I looked at this exact gun today. I was impressed they sold two different sized mags. i could keep the bigger mag when at home and the small when i carry. Why didnt you like to carry this? I actually liked that it was a bit thicker, it felt like it filled out my hand better while still being pretty small.

I'm the exact opposite, I don't like the thickness.

It isn't that bad to carry. I think mainly I want an excuse to buy something new. :o