I want to add cruise control to an 06 F-150...help

Nitrousbird

I have a 06 F-150 work truck. It is as base as base comes.

I am a cruise control junkie. I read that basically you just need to pop out the blanks on the steering wheel, pop-in the buttons, and have it activated in the PCM.

True/not true? What all is involved in having it activated in the PCM (dealer re-flash, or something simpler?).

Getting the controls hooked up, and the PCM flashed for it is all you need to do. However I'm not sure if it is as simple as just throwing buttons in the steering wheel. I have met people who have done this but they changed the whole steering wheel, and clock spring. This was a few years ago, so I am not sure on an 06. I wish I still talked to this guy, but I can't help you much.

on the other side of the coin are the add on cruise controls from J C Whitney or somewhere like that. I bought my dad one for his truck a few years back and we put it on. Very easy and fairly cheap. The drawback is not having it integrated into your steering wheel. His had a little 2"x2"x.5" control that we mounted to his dash. Overall it worked perfect for him.

I have a 06 F-150 work truck. It is as base as base comes.

I am a cruise control junkie. I read that basically you just need to pop out the blanks on the steering wheel, pop-in the buttons, and have it activated in the PCM.

True/not true? What all is involved in having it activated in the PCM (dealer re-flash, or something simpler?).

PM me, I can find out.