What's a baby delivery cost?

Putty

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, My insurance paid $800 for the delivery but then there is the epidural, aspirin, gauze, freaking diapers. I would say somewhere in the range of $3000. Assuming first child. Second you are there less time and they fuss less.

Well, My insurance paid $800 for the delivery but then there is the epidural, aspirin, gauze, freaking diapers. I would say somewhere in the range of $3000. Assuming first child. Second you are there less time and they fuss less.

Gotcha. My Insurance is 80/20 after deductible, so I have to pay 20% of the total. I had no idea of what to expect 20% of. So around 3k give or take.

Go try and get some Giant Eagle cards for it...

KKEKEKEKEKEKE

LOL

It depends on the Hospital, go and ask they will tell you. St. Anns told us, But we had good insurance We just had to pay $150 room fee. But We paid 420 a month for the insurance. We got our money's worth in 07 though with my accident and her birth. :)

KKEKEKEKEKEKE

lol....ya, I chuckled. That was clever and witty. Kudos!

It depends on the Hospital, go and ask they will tell you.

Good to know. I didn't know you could be a delivery quote. Thanks!

KKEKEKEKEKEKE

Go to Costco it'll be way cheaper.

I think I paid somewhere around $900 for my son's birth.

Make sure the girl gets an epidural. My ex tried to do it without any drugs, and then gave in. She was going nuts and no one could talk to her or she'd freak out. She calmed down and it was much easier after the drugs.

Go to Costco it'll be way cheaper.

I think I paid somewhere around $900 for my son's birth.

Make sure the girl gets an epidural. My ex tried to do it without any drugs, and then gave in. She was going nuts and no one could talk to her or she'd freak out. She calmed down and it was much easier after the drugs.

Yes women are dumb. This is true. I had a friend that was all hippie and wanted nothing, until it was too late and the doctor was like "sorry, too bad" :lol: She always has to learn her lessons the hard way. :)

Charles, RIverside and St. Anns do tours so that you can see the facilities and decide if you want to use their hospital. There are all kinds of cool things they have in those rooms. And it is very competitive. Go to both and take their tours. They show off the Rooms and Nursery and NICU at St. Anns. We used St. Anns and it was pretty sweet.

Typical regular pregancy..not a C section or complicated delivery? One that went butter smooth.

Tour the hospitals....ask them what the typical costs are based on your insurance. Then double check with your insurance.

I don't know how much it costs....we had both our kids under excellent insurance and I don't recall it costing much if anything...but again, depends on your plan. Panny had a great program for their people at the time as they reimbursed all the costs related to the birth / stay, so my daughter was essentially free. Great company

Never understood why the woman would refuse the epideral. Screw dealing with the pain if you don't have to.

Our daughter came out within 30 minutes of lunch at Polaris. No meds and barely made it out of my car when her water spilled all over the floor.

I remember seeing my daughters head pop out while the wife screamed OMG so loud everyone came in. All I could think is that's gotta hurt :eek::o

Our daughter came out within 30 minutes of lunch at Polaris. No meds and barely made it out of my car when her water spilled all over the floor.

I remember seeing my daughters head pop out while the wife screamed OMG so loud everyone came in. All I could think is that's gotta hurt :eek::o

Fuck that, I never looked there, I would have cracked my head open. I stayed by her Head the ENTIRE TIME. :)

Charles, RIverside and St. Anns do tours so that you can see the facilities and decide if you want to use their hospital. There are all kinds of cool things they have in those rooms. And it is very competitive. Go to both and take their tours. They show off the Rooms and Nursery and NICU at St. Anns. We used St. Anns and it was pretty sweet.

Thanks! She works in Riverside, so there's this whole thing of "I dont want them seeing me".....My thing was what diff does it make, but whatever. We may end up in Dublin or Grant. Maybe St. Anns

OSU also does tours, we had a great experience there

check out as many as possible

you mean you arent going to videotape it so you can watch it again and again at home?

Hell no! I will tell the doc to call me over when she's out and I can come cut the cord. I dont wanna see that. Dude said the head was a little too big, so they what looked like hedge clipper and cut cut....head came right on out...I can't witness shit like that. No way...there's no how.