Honda Fury

Hoblick

I still don't understand why they don't use new tech to build something to say compete with the new VMAX, some real power and maybe something that can handle and go farther that 100 miles per tank of gas.

I just don't understand.

I'd like to take this opportunity to point out that if that Hondy was a Hardley, you guys would be trippin over your dicks to tell everyone how much you hated it. Just sayin.

Most likely. :grin: I'll admit to being completely biased towards Honda...but most Harleys can't even begin to touch the power or reliability of Honda. :evil:

what in the hell do you mean wolfman. harley not make a reliable bike. the vrod is smaller cc's than the fury, water cooled and has better handleing and tons mor power. you guyz always forget the non traditional hd. and Ive even rode with some of you

what in the hell do you mean wolfman. harley not make a reliable bike. the vrod is smaller cc's than the fury, water cooled and has better handleing and tons mor power. you guyz always forget the non traditional hd. and Ive even rode with some of you

Where's the gone fishing emoticon? I just caught a harley rider..:lol::lol:

Just joshin with you, I was waiting for you to chime in.. :grin: And yes the vrod was rocking through the corners...:badgerrock:

Looks just like a Polaris to me.

2008_Victory_Vegas_8-Ball.jpg

I'd like to take this opportunity to point out that if that Hondy was a Hardley, you guys would be trippin over your dicks to tell everyone how much you hated it. Just sayin.

I'd like to point out IF that was a Hardly, it would have ratteled appart by now, would cost around $45,000, and WOULDNT have been liquid cooled, not to mention the lack of all the Japanese electronics on the 'American' motercycle.

And don't flatter yourself Vrod, I'm sure your a great guy, but all HD designed on that bike was the frame, swingarm (who the hell decided the passanger pegs got mounted ON the swingarm deserves, and probably got a promotion) and crank/rotating assy. Porche designed the engine, suspension and brakes were outsourced. Thank god. If they had actually used HD brakes on a Porsche motor you'd see a boom in the sales of ceramic soled cowboy, and tasseled leather boots, drilled and slotted of course.

the vrod motor was actually an origanlly an hd engine. if you didn't know. porsche only redesigned it. The motor came from came from the vr 1000. it was raced in superbike race. it wasn't the best thing on the track but it did ok. go and google it . i have the hardest time trying to upload pics that are 2 big .

Redesign, design, what's the difference. I guess my point is that in a country that can build 5billion dollar a piece jets that can travel many times the speed of sound completely undetected, and where at a properly sanctioned event that you can run internal combustion engines that will cover 1320 ft in just over 4 seconds, creating more G's than a space shuttle launch, 'The Great American Motor Company' had to go to fuckin Porsche to make a piss ant 110hp 1390cc V-twin because their so pathetic and stupid they couldn't find ONE SINGLE PERSON in this country of several hundred million people to design a REAL motor in house. And the fact that they REDESIGNED a 12y/o motor is further proof that they are a lame duck, stagnate lazy going no where fast company who has been recycling the same shit for 50 years and selling it at premium prices.

Edited by Dweezel

If any of the Jap manufacturers had released a super bike based on the once mediocre never won a damn thing engines from over a decade ago they'd be laughed out of biz. But when HD does it it's a great acheivement. But I guess you can't hold retards to the same standards as the greats, hence the special olympics. You done good HD, you hang in there kiddo, your friggin special.

• 1 month later...

I really dont like it that much. Look at the case on the engine...it just looks gawdy...why not throw the vtx1800 engine in there? Honda always does the weirdest shit. Why not throw a goldwing engine in that frame. That would be interesting.

ask any old school....Vrod in not really a Harley......hence the only reason i would own one.

• 4 weeks later...

Not a bad looking custom type cruiser (I like my shadow better). I just wish they would come up with a belt drive. My poor shadow has something like 63hp and I lose probably 30% of that to the shaft drive, not to mention shaft drive just doesn't look right on a cruiser/custom imo. What I would really like to see is a nice "standard" bike. I have a good friend who has a 2000 750 NightHawk. Looks brand new w/20000mi. (he's kind of @nal when it comes to cleaning it) I would buy a new one of those in a heartbeat!