Gym memberships; where is yours?

Ramsey

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YMCA in Powell. It's cheap, I pay $72 a month for a family membership. They have a fair amount of equipment (I rarely wait for anything and I normally go after work during the week, so that's a busy time), three pools (one indoor), and it's a nice, new facility. Some YMCA's can be old and run down, but not this one. And I'm a cheap bastard, so this works well for me... :)

Lifestyle Famiyl Fitness. about 55 a month but you have the ability to use all of the (i think) 8 locations around Columbus.

For 65.00 you can get the same package with unlimited tanning... for the gays...

- never crowded at the 3 locations i go to

- Nice circulation, breezy, and doesn't smell.

- Dublin location has a racquetball court

Dislikes:

- The henderson road location is hot, and the drinking water is also warm.

- while their are saunas, there aren't steam rooms.

Lifestyle Famiyl Fitness. about 55 a month but you have the ability to use all of the (i think) 8 locations around Columbus.

For 65.00 you can get the same package with unlimited tanning... for the gays...

they didnt seem to have enough equipment. lifetime price matched them.

urban active is cool inside.. very crowded.. and very "out of the way" as far as locations.... they do run 39.99 specials though if they are on right now.

Lifetiem is nice, but their locations arent near me...

If i lived close to a lifetime, and they would match lifestyle's price... i'd probably switch...

But.. i live in grandview... and there's a lifestyles on State & High

stay away from Lifestyle. They will randomly change prices and if you argue with them over price they say tough.

I've tried to cancel my membership with them and they keep on sending me bills. I have faxed them my cancelation form TWICE now with final payment and I am still getting harrased by them.

seriously, fuck that place.

urban active is cool inside.. very crowded.. and very "out of the way" as far as locations.... they do run 39.99 specials though if they are on right now.

Lifetiem is nice, but their locations arent near me...

If i lived close to a lifetime, and they would match lifestyle's price... i'd probably switch...

But.. i live in grandview... and there's a lifestyles on State & High

urban wanted a contract, lifetime is offering 20 bucks to start and 29 a month. with no contract for all baformer ballys members before the first of the year.

stay away from Lifestyle. They will randomly change prices and if you argue with them over price they say tough.

I've tried to cancel my membership with them and they keep on sending me bills. I have faxed them my cancelation form TWICE now with final payment and I am still getting harrased by them.

that just happend to c6antwon. he will be a new member at lifetime.

that just happend to c6antwon. he will be a new member at lifetime.

FUCK Lifestyle, I started out paying $33, then last year they upped it to $43, and just this past week it changed to $53. Im leaving right now to go cancel my membership. Im going to Lifetime, they're charging me a $75 activation fee, and Ill only pay $39/mo. :)

Looks like I'm not the only one that is still going to LifeStyle just because it's convenient.

If they didn't have a location closest to me at home and at work there's NO WAY I'd still be a member. Their polairs location in particular I'd say that at any given time 50% of the machines are in some sort of dis-repair. They won't fix anything until it is soo broken that it can no longer be used. They've also upped our rates TWICE despite us being in a contract where rates shouldn't change. Neither time have I been able to get them to give us our old rates back. Their target market is fat, middle aged women who they can sucker into selling PT. One of them is always on the machine you want to be using. Not to mention I get no motivation from watching people go through the motions of a workout without really trying. At least at the typical "Meat Head" gyms people are focused and on a mission while they're at the gym. I feel that Motivation tends to rub off on others around them. You don't get that atmosphere at all at LifeStyle.

I will say their Sawmill location is "better"...but still shitty. At least it's not nearly as crowded at lunch.

Power Shack used to be my favorite gym. There aren't any remotely close to me anymore though.

FUCK Lifestyle, I started out paying $33, then last year they upped it to $43, and just this past week it changed to $53. Im leaving right now to go cancel my membership. Im going to Lifetime, they're charging me a $75 activation fee, and Ill only pay $39/mo. :)

dude, I started there paying 9 dollars a month... then last year it was 16 (still great) then I get a bill in the mail... they decided to raise it to 48 dollars a month.

like I said before

FUCK THAT PLACE!!!!!!!!!!

Send them a letter that is a clear cut cease and desist, and demand that you owe them no money. Send it certified mail, return receipt. If you get anything else after that that isn't a subpoena, you may take them to court and sue them for $1000. Ask me how I know.