Gym memberships; where is yours?

Ramsey

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lifetime on Sawmill. Open 24 hours (except the pool which is open until midnight). Kids can actually go swimming and have fun. Steam room, sauna, hot tub, plenty of machines, racquetball, volleybal, basketball, rock climbing, spa, and even a place to eat... the place is nice!

BTW, Lifestyle sucks. When you tell them you want to cancel they bill you for another month or two as part of their policy. My sister in law used to be a manger there.

they are offering me a hell of a deal, are you happy with them?

sorry it took me a while to respond,

yea i love it there actually, its huge inside, has just about everything you could want to do there. every once in a while its packed but they have so much equipment you don't need to wait.

i think my favorite thing is that its open 24/7, biggest draw back IMO is easton parking, but then again if your going to work out you may not mind the walk some times.

I've had three memberships: Worlds (Now Metro), Lifetime, and now Urban. I loved lifetime, if it wasn't so inconvienant for me-- I would go back there in a heart beat.

Urban is extremely nice-- and very convienant. My condo is 2minutes away from the Hamilton Rd one, and the Polaris one is 30seconds away from my office, no brainer. I'll never go back to the roided out dudes at metro and the chicks with dicks there. It was dirty, smelly, and cost just the same as everyone else. Fuck that.

^ Im stuck going around 4-6pm.. which is when all the damn newbies come in and take over the equipment.. :mad:

I went in there on my lunch break at 7 yesterday and saw a guy litterally sitting on the step machine for like 8 minutes. I guess he was so tired he couldnt make it to the chair that was 3 steps away :rolleyes:

What makes me even more pissed....

I HATE PEOPLE THAT DONT WIPE THIER BALLS SWEAT OFF OF THE WORKOUT EQUIPMENT!!!!!! They have free towels and wet wipes all over the place.. but I still end up seeing balls and ass crack juice on the machines :mad:

I dont see how people can get the most out of a workout that early in the morning!

If I did only cardio I would go early.. but if I try to lift anything even remotely heavy in the AM.. I would drop it on myself!

its not really that bad to be honest typically after my first rep I am awake and good to go. Also I am change up my workout a bit come the this Monday where I will start out with 10 to 15 minutes of cardio each morning.

I dont see how people can get the most out of a workout that early in the morning!

If I did only cardio I would go early.. but if I try to lift anything even remotely heavy in the AM.. I would drop it on myself!

I can barely lift my toothbrush in the morning. I could never work out in the morning.

Planet fitness

No start up fee

10$ a month for the basic membership with canceling anytime

21$ a month for the top membership which includes free tanning as much as you want, 1 free guest over 18 yrs old everyday, 1/2 price all drinks. Cancel anytime.

That is around the corner from me. I will be going tomorrow!

PowerShack in Hilliard and Westerville.

I really like it. It's NEVER crowded.. either one. And most of guys there seem to know what they are doing, or atleast stay outta your way nicely. The guys who work in Westerville are nicer than Hilliard.

Some people think it's more of a hardcore gym than Lifestyle. Never been there though.

It's free for me thru my complex so I dont know about pricing. I remember when I checked it wasnt the cheepest if that's what you're going for.

I dont know how guys workout in the morning.. I work out just before lunch on Saturdays and always feel week..

My big pet peeve is also people not wiping down the equipment..Powershacks arent very good about that I notice.. but that varies from gym to gym. Worked out at the Y for years. Gahanna hardly had any bottles/towels, but Hilliard had tons of em which was nice so you could carry around your own..