My new Man Cannon has arrived

RedRocket1647545505

Because a .45 will kill a deer. Eventually. In the meantime, he'll go haring around Hell's Half-Acre, and you may never find him.

A .45 won't penetrate very far, and may not even go through the ribs. Even if it hits a lung, the chances of getting a heart-shot are puny. That leaves him anywhere from a few seconds to a couple hours to run like a motherfucker before his lungs fill.

Even hunters that use high-power rifles sometimes lose deer that run.

A .460, though, has more than enough mass and speed to go through the ribs, and will leave a gaping hole behind it. That means the lungs fill quickly, and the deer goes down fast. That is, IF the hydrostatic shock from a chest hit doesn't stop his heart.

This man is correct. I put a 12ga 300gr. SST sabot slug (.50cal version of the .460rd pictured) through the right lung and the heart of my deer this year and that motherfucker took off faster than I've ever seen any deer run in my life. He managed to make it about 200yd. before dropping and had damn near NO blood trail. I'd hate to see how far he'd have ran if I had something smaller or a piss poor shot placement on him.

And to answer your question about, 'why don't you just shoot it with a .45?', there's a couple ways to answer that.

1. If by .45 you mean .45acp; you can't legally shoot them in Ohio with that round. You're only allowed to use straight walled cases .357mag and bigger. If by .45 you mean .45LC, then that is legal.

2. I am shooting it with a .45; S&W just named the round .460 for some dumb reason.

And for those not familiar with the gun, you're capable of firing .45S&W, .45LC, .454 Casull, and the .460S&W rounds out of it. I'll probably only shoot the .460s out of it since that's why I bought the damn thing.

How not to shoot a .460XVR

http://orangecountyshields.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/grippingrevolverframe.jpg

This + a 65k+ PSI round =

***~~~WARNING: GRAPHIC!~~~***

http://bp2.blogger.com/_fSWsyPc6CKI/R7fce13O0GI/AAAAAAAAAGA/DuvhPwFptsE/s400/Destroyed+thumb.bmp

Thanks for answering my question. Here's a dumb question, entertain a city kid for a min, do you REALLY need somthing that big for a deer? I mean a bear I can kinda understand but why not just carry a .45?

It might be a little bit excessive but I'd rather cart around too much gun then not enough. If Ohio would let us use lever guns I'd switch back to my 45-70 but I don't see that happening.